+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Patch 1.5 -verdict

Shadowlander

Default Patch 1.5 -verdict

Although overall, the patch was good in terms of content, adding some value to maintaining an active subscription for those of us with multiple characters at max level, you have seriously destroyed any semblance of equity between classes.

I suggest you study your data carefully because what this patch has done to classes, i haven't seen since the debacle of mythic and their failed mmo Warhammer.

In one single move, you've alienated a good portion of your playerbase that was hoping class balance as heading in the right direction, you were warned by various people that small tweaks were the way to go , but instead you decided to do massive tweaks which in turn have turned class balance on its head.

You've made one class better at just about everything that any other classes in multiple souls, you've done exactly what mythic did which overall was their downfall with Warhammer.

I will be watching as will the group of people i play with, what you do within the next weeks to correct this, if you choose this is the course you want to continue with, we will have no choice but to leave this game with the same feeling we had with warhammer, so many possibilites, but you chose to use a sledgehammer approach to class balance.

I sincerely hope you realise your mistake and rectify it in good time to avoid a significant subscription loss, new mmos are about to be released and you should think very carefully what you want to do next.

Rift Disciple

I don't think Rift is supposed to have class balance. I mean, not in the way folks are used to anyway.

To may options of specs to have them all equalize. Besides, who wants to play a game where all the classes are the same?

Rifts classes excel in the roles of which they were designed, therefore the game is balanced.

Warriors hard to kill
    Rogues hard to catch
    Clerics healers that don't fall down when a warrior walks by. TOTAL PLUS!!!
    Mage ranged nukers, and again are not so squishy that a stiff breeze sends them to the graveyard.

Of course, if my toon dies in game it does not effect me in RL. So, some people may think differently.
    When people say you suck. Just remember, they just have a better macro than you do, NOT that they play better. Ask them to share.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cobramac View Post
    Although overall, the patch was good in terms of content, adding some value to maintaining an active subscription for those of us with multiple characters at max level, you have seriously destroyed any semblance of equity between classes.

I suggest you study your data carefully because what this patch has done to classes, i haven't seen since the debacle of mythic and their failed mmo Warhammer.

In one single move, you've alienated a good portion of your playerbase that was hoping class balance as heading in the right direction, you were warned by various people that small tweaks were the way to go , but instead you decided to do massive tweaks which in turn have turned class balance on its head.

You've made one class better at just about everything that any other classes in multiple souls, you've done exactly what mythic did which overall was their downfall with Warhammer.

I will be watching as will the group of people i play with, what you do within the next weeks to correct this, if you choose this is the course you want to continue with, we will have no choice but to leave this game with the same feeling we had with warhammer, so many possibilites, but you chose to use a sledgehammer approach to class balance.

I sincerely hope you realise your mistake and rectify it in good time to avoid a significant subscription loss, new mmos are about to be released and you should think very carefully what you want to do next.
    Translation: My friends and I used to be OP. Now the others are even with us, and some are OP now, and we don't like it. Trion, you must reverse the changes so we can be OP again, otherwise we'll leave.

So, here's a question: Are you all the same role and complaining about the same role/calling, or are you different roles and complaining about different roles/callings?

I guess you ran out of time and couldn't list the specifics of your group complaint?

Class balancing is just numbers in a spreadsheet, and I'm hoping that during this 1.5-1.6 period we'll see some major efforts towards balancing issues.

I felt you glossed over the content, there's an absolute ton of it, mainly the planar attunement and chronicles, Trion has definitely earned another 3 month sub from me.

looking at your post history, you've made a mage is dead post every patch. It's nice to see you're upping your (forum, not actual) game this time around.

(Gear)

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

I thought the patch was quite nice. Great job Trion.

I rather like the patch as well. My only problem is that there wasn't a tartagon to go with it....yet

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

Telaran

Rfit users have and can expect the usual Crap from patches or a Huge patch..Im sorry....but the game is still Totally unbalanced..

If folks want to pvp...then goto pvp server.. Dont have them on Pve servers..
    Im sick to death of folks doing pvp and getting super armour/weps and we folks on pve have to work a whole lot harder..Granted there is no Toughness on armour..but ..come on..

Adjust the easiness of the game getting to lvl 50.

Give the Lvl 50 players who , when they login ..can go do something without anyone else..

Yes its an MMO but some mmo' players..in fact quite a lot, will agree if they come on and not many
    people they know are online they would love a single game ot carry on with..

Solo dungeon...im guessing from what has been said in notes that ..yep solo dungeons..but for the
    Super folks who have great Fking gear.. thumbs up on that..THATS birilliant..If i owned the company i would have sacked the folks who thought that up..

GREAT..UNBALANCE .....EVERY CHARACTER YOU CAN...ITS A SURE WAY TO UN-BOOST YOUR SUBSCRIBERS...

other than that..good luck and have fun..

HUGE THUMB DOWN...!!

i await the childrens backlash now....stay calm everyone..they are after all kids
    Last edited by Bodmin; 09-29-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Shadowlander

"
    Solo dungeon...im guessing from what has been said in notes that ..yep solo dungeons..but for the
    Super folks who have great Fking gear.. thumbs up on that..THATS birilliant..If i owned the company i would have sacked the folks who thought that up.."

Yeah i thought that, have to have t1+ armor or R5+ armor, in which case the rewards will only give you inferior stuff anyway.

Kinda like ye old D&D adventures where you get the sword of dragon slaying AFTER you killed the dragon...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bodmin View Post
    Rfit users have and can expect the usual Crap from patches or a Huge patch..Im sorry....but the game is still Totally unbalanced..

i await the childrens backlash now....stay calm everyone..they are after all kids

Dear Pot,

Kettle called, said to tell you you're black

I for one love patch 1.5, if i understand the OP he is refering to rogues being the op class at the moment. the only thing i can see is i think the diminishing returns need to be looked at with them. I am a rank 8 fully geared warrior and for the most part they are no match for me but i have noticed that since 1.4 - 1.5 there is a noticable differance in the diminishing returns. for example most sin rogues have opened with a stun then try to dps as much as they can before it wears off thus freeing me up to dps them down before they wear me down. since 1.5 they do the same thing but the differance is right after the stun wears off a few seconds later i am restunned for the same amount of time.

also they dont stack meaning if one rogue stuns me his partner re-stuns me for the same time and they trade off burning me down. dont get me wrong i dont think theres an issue with thier dps all classes should have good dps lest you are a healer. but i personally think theres a bug with the diminishing returns that Trion needs to look at.

With that being said i think 1.5 is really awsume and im happy with it, im a 1 year founder subscriber and as long as Trion keeps making great patches ill keep that sub going year after year
    Amber
    Im a little dark rain cloud hovering here over the honey tree, for every one knows a rain cloud wont eat honey not a drip.

Soulwalker

Totally agree with Amber. I had my doubts when i saw this planar attunement stuff, but it seems like a nice trick to customise your character, and doesnt give any real boosts in PVP. I was originally concerned that it would force players to have points spent a certain way but it doesnt seem like it will.. so great idea!!

Balance? Hm You cant really have any certain class 'balanaced' its an MMO the whole point is today rogue beats warrior.. tomorrow warrior will beat rogue, But warrior+cleric /> Rogue. Meh. One class will always be better then another. Stop ya whining.. and either enjoy what you got or roll what you want!

Good job Trion. Love the new patch some added content and the new master dungeon system is something i am looking forward to trying

OP explain the issue. You dont seem to explain the class balance issues you speak of

They made the MM rogue too much powerful if you ask me. i have that spec but i don't OP spec which lead to heavy nuffs. The ranger buff was not all that its still luck behide the rest of the pet class.

Plane Touched

I am impressed with this patch and am pleasantly looking forward to ptw, ei, and 1.6

Great job Trion!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast