+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trion - We need a commitment!

  1. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    282

    Default

    I think the content is unique enough at this point for the game not to be considered a wow clone. And I think, from a lore perspective, it would make more sense if our characters were simply ably to sprout angelic wings and fly by themselves. We ARE ascended, yes?

  2. #17
    Ascendant Noaani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    Blizzard did nothing 'wrong' with the way they implemented them.
    Yes they did.

    They implemented them without also implementing flying encounters in the areas players would be expected to fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

  3. #18
    Plane Walker Rakkasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
    We need a commitment from Trion's Business and Devs to "just say no" to Pandas.

    And for that matter to flying mounts, helicopters, motorcycles, and Jar Jar.


    But seriously, thank you Trion for keeping with your story lines and themes. In the future, if expansion packs are considered, please continue to grow on this paradigm. Going off on wild tangents than just in no way mesh with the current world signal like nothing else that a game has lost its way.

    I agree with you completely. They need to keep the world true to the lore and unique.

    The kid in me would really like a panda mount cause I really like pandas, but they would be stupid and totally break immersion.

  4. #19
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Hey people what is wrong with flying mounts?

    i want one so bad i can't stand it. These stupid mountains that have passes that look like you should be able to get up and then can't waste so much time of my playing. Why? And croc mounts that can't swim. Turtle mounts that can't swim. FFS.

    Just give us an all terrain mount if it flies, climbs, tunnels, whatever

    This game is not about land navigation just fix this.

  5. #20
    Champion Flynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Flying mounts either powered by planar charges for like 5 mins of flight, or have them completely restricted to the Elemental Planes and start having some raid content spouting vertically upwards from the Rifts themselves. Like lightning sprites.

  6. #21
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
    We need a commitment from Trion's Business and Devs to "just say no" to Pandas.
    I think Elrar and his double chainsaws would like to have a word with you.

  7. #22
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by judoka13 View Post
    Hey people what is wrong with flying mounts?

    i want one so bad i can't stand it. These stupid mountains that have passes that look like you should be able to get up and then can't waste so much time of my playing. Why? And croc mounts that can't swim. Turtle mounts that can't swim. FFS.

    Just give us an all terrain mount if it flies, climbs, tunnels, whatever

    This game is not about land navigation just fix this.
    My issue is that flying mounts, as WoW implemented them, allows players to completely bypass much of the content. That is why I said they needed to be done right. There are wild griffins and other winged beasties that can fly we deal with on the ground, let them be flying around in the sky too. If we as PC's have flying mounts them we should run into Endless Court and Mathosian Knights flying around. Air Rifts should open, well in the air. If you are on a PvP server or PvP flagged on a PvE server another player should be able to attack you in the air. Do this and not simply have flying mounts as a way to bypass the environment and PvP and I am all for it.

    And btw these games are in part about land navigation, why in the world do you think you can't simply run over every terrain feature in the game?
    Last edited by Galibier; 10-25-2011 at 04:56 AM.

  8. #23
    Ascendant Noaani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    My issue is that flying mounts, as WoW implemented them, allows players to completely bypass much of the content. That is why I said they needed to be done right. There are wild griffins and other winged beasties that can fly we deal with on the ground, let them be flying around in the sky too. If we as PC's have flying mounts them we should run into Endless Court and Mathosian Knights flying around. Air Rifts should open, well in the air. If you are on a PvP server or PvP flagged on a PvE server another player should be able to attack you in the air. Do this and not simply have flying mounts as a way to bypass the environment and PvP and I am all for it.
    This is exactly what I have been saying since early closed beta.

    I'm glad other people finally "get it".
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

  9. #24
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    This is exactly what I have been saying since early closed beta.

    I'm glad other people finally "get it".
    I was agreeing with you in the betas and banging my head against the wall whenever Jonathan the black chimed in lol.

  10. #25
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    695

    Default

    So no to Pandas, flying mounts, aliens, and the like.


    What about Pokemon? I hear adding Pokemon to your game is all the rage now.

  11. #26
    Champion ninefourtyfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    558

    Default

    screw pandas, add frogloks.

  12. #27
    Prophet of Telara Sarablu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by judoka13 View Post
    Hey people what is wrong with flying mounts?

    This game is not about land navigation just fix this.
    Okay.

    LvL50 mount. Awarded after you've cleared every 5-man and Raid dungeon.

    Happy?
    Cogito Ergo Femina Sum

  13. #28
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    This is exactly what I have been saying since early closed beta.

    I'm glad other people finally "get it".
    There's a reason Blizzard is going back to 'no flying till 90 in Pandaria' when it comes out. That was a big mistake in Cata questing. People just dropped on quest mobs, killed them, and left. Northrend, we couldn't fly till 77, and BC, no flight till 70. Sure, you can fly and quest in those now, but they're not 'new maxlevel' areas, either. So, if they keep Pandaria 'no flight till 90' till 6-9 months after expansion, it'll be a big plus to the feel of the area.

    So, yeah, there are pitfalls to flying mounts, and, frankly, Rift's world isn't *near* big enough yet.

  14. #29
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
    But seriously, thank you Trion for keeping with your story lines and themes. In the future, if expansion packs are considered, please continue to grow on this paradigm. Going off on wild tangents than just in no way mesh with the current world signal like nothing else that a game has lost its way.
    Comparing a game that's just over a year old, including the initial beta and a game that is trying to keep and add to it's playerbase after 7 years seems a little narrow sighted.

    WoW started out with no flying mounts, motorcycles and a lore that was intact and feasible.

    Let's see where Rift stands if it exists(and hasn't been absorbed by Gameforge for F2P conversion) in seven years.

    PS: I love flying mounts for the simple ability to appreciate the landscape from above. I've spent a lot of time flying around Azeroth to find vantage points to enjoy a sunset or similar.
    Last edited by schwim; 10-25-2011 at 07:46 AM.

  15. #30
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Add flying combat and i'll sub for years.

    The lore comments always make me laugh, lore is what the company says it is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts