+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree573Likes

Thread: 2nd Class Players

Telaran

Default 2nd Class Players

"* The rewards for Chronicles - outside of taking part in the story itself! - include Planar Attunement experience, gear of use to newly-50 Ascended, and chances at unique artifacts, new and old vanity items, and mounts from prior events."

Once again, casual, solo/duo players are destined to remain behind the curve as 2nd class citizens in yet another Raid driven MMO. I'm totally disappointed by this but I guess we should all feel honored that they allow us to see the content right? I am saddened by the shortsighted and borderline prejudicial contempt for all but the raid style game play. I expected so much more when I first read about these Chronicles but as I feared they are a half hearted attempt to placate a major portion of the players and offered up nothing of real value in the end.

I just cannot understand the absolute contempt developers seem to have for causal, solo/duo players. Why does every piece of meaningful content have to be designed around forced grouping situations? Why does every MMO feel the need to denigrate players who don't want to Raid? This is just so damned frustrating, and I can't wait for a company to actually have the guts to change this because these long ignored players will flock to their product, I just wish it had been Trion and Rift!

Telaran

There are only a handful of players in any given MMO that truly put in enough time to be among the elite, and even though they may play twice as much as someone who only logs an hour a day, they still pay exactly the same amount.

They don't make money by providing a game for a select few. They make money by providing a game that offers everyone things that they want.

Soulwalker

I get the feeling you don't know what MMO means...
    Not hating on ya, but sounds like you want a single player game.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
    "* The rewards for Chronicles - outside of taking part in the story itself! - include Planar Attunement experience, gear of use to newly-50 Ascended, and chances at unique artifacts, new and old vanity items, and mounts from prior events."

Once again, casual, solo/duo players are destined to remain behind the curve as 2nd class citizens in yet another Raid driven MMO. I'm totally disappointed by this but I guess we should all feel honored that they allow us to see the content right? I am saddened by the shortsighted and borderline prejudicial contempt for all but the raid style game play. I expected so much more when I first read about these Chronicles but as I feared they are a half hearted attempt to placate a major portion of the players and offered up nothing of real value in the end.

I just cannot understand the absolute contempt developers seem to have for causal, solo/duo players. Why does every piece of meaningful content have to be designed around forced grouping situations? Why does every MMO feel the need to denigrate players who don't want to Raid? This is just so damned frustrating, and I can't wait for a company to actually have the guts to change this because these long ignored players will flock to their product, I just wish it had been Trion and Rift!
    If you do not raid the why would you need the gear? ... I donít get the issue here to be honest.
    Hoss

I posit an answer. I believe MMO's generally differentiate themselves from solo games (think Elder Scrolls) because you can group up and complete content together. Thus, it seems like a huge step backwards to create any large scale solo content for said MMO.

Just my thoughts from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama

Rift Disciple

go order skyrim

i did, and ill polay that and rift, single player and MMos are different things, if you dont enjoy one, find the othertype to play

I came into this thread expecting some class.

Once again, casual, solo/duo players are destined to remain behind the curve
    * Chronicles, epic storyline experiences for duos and strong solo characters, begin rolling out with 1.5.
    * The Chronicles of Attunement is a solo experience for all characters who reach level 50, congratulating them on their journey and introducing players to the Planar Attunement system.
    * Duo or strong solo 50s can enter the Chronicles version of Greenscale's Blight or Hammerknell to take part in additional storylines separate from the Raid versions of these zones.
    * The rewards for Chronicles - outside of taking part in the story itself! - include Planar Attunement experience, gear of use to newly-50 Ascended, and chances at unique artifacts, new and old vanity items, and mounts from prior events

Kinda looks to me like they've developed content specificlly for solo and duo players...what exactly are you complaining about again?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Owlcat View Post
    I get the feeling you don't know what MMO means...
    Not hating on ya, but sounds like you want a single player game.
    I beg to differ, doing thing solo or duo does not mean that I don't appreciate the remaining portions of a multiplayer game but I also deserve the opportunity to play the way I prefer and still have the ability to progress like anyone else. As for being a minority, casual players are the vast majority, raiders are the minority in all MMO's WoW included which is why Blizzard's next MMO is being designed around causal gaming.

Sword of Telara

"and chances at unique artifacts, new and old vanity items, and mounts from prior events."

wow, this is great news! This is better than I had hoped for and will at least make me check these instances out even tho I could never use any of the gear from em. Tricorner hat and Murdantix mount here I come. I'll run my fresh level 50 buddy thru em or something.

I just cannot understand the absolute contempt developers seem to have for causal, solo/duo players.

I can't understand why you are here crying about the developers not paying attention to your playstyle when this patch is based around your playstyle.

If you seriously expected to get end-game raid gear from solo instances, you are in the wrong game and the wrong genre. Assuming they'll destroy group and raid content just to keep you happy is unfair to the rest of the people that play this game.

Be happy you got solo dungeons. That's much more than most games would do for you.

Soulwalker

Default um, somebody here is misreading something

i've been known to be wrong before, but this:
    == FEATURES ==
    * New Chronicles, epic storyline experiences for solo and duo players, become available with 1.5. See CHRONICLES, below. (bolding mine)
    to me at least, is saying that Chronicles IS ACTUALLY TARGETED TO SOLO PLAYERS.

therefore, your entire rant would appear to be rather baseless.

I beg to differ, doing thing solo or duo does not mean that I don't appreciate the remaining portions of a multiplayer game but I also deserve the opportunity to play the way I prefer and still have the ability to progress like anyone else.

That doesn't mean you get multi-player rewards for solo content. You get solo rewards for solo content, and they're perfectly acceptable for the only content you are willing to attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss616 View Post
    If you do not raid the why would you need the gear? ... I donít get the issue here to be honest.
    This^^^. I don't raid, however, I also don't whine and expect to be handed raid loot.
    So, you think healthcare is a "right"? Then you also support the indenturing and/or enslavement of healthcare workers. Healthcare isn't a naturally occurring phenomenon like sunshine or air, someone else has to produce it, at a cost of their own time, and thus a portion of their life. So, be careful of what you would have the government claim for you at the point of a gun...

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    Kinda looks to me like they've developed content specificlly for solo and duo players...what exactly are you complaining about again?
    He's complaining because he believes that 1 or 2 people working at a smaller, less challenging, more spammable "raid" deserves the same reward as 20 people working at a larger, harder, and time restricted raid.

He doesn't want to make the commitment but wants all the reward of doing so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast