+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Rift is dying?

Quote Originally Posted by samfluffy View Post
    few months ago everyone was crying ?why? cause theri was lone que to log onto theri servers like an hour

do you see that now? no you dont cause tons of people have left the game

iam not saying rift is dieing but sure has slowed down a lot
    They're in FLs gearing out since the nerf (like I was trying before the nerf). Can't even do RBGs due to it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Femme Fatal1 View Post
    The difference there though is WOW has been around for SEVEN years this November and has a subscriber base of 11 million. Rift has been around just a few MONTHS and the lowbie and mid level zones are already barren and ghost towns. Rift has barely sold a million copies and hardly has that many subscribers anymore ALREADY. Guild Wars on the other hand sold over 6 MILLION copies and the lowbie zone is jam packed with players 1-8th levels.

Games like WOW and Everquest had good low and mid level populations for a couple of years. Rift may be designed to only last in the lvl 50 end of the game but it sure doesn't bode well for newcomers when there's nobody to group with or play with at their level(s).

Honestly if WoW keeps up with what they are planning for their next expansion and talent changes I wouldn't be surprised if those low level areas get more crowded. I know I'm never going back now.

Banned

sorry iam not yur drug dealing daddy
    i have a great job a family and all money i need
    so try again loser
    That's what all in DENIAL would say and of course those without an education who are probably in the 5th or 6th grade judging by your spelling and grammar. ;)

At any rate here's what is going to CRUSH rift when it's released. Such an awesome looking intro. ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=nlhWqmVeDno#!

Banned

few months ago everyone was crying ?why? cause theri was lone que to log onto theri servers like an hour

do you see that now? no you dont cause tons of people have left the game

iam not saying rift is dieing but sure has slowed down a lot
    Of course the fanbabies are going to say they INCREASED all server caps and that's why it's sooooooo much easier to login and play nowadays. But, I AGREE with YOU I believe it is due wholey because of the MASS exodus of players in the 3 month and 6 month subscription range. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Brutix View Post
    Honestly if WoW keeps up with what they are planning for their next expansion and talent changes I wouldn't be surprised if those low level areas get more crowded. I know I'm never going back now.
    Blizz truly is killing their game. Don't know why, but angering the playerbase that much (first the casuals; now the hardcore), it will be soon enough wowcensus will show but 1mil online.

Pandas as a race, all started as a joke, now a whole expansion based on it.

:shudder:

Rift Disciple

I played rift for 6 months since the headstart. After that time I got bored because Rift is such an instance game with a small world that I returned to Wow and Lotr. Lotr is boring with its combat system. Wow has a great world to explore despite it looks really cartoonish. But then I saw the new WoW expansion: the panda! Seriously they're making pokemon over there. So I returned playing Rift because there is really nothing else to play at the moment. It seems that everybody has dropped the competition over Swtor. Rift will be an instance / raid game. Wow is catering to the youngest audience with now cartoon characters. Sadly I find we are just waiting for new games to come out.

At any rate here's what is going to CRUSH rift when it's released.
    How?

Never played it, nor have an interest too.

RIFT has more EQ2 in it, top/down, and my heart is in that game. WoW is a past time (like my Holy paladin), but EQNext comes...................

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne View Post
    Blizz truly is killing their game. Don't know why, but angering the playerbase that much (first the casuals; now the hardcore), it will be soon enough wowcensus will show but 1mil online.

Pandas as a race, all started as a joke, now a whole expansion based on it.

:shudder:
    I almost died laughing at the trailer. Its like Blizzard took everything that players having been asking for like 5 years and a few things from current MMOs and called it an expansion. A sorry excuse of a cash grab if I ever saw one.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

What's sad is a lot of the stuff (smaller stuff to most people I suppose) that blizzard is talking about with the expansion seem really cool. It's just over shadowed by Pandas and pet fighting.

I miss old blizzard, but I guess times change.
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne View Post
    How?

Never played it, nor have an interest too.

RIFT has more EQ2 in it, top/down, and my heart is in that game. WoW is a past time (like my Holy paladin), but EQNext comes...................
    When you asked HOW and then said never played it or have an interest to it was pretty obvious you don't play real good MMO's or Action RPG games. ;) I see you like romper room kiddyfied games instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Verja View Post
    What's sad is a lot of the stuff (smaller stuff to most people I suppose) that blizzard is talking about with the expansion seem really cool. It's just over shadowed by Pandas and pet fighting.
    Oh, I won't deny that the Instant Adventure clone looks fun. It's just that it won't be out until we've already had it for a year.

I loathe the talent changes, though. I really liked the idea of having choices, even if many of them were poor choices for raiding. That was really what brought home that even apart from the nasty Activision stuff and Kotick, Blizzard as I once knew them is dead. They are no longer interested in making games that I would want to play.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

rift will die in december. but it will be a quick death. not much pain.

When you asked HOW and then said never played it or have an interest to it was pretty obvious you don't play real good MMO's or Action RPG games. ;) I see you like romper room kiddyfied games instead.
    D3 is a "real good MMO or Action RPG games", where the AH is going to fleece you?

lololol

Quote Originally Posted by norgor View Post
    rift will die in december. but it will be a quick death. not much pain.
    Then it will be resurrected in January when everybody realized they wasted their pre-order money on what is essentially just an over-glorified console game.

Seriously, Rift will not be dying anytime soon, as long as Trion continue to support it the way they have been the game will continue to attract new players. I give it until March before we start seeing all the traditional MMO hoppers posting their "TOR is dying" threads over on the TOR forums.
    Last edited by RangerRob; 10-23-2011 at 05:45 AM.

DB1

That's what all in DENIAL would say and of course those without an education who are probably in the 5th or 6th grade judging by your spelling and grammar. ;)

At any rate here's what is going to CRUSH rift when it's released. Such an awesome looking intro. ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=nlhWqmVeDno#!
    LMFAO are you serious go youtube the actual game play for D3 the graphics look like pure crap looks like a ps2 game. Its 2011 dude its about everything now a day. You need crazy graphics good gameplay ect... Nothing on the market is messing with Rift atm only game out with better graphics if Final fail 14. SWTOR is going to be fun for about 3 months then it will die due to the fact its only a lving game and fails @ EG. GW2 will capture the pvp heads. Rift is the best pve game to hit the market in years and as long as they pump out that great content it will be around for a long time.
    Last edited by DB1; 10-23-2011 at 06:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast