+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trion - We need a commitment!

Default Trion - We need a commitment!

We need a commitment from Trion's Business and Devs to "just say no" to Pandas.

And for that matter to flying mounts, helicopters, motorcycles, and Jar Jar.

But seriously, thank you Trion for keeping with your story lines and themes. In the future, if expansion packs are considered, please continue to grow on this paradigm. Going off on wild tangents than just in no way mesh with the current world signal like nothing else that a game has lost its way.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post

But seriously, thank you Trion for keeping with your story lines and themes. In the future, if expansion packs are considered, please continue to grow on this paradigm. Going off on wild tangents than just in no way mesh with the current world signal like nothing else that a game has lost its way.
    I agree with everything except flying mounts.

Just because Blizzard did them wrong, doesn't mean Trion would if they added them to Rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Ascendant

flying mounts in EQ2 were alright..

I fully agree with not going off on wild tangents. While Telara is a different world, entirely, than norrath - I am still a bit bitter about the Shadows of Luclin (SoL .. lol) expansion for EQ.. that introduced aliens on the moon.. Oh, and that we couldn't play for the first week or so after they released it due to so many bugs that any exterminator would have run the other way screaming.

Anyway..
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddu Krishnamurti
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

I WOULD love to have a aprila rs125 at least or a 650 but i know it would just rune the game and dont ask for one
    Quote Originally Posted by ceodoc View Post
    Happy Trails Khalsa.
    Although I am not one of them, many Defiants will rest more at ease now the "killin" machine has moved on.
    Haha Ciao Doc

Monk would be cool. But I agree with everything else. No flying mounts...please.
    What I eat doesnt make you......*
    Why do you care about what Im doing?

*Thanks RiftMods, i'm sure that my sig was just getting under your skin that you had to bother me...why dont you run along and bother some trolls in those threads?

I'm ok with no flying mounts, but how about a 150% ground mount, even if its something very difficult or expensive to acquire.

There is a quest in Shimmersand on the plateu where the griffons are. The quest guy talks about how they once tamed and flew griffons back in the day. I think that one guy could plant the seed for something in the furture. Besides it would be sweet to buzz dive into a Rift
    Last edited by Linfang; 10-24-2011 at 10:11 AM.
    Online since 1994. MajorMud, UO, EQ 1/2, AC 1/2 DAOC, Earth and Beyond, Anarchy Online, Horizons, SWG, Lineage 2, WoW, LOTR, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Star Trek Online, RIFT!

This is what killed WoW for me. Played Vanilla WoW, cool stuff.

Burning Crusade comes around- the lore is yanked around and dumbed down, everybody's segregated between the old world and the new to the point where you never see anybody in any other zone, and when you do see them, the garish armor clashes with everything else in the world and everything in the lore.

Lich King- More of the same, lore's ignored or rewritten, new classes, new zone for everybody to be in while old zones are ignored.

Cataclysm- I stopped even pretending to care at this point, and I'd totally ignore when one of my buddies started talking about it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosoul View Post
    I fully agree with not going off on wild tangents. While Telara is a different world, entirely, than norrath - I am still a bit bitter about the Shadows of Luclin (SoL .. lol) expansion for EQ.. that introduced aliens on the moon.. Oh, and that we couldn't play for the first week or so after they released it due to so many bugs that any exterminator would have run the other way screaming.

Anyway..
    Vex Thal was the best thing to happen to EQ.

Ascendant

So raptor things, croc things, tortoises etc don't count. Not really sure I understand the panda thing Maybe I should log onto my WoW account and see... Assume you meant WoW. The commitment we actually need is for the creators to relate mounts and the like rewards to actual races in game cus the spiders are just the thin edge of a very dodgy wedge. As are all the vanity garb from the vets awards. Just gimmicky fluff.. Personally I think both Blizzard and Trion are as bad as each other... Thing is Trion really don't have any excuses.... Pumpkin heads at the ready. Just you wait.

Anyway, I'll get a mount when I see it being used by an actual race in game. Till then I'll just dream about once again having my Talbuk.

I agree and disagree. I think a fair amount of the issue with WoW is how they did certain things not what. I could see, on the defiant side at least, some more technological things IF they were done in a steam punk fashion.

As an example. If flying mounts did not allow the bypassing of overland content (if we have flying mounts then so do the bad guys and obviously other beasties can fly, heck u could even have airborne air rifts that would be cool) flying mounts could work. As for the tech angle, you have the guardians flying griffins or pegasi and the defiant could fly a steampunk style Di Vinci inspired ornithopter. This i think would fit nicely with the Defiant tech. The end thing is of they r going to do ot, do it right. If they don't have the time or tech to do it then don't do it at all.

Flying mounts are nice, but they sure as hell killed world PvP. YO BRO IMA COME GANK U
    FLYYYIN AWAY PZBREH

Could u elaborate further on which of the 300 threads you refer too that don't boil down to "i want this game to be more like the game I have neen a fanboi of?"

I will be honest, if I have ever been a fan boi it was an EQ2 fanboi. In alpha/beta I kept staring at the purifier and to an extent druid and said "boy a few changes and i could make my mystic. I looked at the Paragon and some od the tank builds trying to figure out how to make my bezerker. I realized however this wasn't EQ2 and forced myself to look at the game fresh. Many of the whine threads about class mechanics really come down to people being bent that the game did away with a convention they were comfortable with. Whether it be warrior tanks who get twitchy that a calling that doesn't wear plate may be able to tank as well, clerics bent a mage can heal or rogues bent a warrior can dps. I have found the number of threads mentioning genuine mechanical problems and not issues that boil down to style are the exception and not the rule. Note I am not saying there r no issues, their certainly are, i am just not a fan of hyperbole.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    I agree with everything except flying mounts.

Just because Blizzard did them wrong, doesn't mean Trion would if they added them to Rift.
    Blizzard did nothing 'wrong' with the way they implemented them, it's moronic players and their delight at being annoying to others, and griefing them, that makes flying mounts in WOW a pain .. and the same childish behavior exists already in Rift, it would end in the same way here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast