+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Patch 1.5 -verdict

Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post
    EVE has one (1) server - unless they're running some sort of massive supercomputer I can't conceive how 63,000 concurrent MMO users could be active on a single server.
    they do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7_l6komcOc

CO/STO is one server as well, but it has several instances per zone. GW does it to a lesser extend too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    they do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7_l6komcOc

CO/STO is one server as well, but it has several instances per zone. GW does it to a lesser extend too.
    First, let me state that I am a BIG Microsoft advocate, going back to my MCSE days on NT3.1

That said, the video you linked was nothing more than an advertisement for Windows HPC 2008. They didn't detail anything about their infrastructure.

Without verifiable, "3rd party" audited numbers I am very skeptical about any MMO subscribership numbers, especially when the claims push teh boundaries of technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    nah, just the expectation that everything will be "better" when both bioware and blizzard are in it for the money is kinda funny.
    Trion is running a non-profit mmo then? That's news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobramac View Post
    Although overall, the patch was good in terms of content, adding some value to maintaining an active subscription for those of us with multiple characters at max level, you have seriously destroyed any semblance of equity between classes.

I suggest you study your data carefully because what this patch has done to classes, i haven't seen since the debacle of mythic and their failed mmo Warhammer.

In one single move, you've alienated a good portion of your playerbase that was hoping class balance as heading in the right direction, you were warned by various people that small tweaks were the way to go , but instead you decided to do massive tweaks which in turn have turned class balance on its head.

You've made one class better at just about everything that any other classes in multiple souls, you've done exactly what mythic did which overall was their downfall with Warhammer.

I will be watching as will the group of people i play with, what you do within the next weeks to correct this, if you choose this is the course you want to continue with, we will have no choice but to leave this game with the same feeling we had with warhammer, so many possibilites, but you chose to use a sledgehammer approach to class balance.

I sincerely hope you realise your mistake and rectify it in good time to avoid a significant subscription loss, new mmos are about to be released and you should think very carefully what you want to do next.

You made a lot of statments but I dont see mathmatical evidence. Nor do you have much detail on what or who is the dominating class. Im guessing the rangers? I dont know because I dont play one. The overview of the patch notes made the game even better in my opnion. Simply, what or who are you saying is unbalancing the game?

Soulwalker

Generally I think the patch is good - what ive seem of it.

This is going to be a bit of a random comment but the guardian armour you get as a vet reward - why isn't it different for male/female toons? The female guard armour looks great but when you put on the reward armour you look like a tin slug along with all the other male guards ;)

Quote Originally Posted by austlander View Post
    This is so true, I can't for the life of me figure out who these Chronicles are for. For the type of player I am the new patch did not bring anything new to the table. I'm hoping the next patch puts some emphasis on the Rifts/Group events with better rewards and that'll bring me back.
    Which is funny, because all the people I know are super enthused.

Fresh 50s can duo them with a friend. RPers and people who have been following the story get to explore the story and find out what happens without having to be in a raid group to do it.

Oh, and people who are sick of their other dailies can run the Chronicles occasionally for XP and money. Now that 50s can use XP too...
    Last edited by the_real_seebs; 09-30-2011 at 11:14 PM.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    The problem is Trion is doing what the QQ ppl want. They have made the same MAJOR error Blizzard made. Do not see this MMO lasting 2 more years (since it is no longer a true MMO)
    Your post makes no sense. First you say Blizzard made a major error...and then you say you don't see Rift lasting for more than 2 years. WOW is still one of the most successful MMORPG on the market. So i guess the MAJOR error didn't affect them much so why would it affect Rift? only because you don't think that RIFT is not a true MMO anymore doesn't mean it is true. Ha...armchair MMO experts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viln View Post

PvP is a test of manhood and most of you will fail.

Telaran

The most hilarious post I saw about MMOs claimed no game in history had EVER been a "real" MMO.

Nice update. I like my Vet rewards I love planar attunement (basically making long used 50's better than fresh ones is a good idea imo), I do feel like 1 master mode and 2 twomans is kinda not enough tho.

4 Masters and 4 2-mans would be enough imo.

Oh... and waiting for the event
    Grim Yollidan the Insomniac, Blightweald EU
    WARNING! Treating my posts too seriously is not advised. Reading may cause headaches, anger, disbelief and nausea. If you find yourself in any of these conditions, please consult your psychotherapist... or your mom. Also cry a river and use a steamboat to cross it. You have been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Yolen View Post
    Nice update. I like my Vet rewards I love planar attunement (basically making long used 50's better than fresh ones is a good idea imo)
    Hmm, yeah, I wonder when the update will be so fresh 50's can buy PA.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    Hmm, yeah, I wonder when the update will be so fresh 50's can buy PA.
    Charlie's mom.
    WARNING! Treating my posts too seriously is not advised. Reading may cause headaches, anger, disbelief and nausea. If you find yourself in any of these conditions, please consult your psychotherapist... or your mom. Also cry a river and use a steamboat to cross it. You have been warned!

Champion

I don't like the continual major reworking of the classes for PVP.

Ascendant

Terrible

If all you do is pve its probably not bad but if you pvp it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Terrible

If all you do is pve its probably not bad but if you pvp it sucks.
    Some pvpers seem to have problems with this patch (warriors) but it seems most are happy so they won't be leaving or anything. Besides, where are PvPers going to go right now, lol? Back to Warhammer? Doubt that.

You might want to try an alt if you're playing warrior. Start up a rogue.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 10-01-2011 at 06:23 AM.

Yeah... Warhammer. I liked Warhammer before it was junk... reverse hipster?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast