+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chronicles of Attunement horribly bugged.

Default Chronicles of Attunement horribly bugged.

I am a Defiant, and I cannot progress past the "Regroup with Asha" phase. She will say her scripted thing about the city being under siege, and then every exit is gated and nothing happens, and I am left with leaving the Chronicle and re-entering over and over again to see if it will work.

A guild member cannot assist The Faceless Man as the mobs are non-responsive and do not take damage whatsoever.

I'm happy overall with the content in 1.5, but this should get a quick fix.

Soulwalker

The guardian chronicle is also bugged for me. There's a bridge I'm supposed to go across and kill mobs on, but there's a blue barrier that won't disappear, so I can't get over there.

And no way to trigger it, it seems.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Karny View Post
    I am a Defiant, and I cannot progress past the "Regroup with Asha" phase. She will say her scripted thing about the city being under siege, and then every exit is gated and nothing happens, and I am left with leaving the Chronicle and re-entering over and over again to see if it will work.

A guild member cannot assist The Faceless Man as the mobs are non-responsive and do not take damage whatsoever.

I'm happy overall with the content in 1.5, but this should get a quick fix.

Both of those issues with the Defiant Chronicle should be fixed in the next patch.

Sorry about that!

-Mort
    Last edited by Morticuss; 09-28-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Does this mean that we can't actually begin accumulating Planar Attunement experience and points?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellik View Post
    Does this mean that we can't actually begin accumulating Planar Attunement experience and points?
    You get unlocked early, before going to the courtyard, so the bug may not impact this. The chronicle worked flawlessly for me, so I can't say for sure.
    TI-99/4A - 3.0 MHz 16-bit TMS9900 CPU, 256 bytes fast RAM, 16 KB RAM, 8 KB ROM, Cassette Player Interface

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mellik View Post
    No, this doesn't affect that. The Ceremony is not required for the accumulation of Attunement xp. Anything that gave you xp while leveling should give you xp towards PA now on any level 50 character.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 09-28-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzul View Post
    The guardian chronicle is also bugged for me. There's a bridge I'm supposed to go across and kill mobs on, but there's a blue barrier that won't disappear, so I can't get over there.

And no way to trigger it, it seems.
    This should be fixed in the next hot patch.

Dying during the waves of Shadow Warriors causes the encounter to break. If you leave the instance for 15 minutes, you will re-enter at an earlier check point and can try again (though that is obviously an unhappy work around).
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 09-28-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Shadowlander

Hearing lots of reports of bugs in these for both factions. Had no issues myself on either PTS or live and I solo-cleared all three of them in little over an hour. Not sure what is going on with them...

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Carnera View Post
    Hearing lots of reports of bugs in these for both factions. Had no issues myself on either PTS or live and I solo-cleared all three of them in little over an hour. Not sure what is going on with them...
    There are a few scripting bugs that can break things if you happen to just follow the right steps and cause them to occur.

-Mort

Quote Originally Posted by Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

Dying during the waves of Shadow Warriors causes the encounter to break.
    apparently people keep dying.

stop dying

Rift Disciple

apparently dying isn't required to break the guardian quest. one of the Necrotic Abominations I need to kill (looks like the last one before the fight with Kain begins) is behind the barrier fighting an NPC. I can't taunt him or cast on him, and neither the mob or the npc are damaging each other so waiting for them to finish their fight is out of the question.

I had this problem on another character but was able to get past it by sending in a pet to aggro the mobs, then putting him on passive to bring the mobs I needed back to my side of the barrier (the pet was able to cross the barrier even if I couldn't). but on the character I'm trying it with now, I haven't got that option.

-ken
    Last edited by Snowreap; 09-28-2011 at 04:15 PM.
    Snowreap Yellowtail Preyz Taralin
    < The Purge > Guardian Seastone

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Snowreap View Post
    apparently dying isn't required to break the guardian quest. one of the Necrotic Abominations I need to kill (looks like the last one before the fight with Kain begins) is behind the barrier fighting an NPC. I can't taunt him or cast on him, and neither the mob or the npc are damaging each other so waiting for them to finish their fight is out of the question.

I had this problem on another character but was able to get past it by sending in a pet to aggro the mobs, then putting him on passive to bring the mobs I needed back to my side of the barrier (the pet was able to cross the barrier even if I couldn't). but on the character I'm trying it with now, I haven't got that option.

-ken
    How did the Abomination get on the other side of the wall? Did you kick it or fear or otherwise forced it back there? More importantly, did it come past the wall to engage and then moved back behind the wall to get stuck?

I have a fix incoming for this encounter to help reset these guys if they wander off, but just trying to make sure I have the reasons for it happening covered. So I would love to hear specifically what led up to the abom being behind the barrier.

Thanks!
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

The bugs that were present on PTS are the same exact bugs that made it to live.

I sent several reports on PTS and even told Elrar in world chat during the PTS event it was busted.

As soon as I logged in today and went to the Chronicles is bugged in the same way I was now familiar with from PTS. Come on, guys. :|
    Last edited by titansgrip; 09-28-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Couple of bugs: During the Defiant attunement chronicle, the mobs attack the Faceless Man or Kaspar become un-targetable. Not sure why this happens. Seems random.

Also the Knights near the plaza steps dont seem to activate if you range pull the center knight. Breaking the encounter.

In the GSB chronicle, after you kill Greenscale sometimes the dialogue doesn't trigger and the portal ceases to spawn.

just did the guardian version of the attunement chronicle, worked without any problems. nice training ground to tell people how to move out of the fire.

one thing tho: I was really REALLY expecting after cyril said "it's a celebration" to hear kool & the gang.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast