+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Patch 1.5 -verdict

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I still wait for the TF2 mmo. maybe they can dish out shoulders instead of hats this time..
    Planet Side 2
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow Bro View Post
    Planet Side 2
    yuck, SOE.

but I still think the f2p concept could be applied to MMOs as well, at least for pvp. the appeal would be much higher.

yuck, SOE.

but I still think the f2p concept could be applied to MMOs as well, at least for pvp. the appeal would be much higher.
    Ya I know SOE, but go check out the footage

Ya I know SOE, but go check out the footage
    there is not enough water for all the showers I'd have to take after playing it. :P

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cobramac View Post
    Although overall, the patch was good in terms of content, adding some value to maintaining an active subscription for those of us with multiple characters at max level, you have seriously destroyed any semblance of equity between classes.

I suggest you study your data carefully because what this patch has done to classes, i haven't seen since the debacle of mythic and their failed mmo Warhammer.

In one single move, you've alienated a good portion of your playerbase that was hoping class balance as heading in the right direction, you were warned by various people that small tweaks were the way to go , but instead you decided to do massive tweaks which in turn have turned class balance on its head.

You've made one class better at just about everything that any other classes in multiple souls, you've done exactly what mythic did which overall was their downfall with Warhammer.

I will be watching as will the group of people i play with, what you do within the next weeks to correct this, if you choose this is the course you want to continue with, we will have no choice but to leave this game with the same feeling we had with warhammer, so many possibilites, but you chose to use a sledgehammer approach to class balance.

I sincerely hope you realise your mistake and rectify it in good time to avoid a significant subscription loss, new mmos are about to be released and you should think very carefully what you want to do next.
    You are terrible. I'm sorry but if this thinly veiled whine/threat about rogues is even to be taken seriously you need to provide at leastr some sort of evidence. Which you failed to do. They won't be fixing this mistake because there was no mistake to fix. I think personally they nerfed warriors a bit to hard in some ways, but that has nothing to do with rogues finally being able to do things. Tanking still needs work, but that is being handled this patch. Trion has settled into WoW style class balancing, where each patch it seems one class gets looked at. Thats probably a good thing as it keeps you from having to many changes.

If you are getting killed by rogues as a warrior its because you aren't good enough frankly. Warrior still are at the top of he dps charts. Warrior's still need work not because of that but because across the board alot of their souls aren't viable, which is a problem rogues had till 1.5. We had sabdancer and that was mostly it. The game is finally starting to get in the right direction for pvp balancing, and I think if trion sticks with looking hard at one class each patch for the next 3 patches then they will be in a much better position because they will only need to fix edge cases. Though I do agree tanking needs to be looked at asap.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

I did not renew sub after this horrid patch. It is no longer a true MMO since you can solo dungeons.

At least SW:TOR is coming out Dec 20th and will have a good option.
    Last edited by Romiz; 09-30-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    I did not renew sub after this horrid patch. It is no longer a true MMO since you can solo dungeons.

At least SW:TOR is coming out Dec 20th and will have a good option.
    Until the forums get flooded crying for single payer aspects

Until the forums get flooded crying for single payer aspects
    The problem is Trion is doing what the QQ ppl want. They have made the same MAJOR error Blizzard made. Do not see this MMO lasting 2 more years (since it is no longer a true MMO)
    Last edited by Romiz; 09-30-2011 at 02:29 PM.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Ascendant

The problem is Trion is doing what the QQ ppl want. They have made the same MAJOR error Blizzard made. Do not see this MMO lasting 2 more years (since it is no longer a true MMO)
    Silliest post I have ever seen on these forums (congrats on that btw). 1 instance where you can solo doesn't make this a non MMO. Stop trolling.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 09-30-2011 at 02:57 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

wow still brings activision buckets of money. guess what EA wants. now guess what kotor-coop will look like.

wow still brings activision buckets of money. guess what EA wants. now guess what kotor-coop will look like.
    Looks like you're advocating for RIFT to be like those?

Or because they do it, it's okay for RIFT to follow?
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 09-30-2011 at 05:01 PM.

More like activision brings in buckets of money for blizzard because arcade style lobby games like WoW sell to The masses
    Last edited by Skidrow Bro; 09-30-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    Looks like you're advocating for RIFT to be like those?

Or because they do it, it's okay for RIFT to follow?
    nah, just the expectation that everything will be "better" when both bioware and blizzard are in it for the money is kinda funny.

More like activision brings in buckets of money for blizzard because arcade style lobby games like WoW sell to The masses
    hu? who brings buckets to whom now?
    Last edited by Gray; 09-30-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbmoreland View Post
    I did. According to published numbers in January 2011, there were 357,000 PAID Eve Online accounts and 63,000 of those accounts were logged in at the same time. And that is after almost 8 years of existance.
    Now that may sound like a niche game to you, but that sounds like a very successful PVP centric MMO to me.
    Published by who? CCP? What are the chances that those numbers are part of an independent financial report that has been audited? (hint: ZERO).

EVE has one (1) server - unless they're running some sort of massive supercomputer I can't conceive how 63,000 concurrent MMO users could be active on a single server.

Quote Originally Posted by Otwist View Post
    "
    Solo dungeon...im guessing from what has been said in notes that ..yep solo dungeons..but for the
    Super folks who have great Fking gear.. thumbs up on that..THATS birilliant..If i owned the company i would have sacked the folks who thought that up.."

Yeah i thought that, have to have t1+ armor or R5+ armor, in which case the rewards will only give you inferior stuff anyway.

Kinda like ye old D&D adventures where you get the sword of dragon slaying AFTER you killed the dragon...
    This is so true, I can't for the life of me figure out who these Chronicles are for. For the type of player I am the new patch did not bring anything new to the table. I'm hoping the next patch puts some emphasis on the Rifts/Group events with better rewards and that'll bring me back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast