+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Trion holds their ground, bravo

Telaran

Default Trion holds their ground, bravo

I think it's fantastic, in the past whenever there was something a couple of forum geeks did not like about recent patches when it comes to rather big soul changes affecting warrior/cleric/mages; there was an instant nerf within days. That was, ofcourse, after they had made about 20-30 threads about the same "problem"...sound familiar? Yes! Just like with the rogues now! But there has not been a single nerf yet in like 2 weeks or however long it's been, and no word out yet that rogues are currently overpowered and will face a major change in the near future.

I've always thought that these lame forum spamms incite trion to change somethin that only the minority believe needs to be changed, but not now, which is why i would like to point out that your pointless jibba jabba is....well, pointless.

These rs/nb fellas are quite annoying nerds and mm fanout creates big numbers on the charts but.. So what, live with it, it's what mages have been doing with devouring shadows since forever and clerics too (forgot name but often see clerics or mages with top dps whilst having crap gear; thanks to aoe)

Learn to adapt to the new environment!
    Last edited by Gill; 10-15-2011 at 03:46 AM. Reason: rude

Quote Originally Posted by funkeh View Post
    I think it's fantastic, in the past whenever there was something a couple of forum geeks did not like about recent patches when it comes to rather big soul changes affecting warrior/cleric/mages; there was an instant nerf within days. That was, ofcourse, after they had made about 20-30 threads about the same "problem"...sound familiar? Yes! Just like with the rogues now! But there has not been a single nerf yet in like 2 weeks or however long it's been, and no word out yet that rogues are currently overpowered and will face a major change in the near future.

I've always thought that these lame forum spamms incite trion to change somethin that only the minority believe needs to be changed, but not now, which is why i would like to point out that your pointless jibba jabba is....well, pointless.

These rs/nb fellas are quite annoying nerds and mm fanout creates big numbers on the charts but.. So what, live with it, it's what mages have been doing with devouring shadows since forever and clerics too (forgot name but often see clerics or mages with top dps whilst having crap gear; thanks to aoe)

Learn to adapt to the new environment!
    So they going buff warrior/cleric/mages to be on par with rogues instead
    Last edited by Gill; 10-15-2011 at 03:46 AM. Reason: reply to a post that was edited
    Guild:closers
    Gilded Prophecy 4/4 Drowned Halls 4/4 Rise of the Phoenix 4/4
    Greenscale 5/5 River of Souls 5/5 Hammerknell 10/11

Sword of Telara

Where's that video where a guy made a macro called "I win", slapped it in the middle of his screen, and pressed it and ONLY it.

And then proceeded to completely destroy the Warfront.

But hey, you're right. It's just a bunch of mad nerds who have no idea about balance. Rogues are FINE.

Telaran

Just like devouring shadows! I wish I had a passive 50 debuffs oh and I wish it took the healing of other players..........for game play sakes I hate passive abilities. Get rid of these passive healing reductions please. Make the player do the work not the one button I debuffs all!

You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7AcbriAKLU

I was ok with the rogue changes until a couple of nights ago. Facing an opposition team composed of high prestige rogues in black garden 6 of them spread in a line and just spammed fan out like this. It was like machine gun fire and simply cut down the other team when they tried to approach the fang carrier, who just sat behind them. It was frankly ludicrous.

Mages cannot do this because they run out of mana, their range is far more limited and the damage is in a highly visible puddle.

Unless Trion are going to implement trenches, mortars and barbed wire to turn this fully into a world war 1 battle simulator then something has to be done about the way this can seemingly be spammed indefinitely.
    Anduri - Gelidra
    United Kingdoms

Champion

Excerpts from Guild Ventrilo:

Background: Rift player whose main character is a rogue since launch. Name witheld to protect the innocent.

"OMG, this is crazy. I just went 20-3" Killing Blows/Death ratio

*15 min pass*

"HAHAHAHAHhahahhahhah 16-2"

*15 min pass*

"They are going to nerf the hell outta this..."

*15 min pass*

"OMG, 20-1, nuts"

Etc., etc., etc. for the last 2 weeks.

Submitted without further comment, for your perusal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seere View Post

Background: Rift player whose main character is a rogue since launch. Name witheld to protect the innocent.

*15 min pass*

*15 min pass*

*15 min pass*

"OMG, 20-1, nuts"

Very similar situation here.

Oh and it will be nerfed.

Plane Walker

[QUOTE=Duty;3274611]So they going buff warrior/cleric/mages to be on par with rogues instead [/QUOTE

well rogues themselves arnt OP...just the healing from MM souls make it single target, and this new NB/RS build which i havnt even seen before, if it doesnt stealth i dont use it for pvp :P
    {WinterXI >>>> 13th Edition}

Rift Master

Remember before warriors got hit over and over with nerfs, Trion said that they were fine.

Telaran

I'm just not going to go into the topic of being rogues being "OP", I'll leave that to the forum monkies.

Let me just state this tho, for what its worth: I am totally sick of going into a WF and find 80% of my team are rogues. I see them everywhere and frankly its getting a bit old ALREADY. Lets just cut all the other classes out and have just mages and rogues.

Seriously, something is wrong when you see this type of class imbalance and I highly doubt the issue will correct itself. Bookmark this for future reference....you know I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Terram View Post
    Where's that video where a guy made a macro called "I win", slapped it in the middle of his screen, and pressed it and ONLY it.

And then proceeded to completely destroy the Warfront.

But hey, you're right. It's just a bunch of mad nerds who have no idea about balance. Rogues are FINE.
    If Rift had released with rogues being as they are now you would be saying the game is ****ed if rogues were toned down.

Just like NO ONE but a very few, has ever had a problem with healers being damn near unkillable since release.

Rogues on the other hand were almost unplayable

Of all the games I have ever played, this is the first were one class had the I WIN button a large portion of the time .

I guess its really a matter of what you ate while you grew up and what you expect to be served every day.

It can be very shocking and disturbing when your macaroni and cheese gets replaced by a salad.

The moral of the story?

Balance is all relative to what you expect, never seen any difference from, or wish for.

It's not reality however..

Play and be happy

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TerminusEst View Post
    If Rift had released with rogues being as they are now you would be saying the game is ****ed if rogues were toned down.

Just like NO ONE but a very few, has ever had a problem with healers being damn near unkillable since release.

Rogues on the other hand were almost unplayable

Of all the games I have ever played, this is the first were one class had the I WIN button a large portion of the time .
    Actually, Rogues started out overpowered. Sabo spike anyone? I started on a pvp server, so I leveled as a tank spec, and was fine- just slower than molasses
    I gave up on rp-pvp- because it seemed to bring out more poopiheads than a regular pvp server. I have a rogue(MM) cleric and mage on the rp pve server I'm on now. I can't say what's overpowered or not, as none are level 50, and don't think balance prior to 50 should matter that much (most pvp isn't dueling, its my gank vs your gank). I never have expected perfect balance.

The real question is, how much overpowered is something? Is it actual, or perceived? Are people bringing rogues because they think it's an IWIN button, or is it really that bad? As much as I hate damage meters in general, this is a perfect place for a parser- real numbers.
    ------------------------------------
    Please do me right now. On the kitchen table. On the bed. On the couch. Hell, I'll even take the floor in front of the T.V. I don't care, I just need you to do me like I've never been done before. - Your Homework
    ------------------------------------
    "The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse [lady of commercial virtue]. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." - James Nicoll

Ascendant

And the point of the OPs post was to do what. Obviously a surplus of salt to get rid of.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Duty View Post
    So they going buff warrior/cleric/mages to be on par with rogues instead
    haahahahaha! That was good for a laugh this morning ty !
    Seltara ~ Defiant

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Seere View Post

*15 min pass*

*15 min pass*

*15 min pass*

"OMG, 20-1, nuts"

so... where were the rouques on the other side then? this is all silly ********. Its mirror classes, so just shut up with this idiocy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast