+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Droid Rift Wallpapers (960x854)

Default Droid Rift Wallpapers (960x854)

There are no wallpapers at this time. (Sorry to those who's hearts lept when they saw the title! ) This is an exploratory thread to see if there is enough interest. Droid peeps may have noticed my iPhone 4 (960x640) wallpaper thread and are interested in seeing Droid wallpaper. Sooo... If joo has droid and would be interested, let me know here or by PM. If there is enough interest I'll move forward with re-do/conversion and support both. (I hear the graphic artist at Trion Worlds, Inc. may have taken official interest after seeing my iPhone thread, so there may be "official support" in the future and my 'services' may become unnecessary. )

If you are interested, it would also help if you posted your resolution here. There seems to be a bit of debate on the resolution as I guess the resolution isn't 100% standardized. I've seen reference to 960x854 and that the wallpaper spans 2 screens (shifting between 3 positions; left, right, and center), but also reference to 960x850. I figure it may be easier to hear from you peeps what yer new droid resolution is rather than tracking down multiple models to figure it out. Also, if your device has a 'fixed' area that UI elements block on the screen, if you could somehow get me a shot of that to and attach that to yer post that'd be great.

So, again, if you want to put a shout-out to see my iPhone 4 wallpapers redone for Droid, say so now.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

there were more discussion for droid than for iphone in your topic.. so in shot this is just spamm and attention seeking.... it was fitting well in same topic
    Need new Signature
    Old one is from 2010
    Cant be bothered to think of a new one!

Yeeeaaaa... because everyone out of the entire population who owns a droid looked at the other thread, as noted by the 350 views it's gotten out of how many total members on the boards? Seriously, what's with the poopie attitude.

(Re-reading the thread there were two people who specifically requested/made droid wallpapers.)
    Last edited by rabb1t; 08-25-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: counted previous iphone thread's droid interest
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast

I'm totally interested in a Droid wallpaper.

Also, I would have no reason to read the iPhone thread so I'm glad that this one was made.

Thanks for the interest Rabb1t!

np. I'd have actually probably gone with Droid X had Verizon not said 'give us $80 a month to sign up'. (I was already on AT&T and they hooked me up with an iPhone plan just by adding data to what I was already paying them. Total is just under $40 a month. Huge difference yearly.)

I has downloaded all the pics for doing droid shots tomorrow if interest continues. (Though with little else to do I may do this initial batch either way and see if interest follows after, heh. )

Doc

HTC EVO, and I dont know what it needs to be becuase of the UI how it works. I dont know if its a static pic, or one for each section

but sure interest for HTCEVO

I'd be interested in droid wallpapers. I have the regular Motorola droid and it works with the 960x854 resolution if you don't want any clipping/zooming. Thanks for adding this as I don't own an iphone and didn't really look into that one.
    Thaleia :: Ina :: Nihm

K. I went ahead and did some. The good news is there are now 27 wallpapers ready to go. Mostly they are in the 854 x 960 resolution, but a few are a 'single pannel' at 854 x 480. The bad news is that I can't post them until the morning. (My life is super sad right now and I have limited/restricted Internet access at times.)

I should be able to post them between 8:30 and 9 AM PST, so you can pick up yer pre-ordered droid wallpapers then. Sorry, no collector edition perks for joo.

PS - I'm jealous of how nice some of the multi-screen pannels turned out. It makes for nicer landscape ones.

PS PS - Note that some are 'exclusive' to one device or the other depending on the shot in question and the aspect ratio being used. (Like you droid peeps don't get the 'planes' series because the original for those is really low res and scaling it up as big as the droid would use would look like total poo. However, there are a few landscape shots you have that the iPhone doesn't because the iPhone is restricted to single pannel.)
    Last edited by rabb1t; 08-25-2010 at 07:46 PM.

Before this thread gets swept away to Off-Topic like all the signature threads, perhaps this is yet another reason why we need an art discussion forum

Death to the droid (waves iphone in the air!) Weeee!

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

I'd be interested in droid wallpapers please. I have an HTC Desire
    Played: EQ, DAOC, EQ2, Vanguard, CoH, WoW, Saga of Ryzom, Lord of the Rings, Tabula Rasa, Aion, AoC and Warhammer Online
    Current: None

I love my moto droid. Also with Froyo, wallpaper can span 4 screens! Also we can have that wallpaper be a flash background with 3rd party apps.

For all you IPhone users - open development, flash, quicktime, mkv containers and avi on my android + UNLIMITED data over the verizon network for what you guys pay for limited data plans = awesomeness.

"Waves his 1100mhz Motodroid in the air laughing at the iPhone."
    Njall Thojorkill
    *Anything worth doing, is worth dying for...*

Okees. Got them ready yesterday and I has a here now where I has Internets. Thus will begin the posting! Let the thread size asploding begin!

Characters

Last edited by rabb1t; 10-29-2010 at 09:18 AM.

Last edited by rabb1t; 10-29-2010 at 09:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast