+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issues with the Purifier Synergy Crystal

Default Issues with the Purifier Synergy Crystal

The 5% bonus to the Purifier shield of the ancestors doesn't apply when you have less than 36 points in the spec (as far as I know... I run a 34/32 sent/puri). The crystal doesn't state any such stipulations, and frankly, I think it's ridiculous. I run a hybrid tank healing build in order to have a battle rez, so I don't get that 36 point talent bonus. The synergy crystal should still give that additional 5% regardless of how many points you have in the tree. It says 5%. It should give 5%.

Please show your testing with amounts absorbed with and without the crystal

Spec: 34sent/32puri
    SP:1315
    Absorb with synergy crystal: 831
    Absorb without synergy crystal: 831

Edit: I got the darn thing because I wasn't far enough in Puri to get a shield bonus from spellpower... here I thought the crystal would do something with a hybrid spec.
    Last edited by Chanalia; 10-01-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Don't read the tooltip, they don't update. You need to let a mob hit you and look in your combat log to see how much it is absorbing for.

You'll see "somemob hits you with someskill for 0 damage (154 damage absorbed)".

Keep taking hits untill it stops saying damage absorbed, then add it all up.
    Last edited by KaiHeilos; 10-01-2011 at 11:20 PM.

I tested this again dueling someone and shielding them before hand. Here is the verdict:

1246 absorbed without the synergy crystal
    1308 absorbed with the synergy crystal

Is this 5% calculated based on the base amount absorbed? If so, that's a very VERY weak set bonus. I'm a little disappointed.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    I tested this again dueling someone and shielding them before hand. Here is the verdict:

1246 absorbed without the synergy crystal
    1308 absorbed with the synergy crystal

Is this 5% calculated based on the base amount absorbed? If so, that's a very VERY weak set bonus. I'm a little disappointed.
    Yeah the warden one sucks too, the only half decent healing crystal is sentinel.

+ Reply to Thread