+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: To all the addon naysayers

Plane Touched

Default To all the addon naysayers

So now that addons have been out a while, are any of the addon naysayers willing to admit they were wrong?

No, the game hasn't turned into a dystopia where everyone with a DPS meter is a jerk and will kick people for not pulling 1k single target DPS in a t2. I'm sure people run into just as many jerks in random dungeons as before, addons don't change that.

No there arn't any addons that "Play the game for you" or "automate" anything at all.

All the addons I've seen just display information already displayed, in an easier to see/read/more customizable manner.

Ohmygodnowai, I know, addons didn't destroy the game, and they wont anytime in the future. Bottom line, wow got to how it was with addons because of the people, not the addons themselves.

Addons are a tool, put them in the hands of an intelligent human being and thats all it is, a tool, something to help that person change aspects of the UI or display the information he wants to display in a better manner.

A tool in the hand of a ****** however, becomes a weapon, and can hurt himself and everyone around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakiro View Post
    So now that addons have been out a while, are any of the addon naysayers willing to admit they were wrong?

No, the game hasn't turned into a dystopia where everyone with a DPS meter is a jerk and will kick people for not pulling 1k single target DPS in a t2. I'm sure people run into just as many jerks in random dungeons as before, addons don't change that.

No there arn't any addons that "Play the game for you" or "automate" anything at all.

All the addons I've seen just display information already displayed, in an easier to see/read/more customizable manner.

Ohmygodnowai, I know, addons didn't destroy the game, and they wont anytime in the future. Bottom line, wow got to how it was with addons because of the people, not the addons themselves.

Addons are a tool, put them in the hands of an intelligent human being and thats all it is, a tool, something to help that person change aspects of the UI or display the information he wants to display in a better manner.

A tool in the hand of a ****** however, becomes a weapon, and can hurt himself and everyone around him.
    Give it a couple more months it just got released
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

I think the people who were going to be jerks with dps parsers were already being jerks with dps parsers before the add-ons.

But I'm pretty sure all my deaths in pvp are cuz of addons.

Simple enough, don't want addons? Don't use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Simple enough, don't want addons? Don't use them.
    Simple enough, dont like smog then walk 35 miles to work
    My subscription ran out monday
    Last edited by Mongus; 10-12-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mongus View Post
    Simple enough, dont like smog then walk 35 miles to work
    My subscription ran out monday
    And be in the smog even longer?? Are you nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    I think the people who were going to be jerks with dps parsers were already being jerks with dps parsers before the add-ons.
    And to date, I've not actually heard of anyone encountering one in the game.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow Bro View Post
    Give it a couple more months it just got released
    This, Gearscore is currently still in the works and will be out before end of the year more than likely.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    And to date, I've not actually heard of anyone encountering one in the game.
    me neither, and yes to those who did not know....dps meters where here since alpha addons did not bring them into the game =P

Quote Originally Posted by Deggon View Post
    This, Gearscore is currently still in the works and will be out before end of the year more than likely.
    Gearscore is currently implemented into the game.

And we care about this why?

Gearscore made my life as a sometimes-PUG group player in WoW a ton easier, because suddenly I could identify a group that I disliked just by looking at their public announcement. Made my life a lot more pleasant.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

I like being able to see what my DPS is without having to run some janky-java-app in the background. No, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow Bro View Post
    Gearscore is currently implemented into the game.
    I know it is but for the young ones/elitist/whatever they are developing a tool like wow so they can flaunt their coolness to make up for their lackluster life.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    And we care about this why?

Gearscore made my life as a sometimes-PUG group player in WoW a ton easier, because suddenly I could identify a group that I disliked just by looking at their public announcement. Made my life a lot more pleasant.
    I don't care about gearscore, it has never affected me ever, who it does affect though are those that are not in stable reliable guilds and can not get into groups for dungeons/raids. I'm not saying don't make it we don't need it here I'm just letting the people that do worry about it and wonder that it is coming.

I don't care about gearscore, it has never affected me ever, who it does affect though are those that are not in stable reliable guilds and can not get into groups for dungeons/raids. I'm not saying don't make it we don't need it here I'm just letting the people that do worry about it and wonder that it is coming.
    I rarely did guild groups. I grouped with strangers a lot. Gearscore made it easier for me to have fun doing this, because I could rule out jerks before I even tried to join their groups.

Gearscore requirement => sucky group

It was like going to a party where everyone boring was wearing a name tag that said "WARNING: BORING".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast