+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Am I in the wrong game or does this game get more challenging?

Soulwalker

Default Difficulty Changing for fun and profit...

Two examples...
    Try leveling from 40 to 50 on a pvp server. That is quite difficult while you solo the PVE areas.
    Try going to a RP server and stay in character all the time while in a party.
    There is quite a bit more to the game besides power-leveling.

Ascendant

Levelling has always been easy. It is designed that way. I mean who seriously expects levelling to be a challenge. And as to the time it takes, well that really is up to you at the end of the day. And if you want to level fast then fine. if you want to level slow then thats fine if your enjoying it. In the end though you have to decide what it is you want to get out of the game. Level is not a status, it's just a means to an end. So at 50 you go do what you enjoy best. And that might mean simply levelling six characters. It's not a race ... never has been. Why would you swallow a cake whole when you can savour the thing by taking it slowly. There are no extra prizes for getting there first or making it to end game. Nearly everyone is endgame now, that's old. Your game, your decisions, your characters, your time online. So seriously it is for you to make it fun. And that has nothing to do with what level you are. It's not what you got it's what you do with it. Same for everyone.

PS MMO means grind... and that has always been the challenge. if you want the rewards you 'prepare' for the long haul. Those that make the mistake of treating it like a race will always jack very quickly. So understand first what it is that you want out of the game. And if it's the true MMO you want then get ready for the long ride... tedious, boring, dreary, time consuming and monotonous. Why do it... I have no idea. We must be mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrath View Post
    Are you sure you played?
    If you cared about playing EQ2 in any way, you wouldn't need to ask that question.

While you "may" have cleared all EQ2 raid content up to DoV, both you and I know you did not do it all while it was current content - as none of the small handful of people that killed DMP while it was current stayed in the game until SF. I also have strong doubts about you clearing BAoW while it was current - to this day that zone is the epitome of hardcore raiding (and not in a time consuming way) On top of all of that, the probability of you having killed D'Morte is abysmally low. Hell, I'd even put money on you not having killed Munzok until the level cap increase.

Now for Varsoon.

Name me one encounter in any of the ten expert dungeons that is more involved. There needs to be nothing more than that said, although Varsoon was not some amazing, impossible to kill encounter that changed the world when we all faced him, he was far more involved than anything at all in Rift, short of a few raid encounters.

If you can't see that, I'd have to ask you if ou play Rift at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Personally, I think the game would be WAY better if they disabled macros completely.

I feel your pain about how easy it is. It actually makes it less enjoyable. I played LOTRO as well and it's much harder. I pretty much did everything in LOTRO as Minstrel and Burglar. Let me tell you...Burglar, the Rift Assassin equivalent is WAY more complex to play then...a Rift Assassin.

The macro's in this game make baddies seem good lol. I remember a Bladedancer macro that had like 11 skills in it lmao. Could you imagine how many people out there would struggle if they couldn't macro those 11 skills together?

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5