+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Disappointed w/Female Veteran Armor

Quote Originally Posted by Zaewen View Post
    There are over 30 leg armor options that are some form of non-pants, ranging from thongs to bikinis'n'chaps. Meanwhile there's barely a dozen female armor sets across all classes that are indeed full coverage like the male characters get over 90% of the time. The rest all have exposed cleavage or bared midrift that would be fatal in battle. For many people who are not fond of the skimpy armor sets or feel that the game is saturated enough with them at the moment, having the female guard costumes be something that more closely resembles actual armor rather than a bathing suit is a very nice breath of fresh air (and also a sign that the devs are paying attention to both sides of this bikini armor argument).

However, the way to please everyone in this scenario is to stop putting long awaited costume pieces or new armor models into one camp or the other. They need to start working on a system that lets you toggle armor appearances between the skimpy versions and the fully armored versions. That will allow both bikini connoisseurs and battle-ready Ascended have the full range of armor and costume sets to choose from, not just having to pick and choose from a small selection to get something that just barely meets their taste.
    I totally agree there should be a choice. People have different tastes. As far as your argument about bare skin being a possible exploited weakness, you have to also remember this is a fantasy world and my mage will be standing as far away from the physical action as possible. She doesn't need full protection, but more choices would be welcomed by everyone.

Rift Chaser

As I said somewhere else, this is not even an issue about skimpy vs. non-skimpy.

It's a matter of false advertisement.

We were quite clearly led to believe that "Sanctum Guard armour" is the SAME gear that the Sanctum guard is actually wearing. Not some new design vaguely based on its style. Had they told me that I'd get yet another gear design that looks absolutely out of character for a healer I'd have shrugged it off with "So we get another lackluster gear design? That's fine, it's not like it would be the only one in the game!" and moved on.

But this didn't happen this way and I was really looking forward to getting the NPC Guard armour, only to get a "What the heck is THAT?" moment when trying it on. That's what made me extremely disappointed, nothing more, nothing less.

As a general remark: Choices are good. Trion's "One style we're going to force down everyone's throat" approach is bad. Easy as that.
    Cryptic is widely regarded as having the best character customization in the industry for the simple reason that their games allow everyone to look like they want to be, from "Covers barely enough to qualify as beachwear" to "Character invisible under multiple layers of plate armour" AND having dozens of different styles to chose from for EACH category. THAT's how it should be.

I don't like the dress looking like a table cloth...

But that's probs just me, we should be able to dye them, that would make my issue moot.
    My YouTube Gaming Channel: www.youtube.com/saintavalon
    Thanks for the fun time Trion and Belmont Guardians for the Extra Life Event!

Rift Chaser

Default Fail oh lousy fail....

Yeah I am definitely going to go change my subscription back from the 6 month I just changed it to to get the costume and just get it when i get it, but they really failed here. They could have had 60 bucks of my prepay time that they would have gotten regardless of whether or not I decided to leave for another game in the near future or not but now they will have to gamble on keeping their game good enough to keep me from stopping payment.

This could have all been avoided if they had said they were giving me something and not given me something else that I am not excited by. Oh well I guess i will change back to monthly and dump this junk in my bank when it arrives...

Yep just changed my sub back... poor guys at trion will only get 15 bucks from me on october 20th and have to continue to make me want to play their game when all it would have taken was a skimpy outfit for my girl toon to have prompted me to give them 60 bucks that they get regardless of whether I even log in or decide to play another game *cough* diablo *cough* when it comes out...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    I know i was thinking of getting a 6month sub so was my wife. Right up till we seen it was the male armor and we changed our minds. I actually came close to cancelling instead and still may.
    Yeah this was a fairly big let down i might just go spend my next MMO subscription dollar somewhere else..

Telaran

i love the costume. i assumed i would find it boring or gaudy, or that it would be too skimpy. but it turned out to be lovely! and it dyes almost entirely, so when i switched it to blues and purples, the lights really stood out.

there's nothing masculine about that armor, it's just subtle, and subtlety is one of the things that drew me to Rift over WoW. you should see my warrior in WoW; she looks like a creepy clown pinup girl. my Bahmi cleric, on the other hand, looks both beautiful and mighty.

but if y'all want some skimpy stuff, i don't mind. to each their own. just don't take my new armor away from me; i love it.
    Last edited by horsethief; 09-29-2011 at 12:11 PM.

The Defiant one really does look excellent on women, the Guardian one not so much. Either way, I think they should upload the female ones into the shop because there was such a high expectation for those. I think people kind of expected that it'd look like the female version on girls, and the male on men so it was kind of like an.."Oh..." moment lol

While I think whoever designed the female equivalent veteran armor did a great job, I'm disappointed that it was not what was promised. I was greatly looking forward to the amazing Valkyrie-looking Guardian set and was even considering upgrading my subscription to every 6 months, just so I could get the full set now.

I'm not asking Trion to change the armor to the female version that I, and many others, thought we would be getting, but I'd at least like the option to trade it in for the one that we did.

tl;dr: Was willing to pay for 6 months to finish the set now. Am I upset enough to cancel? Probably not.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Elaru View Post
    While I think whoever designed the female equivalent veteran armor did a great job, I'm disappointed that it was not what was promised. I was greatly looking forward to the amazing Valkyrie-looking Guardian set and was even considering upgrading my subscription to every 6 months, just so I could get the full set now.

I'm not asking Trion to change the armor to the female version that I, and many others, thought we would be getting, but I'd at least like the option to trade it in for the one that we did.

tl;dr: Was willing to pay for 6 months to finish the set now. Am I upset enough to cancel? Probably not.
    If 4.3 had been released for the other game id be over there checking out their new "wardrobe" system because I actually like how they make their gear look..

Quote Originally Posted by Kimyrielle View Post
    It's a matter of false advertisement.

We were quite clearly led to believe that "Sanctum Guard armour" is the SAME gear that the Sanctum guard is actually wearing. Not some new design vaguely based on its style. Had they told me that I'd get yet another gear design that looks absolutely out of character for a healer I'd have shrugged it off with "So we get another lackluster gear design? That's fine, it's not like it would be the only one in the game!" and moved on.

But this didn't happen this way and I was really looking forward to getting the NPC Guard armour, only to get a "What the heck is THAT?" moment when trying it on. That's what made me extremely disappointed, nothing more, nothing less.
    I agree with this, although, even if it had been made clear from the beginning I still would have been disappointed with the male guard armor suddenly becoming unisex. "Why do I look like one of the male guards rather than one of the female ones?" As it is, I kind of feel like my character raided the men's armory, it's just weird.

Soulwalker

This was the image at the top of my newsletter about the armor.

http://cdn.riftgame.com/rift/blast/2...etRewards1.jpg

The female Defiant armor does not look like that. I don't think it is false advertising, but IMO, Trion set expectations with the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladea View Post
    Both my Defiant and my Guardian look like the male guard NPCs, not the female ones.

I understand that there's been a lot of debate over scantily clad armors for females, but could you at least offer the proper female NPC models on the veteran vendor for those of us who wanted them?
    I think this is a good suggestion can I just add to it slightly; put both the armour sets on the vendor. Then we can buy the version we prefer (or mix and match male chest with female shoulders if we wanted to).

It also means we can buy more than one set - though it might just be me that would like the gloves in more than one wardrobe.
    (Bechka, Machine Born)
    Knowledge is power: Power corrupts; Study hard , be evil

Quote Originally Posted by psudosapien View Post
    This was the image at the top of my newsletter about the armor.

http://cdn.riftgame.com/rift/blast/2...etRewards1.jpg

The female Defiant armor does not look like that. I don't think it is false advertising, but IMO, Trion set expectations with the image.
    I am just glad i held off till it was ingame and did not buy a 5mo sub to finish my set.
    If i had i think at least the BBB would be interested in a false advertising claim.
    Clearly what was show on the vet rewards page is NOT what i received!

Wow...reading some of the posts in here. Wow. Like I said earlier in the thread. I was upset that my cleric toon wouldn't get the female armor and I really hope Trion adds it in later. But I was upset for like...10 minutes. I never got the..

OMG I'M GONNA QUIT

rage going on that some of the other posters are. I mean it's just some extra armor. I'm sure Trion has plenty of costume ideas up their sleeves that they can add later on down the road.

I to was disappointed to notice that the female Veteran armor look like the male guard NPCs and not the female guard NPCs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast