Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Port Scion City - What will this place be used for?

Default Port Scion City - What will this place be used for?

Wintergrasp (WoW) like PvP? A shared capital for Defiant and Guardian? A leveling zone? Any guesses?

I am hoping for a server wide Wintergrasp like PvP zone.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

From what I have heard it is a open PVP zone...but wont be in the game at release.
    Last edited by Musufasa101; 01-14-2011 at 07:09 PM.

In Warfronts section of achievements window is category called "Battle Of Port Scion". It will be Warfront i guess.

BTW. This map is outdated. Port Scion, Firesand Desert and Cliffside Vale are not in game at launch (beta map is different - 3 zone are cut off).
    LIVE LONG AND DEFIANT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elleeri View Post
    In Warfronts section of achievements window is category called "Battle Of Port Scion". It will be Warfront i guess.

BTW. This map is outdated. Port Scion, Firesand Desert and Cliffside Vale are not in game at launch (beta map is different - 3 zone are cut off).
    It is a warfront but it will also be a zone in itself.

If I were to guess, which I am about to, I would say it's a major endgame raid. But a PvP zone is a good idea... but what about the fact that Regulos conquered it? Idk.

I would also like to see in a future patch/expansion the Defiants reclaiming it, because we all know they need a town or two. But is that likely? No.

Please no to Wintergrasp-style... I want it to be persistent and always available .
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Elleeri View Post
    Good to know, so we can except these zones soon after release.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Port Scion is on MY beta map. Of course that doesn't mean that it MUST be open some time during beta. We just haven't seen it yet. One reason we may not have seen it yet is it could well be a level 50 only zone and so far we've been level restricted to level 27. I suspect PSC to be open world PvP. The fact that there is/will be a Warfront also named Port Scion doesn't mean much. Port Scion was the capital city of Telare in the old days so the name has a lot to do with our lore.
    Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    They have said it will be added after release, dunno about soon after....

According to achievements it is considered a Warfront. Granted that doesn't guarantee that it is instanced. But I would not doubt it.

The achievements make it sound a lot like Alterac Valley being sort of a PvE/PvP hybrid place. Goal is either to kill the opposing sides Commander or to gather more Sourcestone. An minions of Regulos overrun the place an probably guard said sourcestone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifer View Post
    According to achievements it is considered a Warfront. Granted that doesn't guarantee that it is instanced. But I would not doubt it.

The achievements make it sound a lot like Alterac Valley being sort of a PvE/PvP hybrid place. Goal is either to kill the opposing sides Commander or to gather more Sourcestone. An minions of Regulos overrun the place an probably guard said sourcestone.
    The warfront and the actual zone are two different things, already been stated.

Hmm, visions of Blackhawk Down....

Quote Originally Posted by Sifer View Post

with the Regulos thing i could say is probably is fully right on, because when your on the Bridge in Freemarch if you look at the castle that is in port Scion you can see it's being overrunned by the death rift
    Rhyli@Hailol

I would say the biggest baddy on release will be Alsbeth, and that she is hold in Port Scion as she is the one that opened the rift in the city. Major end-game content is my guess, maybe even RAID bosses.

It is of course also a warfront, but no reason why one excludes the other.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I land on the idea that Port Scion should be something like Darkness Falls from Dark Age of Camelot on *******. Allow me to explain.

In Dark age of Camelot, once upon a time, Darkness Falls was a PvE dungeon which all 3 realms shared, meaning PvP encounters COULD happen. Access to Darkness Falls was granted by controlling PvP objectives, however if you were inside Darkness Falls when realm possession shifted, you remain in until killed and forced to "release" (think respawn at a graveyard).

Trion could easily develop a system like Camelot did, however on pve servers constantly allow access to both factions, while creating an open PvP zone (or zones) which are laced with objectives for the faction to contest over and ultimately gain access to Port Scion. Or, conversely, create some kind of city-capture mechanic to allow access.

Just an idea.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast