Closed Thread

Thread: Installing Addons

Default Installing Addons

Hey all,
    I figured I could start installing some addons while the servers are down but I'm not quite sure what to do. Looking at the Rift root directory I don't see any relevant folders for addons.
    I did find a screen shot while Google searching that showed you could point Rift towards the addon directory. Does this mean I can can just make a folder named whatever I want, drop it in the Rift folder, extract my addons to it the point Rift to that folder once I log in? Seems like the answer will be obvious but I just want to make sure

Well, apparently reading the stickies in the addon forum should have been my first step

1) Download addon zip file from Riftui.com or rift.curse.com
    2) Run Rift
    3) Click on addons button on character selection screen
    4) Click on open addon directory button on addons list screen - This will open a windows folder window
    5) Copy the addon folder from the zip file (assuming that you know how to uncompress a zip file if not Google is your friend)
    6) Click refresh once new addon is in the addon folder
    7) Make sure addon is ticked and you are good to go.

You can play your characters now with the addon enabled.

Soulwalker

Default ...

Addons are still in beta and not very many have been developed. I would imagine that within the next few weeks to a couple months a bunch of stuff should start showing up. Keep your eyes peeled here.

http://www.riftui.com/addons.php
    Hasselfield - 50 Mage - Casual Friday - Deepwood - Defiant

Rift Master

I looked thru the available addons at curse and there isn't much there, and only maybe one that I'd be interested in checking out, which is the DPS meter since running external parsers is cumbersome. And even that one looks very raw.

It doesn't look like the addon API is very robust and addon devs are basically crippled.

Closed Thread