+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Patch 1.5 -verdict

Default Rogues are not op

Rogues were simply elevated to a much better level in order to compete with other classes. It was fair and justified. It also made several players who were faithful to the rogue class happy to keep playing the game. I play a warrior as my main even after 1.5. I still love the class and don't feel it's nerfed. I also have a rogue and enjoy it a lot better now. Trion did a great job with this update and they should now stop tweaking the classes and leave them be.

Trion If your reading the feedback please don't let people tell you how nerfed they are. Warriors like myself agree with the rogue enhancements and applaud you through thick and thin. Just don't tweak anything else its perfect .

Quote Originally Posted by Louiscipher View Post
    Trion did a great job with this update and they should now stop tweaking the classes and leave them be.

Trion If your reading the feedback please don't let people tell you how nerfed they are. Warriors like myself agree with the rogue enhancements and applaud you through thick and thin. Just don't tweak anything else its perfect .
    Lol, they are already reloading the nerf bomb while deciding what class to e-peen pump next patch, L2MMO.
    worst healer ever Nametaken
    RIP SVentures all hail BROTOPIAN EMPIRE

Trolling; turning people gay since 28/09/11

Rogues were simply elevated to a much better level in order to compete with other classes. It was fair and justified. It also made several players who were faithful to the rogue class happy to keep playing the game. I play a warrior as my main even after 1.5. I still love the class and don't feel it's nerfed. I also have a rogue and enjoy it a lot better now. Trion did a great job with this update and they should now stop tweaking the classes and leave them be.

Yo do know only one pet is useful in pve right. whiles MM had a nice buff ranger had just a little to the shadow fire and that was about it. MM have a complete revamp of most if spell and how it works. I play Ranger rouge as my main and MM in pvp so i can't tell the difference.

Plane Touched

So basically what you've said here is "the two classes I play are ****** the other two. I love god mode, please don't take it away."

Quote Originally Posted by Cobramac View Post
    Although overall, the patch was good in terms of content, adding some value to maintaining an active subscription for those of us with multiple characters at max level, you have seriously destroyed any semblance of equity between classes.
    Actually, it seems they have added equity between classes, I am no longer topping the charts in wf's at R6. It could just be the random draw of decent players in the matches, so it's really too early to tell.

I suggest you study your data carefully because what this patch has done to classes, i haven't seen since the debacle of mythic and their failed mmo Warhammer.
    They seem to to a good job of doing a hotfix when necessary, and I am sure they are watching data closely since they just released a patch not even 24 hours ago.

Good statistical analysis requires large data sets so it may be a bit before they notice a significant difference. Like I said before, it's really too early to tell.

In one single move, you've alienated a good portion of your playerbase that was hoping class balance as heading in the right direction, you were warned by various people that small tweaks were the way to go , but instead you decided to do massive tweaks which in turn have turned class balance on its head.
    That "good portion" you speak for may have personal issues if they can't wait a few days to see how things play out, and it might be better for them to go work on that instead of worrying about a video game.

No company has ever released a flawless major patch that fixed all the issues in their game for ANY mmorpg. Anyone who knows enough about game mechanics to be able to complain about them should know this by now and expect it.

You've made one class better at just about everything that any other classes in multiple souls, you've done exactly what mythic did which overall was their downfall with Warhammer.
    WAR had classes with multiple souls? I don't seem to remember that...

The downfall of Warhammer started on day one. On their most popular fansite, I forget the name, the biggest post on the forums was about an issue they never addressed, it was there for months, and quite a few people quit due to it. People even came back months after they quit and post on the same post asking if the issue was fixed because they wanted to come back, but it was never addressed by Mythic unfortunately.

Besides that, comparing a pvp mmorpg to a pve mmorpg is like comparing apples and oranges.

I will be watching as will the group of people i play with, what you do within the next weeks to correct this, if you choose this is the course you want to continue with, we will have no choice but to leave this game with the same feeling we had with warhammer, so many possibilites, but you chose to use a sledgehammer approach to class balance.
    Hopefully they do fix any real issues, I don't see them ignoring anything that would have a significant effect on intended game play.

I sincerely hope you realise your mistake and rectify it in good time to avoid a significant subscription loss, new mmos are about to be released and you should think very carefully what you want to do next.
    You mean realize?

You should learn to spell, or at least spell check, if you want anyone to think your threats have merit.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Odnoc View Post

You mean realize?

You should learn to spell, or at least spell check, if you want anyone to think your threats have merit.
    Not everyone lives in America

Quote Originally Posted by Odnoc View Post
    You mean realize?

Nope, I think you mean realise. That's how us down under folk spell it.

The world isn't really flat you know.
    Last edited by Charlice; 09-29-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Amberarrow View Post
    I for one love patch 1.5, if i understand the OP he is refering to rogues being the op class at the moment. the only thing i can see is i think the diminishing returns need to be looked at with them. I am a rank 8 fully geared warrior and for the most part they are no match for me but i have noticed that since 1.4 - 1.5 there is a noticable differance in the diminishing returns. for example most sin rogues have opened with a stun then try to dps as much as they can before it wears off thus freeing me up to dps them down before they wear me down. since 1.5 they do the same thing but the differance is right after the stun wears off a few seconds later i am restunned for the same amount of time.

also they dont stack meaning if one rogue stuns me his partner re-stuns me for the same time and they trade off burning me down. dont get me wrong i dont think theres an issue with thier dps all classes should have good dps lest you are a healer. but i personally think theres a bug with the diminishing returns that Trion needs to look at.

With that being said i think 1.5 is really awsume and im happy with it, im a 1 year founder subscriber and as long as Trion keeps making great patches ill keep that sub going year after year
    Amber
    +1 all the way. another thing that should b looked at is the new vampiric type buff MM is gettin. with the fan out spam i believe all targets r gettin the debuff and that equates to a long a prosperous life ;).

as to just 1.5 rogue changesl, ty for finally makin my rogue, which has better gear then all warr's in my guild, finally able to keep up if not pass them on the meters. this is how the game should b (aside from player skill ofc :P)

P.S. oh and pvp...most any r8 player will tell u post 1.5 that its a nice balance, if not rly close to it. so get yo grind on! or make pvp instances separated by ranks (which wont ever happen...)

Class "balancing" only really matters to PvPers..

PvPers never have been, are not and never will be satisfied with "balance" in an MMO format game

Vast majority of PvPers are highly transitory players when it comes to MMOs - only a small, dedicated "hardcore" subset stay loyal to a particular MMO.

PvP centric MMOs have all been colossal failures

What does all this add up to?

Why do game companies continue to waste resources on a demographic is largely mythical and has such high expectations they cannot be met without destroying the bread and butter of your paying subscribers (PvE)?

Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post
    You're stating this as a fact, but where is the evidence for it? I can think of various PvE-focused MMORPGs that all "failed" just as spectacularly, and either closed down quickly or barely survive as "free to play" hulls of what they were originally intended to be. To me, it seems that most MMOs, regardless of their focus, have been short-lived and unable to "compete" with the few successful games of this genre.

Why do game companies continue to waste resources on a demographic is largely mythical and has such high expectations they cannot be met without destroying the bread and butter of your paying subscribers (PvE)?
    This is another dubious statement that seems to assume that a large majority of subscribers are either PvEers or PvPers and presents a purely personal opinion as a fact. In my observation, by far most players in MMOs engage in both aspects, to varying degrees. I've met few "pure PvEers" and even fewer "pure PvPers". This is in part because most game developers do not want players to focus on just one aspect, and Rift is certainly not an expectation. (And as far as opinions go, I think far more money is lost by focusing overly much on "raiders", which bring in little money but take up a lot of dev resources.)

And if PvP-interested players leave Rift or are dissatisfied with it, then that may not be their "nature", but could quite possibly be the result of Rift's developers having completely failed to learn the lessons of other MMOs. Much of the growing pain could have been avoided, and perhaps they wouldn't have to celebrate their "half year" anniversary now and sell the CE for 6.95 on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Otwist View Post
    "
    Solo dungeon...im guessing from what has been said in notes that ..yep solo dungeons..but for the
    Super folks who have great Fking gear.. thumbs up on that..THATS birilliant..If i owned the company i would have sacked the folks who thought that up.."

Yeah i thought that, have to have t1+ armor or R5+ armor, in which case the rewards will only give you inferior stuff anyway.

Kinda like ye old D&D adventures where you get the sword of dragon slaying AFTER you killed the dragon...
    Nope solo dungeons for the new level 50's.... you can solo them in 20 minutes in not great gear not even T1 stupidly easy and yes I'd sack them too but for a totally different reason to you

Rift Master

I'm not sure making threats is the way to get Trion to see clearly, but there's no doubt that sledgehammer balancing is a really bad idea. As often as Rift is patched, hotfixed, weekly maintained, there's no good reason why they can't make incremental balance changes until things feel better. Drastic swings in random directions are not the way to go.

Sometimes I felt like Bliz was doing this too.

Maybe they do it on purpose. The mutilate and mangle classes in a rotation so players have a "new class" of sorts to figure out.
    Last edited by Voqar; 09-30-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Give it a grade of F-.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post
    Class "balancing" only really matters to PvPers..

PvPers never have been, are not and never will be satisfied with "balance" in an MMO format game

Vast majority of PvPers are highly transitory players when it comes to MMOs - only a small, dedicated "hardcore" subset stay loyal to a particular MMO.

What does all this add up to?

For once we agree ;) I dabble in PvP myself but I thoroughly expect it to be imbalanced, for all eternity. And the idea of balancing based on pvP, in a PvE game, is disheartening.

But, and it's a big but, in my opinion the simple fact remains that if your class is still capable of fulfilling its role in PvE even after balance tweaks, then there's little to worry about. If you're being facerolled by a new class balance in PvP in a clearly PvE-oriented game, then this will not change. Ever.

Play your class that you enjoy. If you find you keep dropping your weapon in a dungeon because your class has been so terribly damaged by tweaks, then we have a real problem.
    Last edited by Flynch; 09-30-2011 at 02:19 AM.

So 1.5... Verdict? Awesome! So super great, re-subbed for the next 20 years!

Chronic(als) *irony time again* - Look all pretty, and nice and... a waste of the Devs time making them & our time doing them, for what? An ugly mount? No ty. The story part is the only thing thats abit interesting, but do them once & your finished, no point repeating.

New AA or RP system - Good idea, but the rewards (again) are crap... "But, you have to fill them all out to get GREAT bonus!!!" ..yeah plus 10 to 2 or 3 stats & the chance to run, fall & mount faster = not worth the effort!
    The "Wow! Thats a great ability, I'll grind my a** off for that!" just didn't appear, only the fools will grind it so their epeen shows "Look at me! I got every box filled, and in record time! I can run faster than you, and you suck!"

Class Balances - Haha! The fun part! Here is where Trion gets reminded for the 500th time about their "We'll never nerf!" speech in Beta (That was awesome by the way, had Rifts classes stayed like Beta, this crap wouldn't have happened), and so now the epeen squad, the 1s in leather (you must have seen or heard them, they scream 24/7 that someone is stealing the very same leather... Seeing things if you ask me, they all abit wired to the moon imo), are jumping about like idiots while throwing s*** about like its a monkeys tea party, but they forget that "What goes around, comes around!" and the laugher will be heard all the way to City hall & back (If you have one ofc!), the nerf bat will swing... a great cry will be heard... and God will say "WTF was that?" *Then he'll just sit back & smile*
    The point being that, had rogues kept their mouths closed, Trion would have gotten the blame, after all, isn't it them thats been "chipping" away at Warriors from day one? Isn't it them thats been nerfing & secretly nerfing? ...taunts, CDs, DPS, Timers, Abilities... If you chip away at the block, you would have hoped to see a thing of beauty? Like the "Venus de Milo" or "Athena"? But what did we get?
    Attachment 6411

So no, I don't think 1.5 was very great. Would have been better if we had no small and useless stuff, & get one big awesome event with "good" rewards?
    All this turning out events just to keep subs is making subs worse because you (Trion) are hurting the players/classes and driving them away if anything.

Just my 2 cen... 7 subs! Flame on children, flame on!
    Last edited by Spor; 09-30-2011 at 03:09 AM.
    No trials... No tricks... No traps... No EU-RP server? NO THANKS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast