+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Disappointed w/Female Veteran Armor

I like the shimmering beads on the female Defiant guard armor. Fit the Eth heritage fairly well- despite the fact all the Eth are fair skinned... I am not. >.>

I am all for variety and choice and while I was also expecting the NPC guard armour on my defiant I prefer the redone male armour for my warrior, though I probably won't keep it on my mage

Best case IMO would be to have the other style (someone said it was the mage one?) in the vendor or something so people would have choice.

Yup, I was also super excited to get the female guard armor and I know there are lots of other people on my shard who wanted that too (we would talk about it before veteran rewards were even announced). Very disappointed it is the male armor.. And I was just about to subscribe for a year to get the whole thing =x

Quote Originally Posted by Ladea View Post
    Both my Defiant and my Guardian look like the male guard NPCs, not the female ones.

I understand that there's been a lot of debate over scantily clad armors for females, but could you at least offer the proper female NPC models on the veteran vendor for those of us who wanted them?
    i too was hoping for the more feminine armor not the male armor /sad face
    Im a little dark rain cloud hovering here over the honey tree, for every one knows a rain cloud wont eat honey not a drip.

The defiant armor looks great on women, I think it looks better on female characters than on male characters lol, but I was hoping we would have the option of the two, or have both available to us in the shop at least. Maybe in an update!

It appears most wanted the original NPC armor as did I... Though, I don't mind this too much I just wonder how this will end up effecting the re-subscriptions of the 6 and 12 month plans for those that wanted the guard armor? In my view, they still look nice even if it's not what people were thinking it would be. Regardless, it was a nice bonus so I may or may not use it myself once I get the rest of the items.
    Last edited by sabbey; 09-28-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    i was like "woot, female armor that actually looks like armor."

maybe im just an optimist.
    If anything, the armor is a cross between the female and male models. But maybe that's just what it looks like when a male model of armor is fitted to a female, lol.

I admit it's odd there's no choice in the matter, but GIVEN the choice... I'd still root for this path. There's enough "reinforced leather" undies on female toons. I'd enjoy a bit of heavy metal, thanks.

Ah yes. and finally my character is able to look like my profile pic! Woot - just gotta wait for Oct 3rd for the rest of the uniform.
    Last edited by Morvick; 09-28-2011 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Default Disappointed w/Female Veteran Armor

I am also disappointed with the female armor. I thought it would be put in consideration when Dev's discussed the whole 1.5 patch.

I want my female toons to look the defiants mage and clerics ...which I have both classes!
    I liked the guardian females armor over the males...please fix this problem I would be willing to pay for a female set!

Quote Originally Posted by sabbey View Post
    It appears most wanted the original NPC armor as did I... Though, I don't mind this too much I just wonder how this will end up effecting the re-subscriptions of the 6 and 12 month plans for those that wanted the guard armor? In my view, they still look nice even if it's not what people were thinking it would be. Regardless, it was a nice bonus so I may or may not use it myself once I get the rest of the items.
    I know i was thinking of getting a 6month sub so was my wife. Right up till we seen it was the male armor and we changed our minds. I actually came close to cancelling instead and still may.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    I know i was thinking of getting a 6month sub so was my wife. Right up till we seen it was the male armor and we changed our minds. I actually came close to cancelling instead and still may.
    LMAO.

So much angst over a FREEBIE bit of cosmetic gear.

LMAO.

You cant' be serious, you really can't.

Somehow I knew there would be a backlash about this after I saw the armor. Personally I think it looks very nice. I wasn't particularly looking forward to looking like a bimbo on all my character. The fact of the matter is that not everyone will ever be happy about the armor sets. First it is too skimpy and then it is too covering. Really, its just a game with different styles all over the place. I am glad to have real armor for once. If you want to look like, ahem, dressed as an individual of dubious intent, there are plenty of armor sets for that goal already. Yes, I avoided the obvious term as I don't want the alarm to go off.
    Last edited by Sorreah; 09-28-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    LMAO.

So much angst over a FREEBIE bit of cosmetic gear.

LMAO.

You cant' be serious, you really can't.
    yes i am serious. I take the appearance of my characters very seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorreah View Post
    Somehow I knew there would be a backlash about this after I saw the armor. Personally I think it looks very nice. I wasn't particularly looking forward to looking like a bimbo on all my character. The fact of the matter is that not everyone will ever be happy about the armor sets. First it is too skimpy and then it is too covering. Really, its just a game with different styles all over the place. I am glad to have real armor for once. If you want to look like, ahem, dressed as an individual of dubious intent, there are plenty of armor sets for that goal already. Yes, I avoided the obvious term as I don't want the alarm to go off.
    Yes they could had made everyone happy. They could had offered both version!

Also so your saying all the female guards in sanctum are *****?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    Yes they could had made everyone happy. They could had offered both version!

Also so your saying all the female guards in sanctum are *****?
    I'm saying the defiants are, as I am defiant. No, they can't make everyone happy. That never works in anything. There would be some other complaint here I am sure.
    Last edited by Sorreah; 09-29-2011 at 12:19 AM.
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

Quote Originally Posted by Sorreah View Post
    Somehow I knew there would be a backlash about this after I saw the armor. Personally I think it looks very nice. I wasn't particularly looking forward to looking like a bimbo on all my character.
    I was -- which is my perogative. Freebie armor that looks like crap is still crap, even if it is 'free'. Hell, it was one of the things I was looking forward to in 1.5. Imagine my disappointment. :P

'Here, we'll give you the armor the guards have (with screenshots of said armor)', and then it turns out it's something completely different. It's obvious that they redid the armor because it needed polishing, but they polished it into a completely different shape. They should just have improved the resolution on the skins (which wasn't that good, granted) and left it at that. They went overboard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast