+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Monk Class? A Good Fit For Rift?

Quote Originally Posted by phyraxian View Post
    Are clerics not already monks?
    No. Clerics and monks are 2 separate orders both in RL and the majority of games.

Plane Touched

Monks do not fall under the cleric category as they are not really a healing class. I could see them being a second rogue tank soul though, with high avoidance - but they would have to cut out bows, guns, and daggers from their weapons list. However, I would not be against a monk spin-off for each calling. a Mage monk would be pimp... all sorts of martial enchantments and elemental damage procs and defenses. I could dig it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin Nightwing View Post
    What do you think? I wouldn't mind seeing Trion's take on this class. Not so much an Asian themed monk as most MMO's tend to overplay. I tend to vision this being a Medieval style monk. Cloth armor, pole-staff. Not sure what soul names could be. Could be Guardian only, and another similar class for the Defiants, like Wizard (not sure what would be opposite of a monk, figure Defiants would want to stay away from religion.)

I'd like to see others ideas on this.
    Sounds like the friar class from DAoC...I liked that and wouldn't mind seeing it added here.
    .... .. ... / .. ... / ..... / -- .. -. ... / --- ..-. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / .-.. .. ..-. . / - .... .- - / -.-- --- ..- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -. . ...- . .-. / --. . - / -... .- -.-. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by emtbh View Post
    Sounds like the friar class from DAoC...I liked that and wouldn't mind seeing it added here.
    LOL I was halfway through making a post about the Friar before I decided to back out. I'm glad somebody remembers that class. Looks like a mage until you go to fight him, then he busts out the kung fu and wipes you all over the floor. As a stealther I hated them with a passion. Them and Reavers. If we had Friars in this game the rogues would be screaming bloody murder.

No we don't want monks, because then it would be wow an nobody wants another game like wow. atleast i don't.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Boromir View Post
    No we don't want monks, because then it would be wow an nobody wants another game like wow. atleast i don't.
    Are you ******ed?

People have wanted monks in this game far before WoW publicly released any info at all about their new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian View Post
    Or has seen the new WoW class unveiled yesterday

So while we're blatantly borrowing other games classes Defiant can have Jedi Knights to balance against Guardian monks. (they're a type of religion free monk after all ) ;)
    misconception. Defiant also has religious followers, just not followers of the Vigils

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Kakiro View Post
    Are you ******ed?

People have wanted monks in this game far before WoW publicly released any info at all about their new expansion.
    lol

see this is what I mean when I say "every body and their grandmother are afraid to take ideas from WoW,, even if its not an original idea from WoW"

case and point, Monks... Nothing in WoW is original,,, when will WoW haters realize this?

they dont want feature "X,Y,Z" because WoW has it.... smh.... WoW will have Black Garden as well,,,, so I guess these WoW haters should want Trion to remove BG now, since WoW has it,,, right?

yeah,,, good idea,,, for destroying Rift, as well as the genre with that kind of mindset

Plane Touched

Not necessarily, a lot of other games have had monks long before WoW. In a sense, WoW has become just like every other game.
    Last edited by Ravin Nightwing; 10-22-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Huh?

EQ had them long before WoW even existed.

EQ2 it's a fighter class, a "light" tank even. Different than the Scout class (like Assassins and Swashbucklers), which are DPS classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne View Post
    Huh?

EQ had them long before WoW even existed.

EQ2 it's a fighter class, a "light" tank even. Different than the Scout class (like Assassins and Swashbucklers), which are DPS classes.
    THAT DOESNT MATTER

to people like this. anything that WoW has, yet another developer didnt already have, is considered treason.

Soulwalker

I think we can expect to see Monks at some point. Possibly in an expansion. Also, WoW did not invent Monks. That's like saying they invented Mages or Paladins. From what I hear WoW Monks are going to be ridiculous anyway. I'd love for Trion to show them how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuun View Post
    I think we can expect to see Monks at some point. Possibly in an expansion. Also, WoW did not invent Monks. That's like saying they invented Mages or Paladins. From what I hear WoW Monks are going to be ridiculous anyway. I'd love for Trion to show them how to do it.
    thats pretty funny..

Paladin examples of this-

Link 1

Link 2

WoW hatred example-
    Link 3

I guess this behavior is new to you outside of WoW.
    Last edited by tro44; 10-22-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baynne View Post
    Monks do not fall under the cleric category as they are not really a healing class.
    Didn't realize all cleric souls are focused on healing.

Damn my shaman, druid, cabalist, inquisitor are going to be mad that their not real cleric souls.
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

Nope.

Monk is the lamest class ever created. Was lame in D&D, Guildwars, World of Warcraft now, and it doesn't need to be in Rift.
    Farting in your dungeon and taking all the purples!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast