+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Note to Devs

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    you really should have waited to put 1.5 out till after October 3rd. Why you miscalculated so badly is beyond me... nothing quite as idiotic as pushing a patch that will almost 100% of the time have a controversial buff or nerf that will serve as the catalyst for getting people to want to leave. Should have waited till the 5th of October when people who hadn't paid attention's new 6month subs had been billed...
    So you're saying that:

a) Trion should have been dishonest and hide their shortcomings útil too late for it's customers

or

b) You're a troll

a) would mean you're someone I'd never do business with and b) would meant I don't wart to feed you any more than I already have.

In any case... bye

Nah, this patch rocks. I'm having a great time.

You can be as overwhelmed or underwhelmed as you want.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Doesn't matter what Trion does, there will always be a part of the population that just will never be happy. Luckily, while they are usually the loudest, in no ways are they the largest segment.

I think the vet rewards were pretty cool, as was the rest of the patch. But, I don't feel Trion has to pay me to subscribe to something I enjoy. Giving us something free as a thank you is a nice gesture. They didn't have to do anything.
    Characters: Guardian-- Peregrinus and Aguila : Defiant-- Sparverius and Gunther

Greybriar PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    You mistake my comments for QQ.. i haven't even logged in more than a few min today... I am in no way commenting on whether or not 1.5 is an improvement or a step back but the veteran rewards is another story and they failed to impress and flat out lied to us with those so there are probably more people not resubbing for 6 months now than there would have been..
    So 1.5 to you was all about the vet reward appearance items? Can I lol now?

You can dress up in The Sims btw... just saying.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Soulwalker

Why do people whine at buffs/nerfs?! It's a freaking game! Go play Pac Man if you want a game that never changes.

Telaran

Maybe just maybe, the Crew at Trion dosent have the same Doom And Gloom perspective that some of you have? Maybe they actually KNOWs how many paying subscribers they have, and kind of can estimate how many will get out of here after this patch?

Bring on the doom and gloomers, after all what is a forum without them?

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    isnt it a good thing when all the whiners finally leave?
    Were sorry to loose you, enjoy yourself though!
    No trials... No tricks... No traps... No EU-RP server? NO THANKS!

Soulwalker

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. This patch hasn't changed my playstyle. The ONLY difference I see is the removal of Motes.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlidor View Post
    Maybe just maybe, the Crew at Trion dosent have the same Doom And Gloom perspective that some of you have? Maybe they actually KNOWs how many paying subscribers they have, and kind of can estimate how many will get out of here after this patch?

Bring on the doom and gloomers, after all what is a forum without them?
    It might be just the crowd i usually game with.. But a large percentage are not happy with 1.5 (actually it was going downhill in the last month too, with server transfers destroying communities and it being harder and harder to recruit because of it)

The problem is a large portion of the people I play with decided to make their decision after 1.5 had rolled out.. Yeah they can see the subscriber numbers thats true.. But unless they have an accurate crystal ball they probably didn't anticipate the community to react to this extent (and no business could really).

If they had waited till after oct 3rd to put out 1.5 people would call it bait and switch... Can't please everyone.. but the constant flip flopping of balance is alienating one side at a time making everyone unhappy
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

What are people unhappy with about this patch? Improved balance? Riftstalkers viable tanks? Solo/duo content that many players were asking for? Oh, wait. All of those are things a ton of people are happy about.

I'm seeing people who have been out for weeks or months coming back and having fun.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

I already cancelled months ago. The release of this patch has no effect on that decision. I'm going to go out on a limb here and presume that the timing of this patch really has no effect on most people's decision whether to resub or not.

People did 6month subs with GW2 etc on the horizon? really? lold. Tick tock.
    worst healer ever © Nametaken
    RIP SVentures all hail BROTOPIAN EMPIRE

Trolling; turning people gay since 28/09/11

Quote Originally Posted by mmmEcchi View Post
    GW2: Combat is more twitch-based. Not interested.
    SW:ToR: Star Wars franchise. Not interested.
    Diablo III: ActiBlizzard. Not interested.

What exactly am I supposed to be so anxious to get that I wouldn't take a 30% discount on a game I'm having fun playing in the mean time?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mmmEcchi View Post
    gw2 will come out in 6months+ (and will be playable in about 12months+)

LOLD
    Last edited by Antigonos; 09-29-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Palvy View Post
    I already cancelled months ago. The release of this patch has no effect on that decision. I'm going to go out on a limb here and presume that the timing of this patch really has no effect on most people's decision whether to resub or not.
    Yup, and 99% of people that post stuff like 'these changes will make me quit'

a) were going to quit anyway
    b) are trying to bully Trion into doing what they want by threatening to leave, even though they ultimately wont

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast