+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Keep Crafting Independent of Adventuring

Telaran

Absolutely no reason that a player shouldn't be able to be a lvl 1 adventurer and a max lvl crafter. Put all the relevant NPCs in the starting area and problem solved. The crafter can then get all mats from an adventurer alt or other players and with some effort make himself self sufficient in no time.

From what I've seen so far, it appears that Crafting and Adventuring are separate when it comes to leveling your Crafting skill.

However, the location of the advanced trainers will make it extremely difficult for low level players to reach them.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyde View Post
    This quote says it all really:
    I actually disagree with this quote. There were multiple times in WoW that I couldn't wait to craft something. Such as Rocket Boots, flying carpets, item or armor enhancements, etc. This quote holds absolutely no bearing considering that fact that there are plenty of people who craft for the sake of boosting their character's stats as well as for aesthetic reasons (novelty pets, mounts, clothing, etc).

After reading the thread over, I believe this is what you're asking for:

Gina Reams: We donít have your crafting skill based upon your adventuring level, so you can technically be level 5 and have a max skill of 300. That being said, the higher level resources and materials that you will be using will be in higher level zones.
    Found Here. So essentially they didn't make it based on adventuring level.

+1 pro idea's so far.

Shadowlander

What I would most like to see in crafting is for the items you can make having more value than a torn wolfs hide in the market place. Quest rewards can keep you going equipment wise, but the crafting side should have a slight edge over dropped/quest pieces. I'm not looking to force everyone to craft to get "the best", but conversley, who would bother with crafting when you make nothing that can compare to, or even beat, whats dropped/quested.

I also agree that keeping crafting progression seperate from adventuring progression is a good plan. Everyone makes a crafting alt. Let them stay home and do what they do best, while your adventurer does what they do best.

EQ2 has a great system as did Horizons...neither required the crafter to leave the workshop if they didn't so choose. They also required more than hit the button and get a coffee.
    Last edited by minena; 02-02-2011 at 01:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11