+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: RIFT's miracle patch rumors- 1.5, 1.6? Incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirantor View Post
    Actually a simple trend status of the last 60 days will show you he is not wrong, most servers have a trend of a stable and noticable decline. I think only 3 stayed where they are, 2 had an increase but this two are trial shards. The game is dying... quite fast

http://www.riftstatus.net/graph/Stea...tch/trends/60d

steampike or the europe overview will tell you the same
    Kids are going back to school and playing less...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    But you can draw a line through the date that these server changes were made and make a new start date, that removes that factor.
    Exactly.. Even last week US lost another server to "trial" and Euro's lost 3 more.. The numbers are sliding with each passing month.. I wonder what Oct will look like after the 6 monther's expire?

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    I'm addressing your challenge of :

..so not sure why you are trying to deflect now. Your statement was incorrect so I wish you'd just admit it...

If you'd like to talk about the present we can do that as well. Saying the MMO fan is completely different is unfounded. You have people even on this thread claiming they had a "decade" of gaming experience as well as many on these RIFT boards.
    The MMO fan is different. It's why leveling is quicker, there aren't any long camping sessions, crafting is becoming an afterthought, and there are no consequences for dying.

Back on topic. Nobody is claiming this is a miracle patch. For some reason it bothers you to see people get excited about the patch because you don't like the game. It's pretty arrogant to act like the people who are looking forward to 1.5 are somehow delusional.

BLIZZARD: First off, it's important that everyone remembers that feedback needs to remain constructive... using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate.
    TRION: If something ****ing pisses someone off to the point of ****ing smashing their ****ing keyboard Hearing it in those words, helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirantor View Post
    Actually a simple trend status of the last 60 days will show you he is not wrong, most servers have a trend of a stable and noticable decline. I think only 3 stayed where they are, 2 had an increase but this two are trial shards. The game is dying... quite fast

http://www.riftstatus.net/graph/Stea...tch/trends/60d

steampike or the europe overview will tell you the same
    Wish I got a dollar (used to be a dime, inflation, ya know) everytime I heard "GAME IS DYING !! RUN !!"

If you have launched ANY MMO you would realize that this is the life cycle of ALL games.

Just released... Massive influx of people to see the new SHINY.
    "
    3 Months in. The A.D.D crowd loses concentration sez "GAME SUXXORS !!" leaves

6 months in. People get to do everything and get bored with the repetitive grind start saying "GAME DONT HAVE ENOUGH TO DO" leaves, checks every patch though, "CUZ , DONT WANNA MISS NUTTIN DUDE"

The fabled WOW game (was there 4 months after launch) was slow to take off and had these very same rehashed 'DOOM IS NIGH" threads.

WoW's saving graces.. Not much competition from a certain stand point (it was the first major release that addressed A.D.D and blew fast, easy fun up your skirt to keep the average 12 year old happy) ask any fan of WoW about EQ2 and they start vomiting uncontrollably.

To complex A.D.D melt down!!

It also had time to hang around till the computer nanny was in full swing , where Moms and Dads could let junior or little missy, play for hours on end on their pentium3 Pc's , to keep them out of their hair for extended amounts of time.

So what am I getting at, EVEN WoW had a drop off in subs, many times over but it has had 6 years in a time were it was the first of its kind ,when MMO's were aimed more at adults ( I wont restart my rant I promise).

SUMMATION:

Every MMO I've ever played has had this cycle,it might be Ebbing some right now but so what.

Rift has kept me longer than most and kept me entertained (Frustrated too),it only needs time and effort to keep it strong.

Trion gives effort, there is no doubt there. They just need TIME!
    Last edited by TerminusEst; 09-26-2011 at 07:36 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    why are so many people so obsessed to tell other people game xy is dieing?

WHO CARES?

I play Rift, Warfronts pop up in seconds, dungeongroups need 2 minutes to build, my guild is florishing. I dont care a damn if there are low pop server at time xy ...
    AMEN!

I am mostly satisfied with Rift but I am also a casual gamer (to some extent) and new to the game so I have yet to experience raiding and the more advanced "endgame" content. (Just recently leveled a character to 50 so I'm slogging my way through T2s to gear up atm). In other words, the majority of content is still new and fresh to me so I don't have any comment one way or another regarding class balance, new content, etc. etc.

With that being said, I do have a mental list of things in Rift that in my opinion are things that need to be at the top of the list of things to address.

1. FIX the friggin' mouseover macros!! As a chloro mage this particular bug is amazingly frustrating because of the way chloros have to heal. I really REALLY need the ability to keep a mob targeted and mouseover xyz party member to heal them when needed. A bug like this still existing in game at this point to me is inexcusable. Either remove @mouseover from the list of available commands or fix it so that it is actually functional.

2. PARTY FRAMES PARTY FRAMES PARTY FRAMES. The current party frames are never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever used, even in T2 single group instances. I'm sick and friggin tired of having to say "raid frames plz" at the beginning of every instance. This is another inexcusable function that needs to be fixed. Please allow either enough customization of the individual party frame elements so we can fix it ourselves OR offer the option to view party frames in the same format as raid frames.

3. Rift invasions. Would it be possible to randomize this a little better, specifically can you fix it so the same outposts aren't occupied by footholds 99.9% of the time so when I'm questing I don't have to return and kill off a foothold every single time I need to turn in a quest??? One of the most frustrating examples I can think of is the one near the defiant porticulum in Scarlet Gorge. Is it really necessary for the wardstone to be sitting RIGHT NEXT to the porticulum AND is it really necessary for 5 bazillion planar mobs to constantly occupy this particular wardstone, AND (as if that weren't enough), if you determine this wardstone simply MUST sit right next to the port, would it be possible to fix it so that the mobs don't respawn at a rate faster than can be controlled by less than a full raid? Please, please, please??? This doesn't make Rift invasions "challenging" or "fun" it makes them nothing more than an unenjoyable, frustrating, monotonous, burden, most especially during off peak play time hours.

Though there are quite a few balance issues I'd also like to see addressed, I could honestly live with the way things are now (at least for a little while) if the above 3 issues could be fixed. These 3 things are the most annoying bugs/problems I have with Rift as it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fohox View Post
    Back on topic. Nobody is claiming this is a miracle patch. For some reason it bothers you to see people get excited about the patch because you don't like the game. It's pretty arrogant to act like the people who are looking forward to 1.5 are somehow delusional.
    No one in this thread is claiming it.. that is obvious and no one suggested that so not sure why you bring that up. But look around the forums and you see the familiar talk of "1.3!" "1.4!" "1.5!".. already people are looking WAYYYYYY past to 1.6 even. You know those fanbois are expecting to log in and go "OMG.. it's fun now!"

You know you have a serious problem in your game when people are already looking TWO PATCHES ahead, friend. It reminds me so much of people at work and then somoene says:

"Man, this is slow. When's lunch?"

"Yeah, me too. Anyone want to skip out for an early lunch?"

"Mmm.. I'm not hungry but this is kinda boring so I'm in."

"Okay, sold."

Again, please stop trying to put personal comments in this and discussing ME. I don't want to talk about YOU, but the topic. Address the issue okay?
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 09-26-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Rift Chaser

While Patch 1.5 won't miraculously fix every single issue this game might have, there is ONE thing that makes it different from the ones before it:

1.5 is a paradigm change of sort.

Pre-1.5, Rift had a PvE endgame designed by a hardcore raider, who didn't care if the 90% of players who don't raid have anything meaningful to do in this game.

I agree that 2-3 solo dungeons and now being able to get somewhat decent gear for doing invasions won't completely change the game yet, but they are remarkable for one reason: Because in the Scott Hartsman "Everyone who doesn't raid is unworthy" idea of archaic MMO desgin, this content ISN'T SUPPOSED TO EXIST. That we're now getting this sort of content means they have adjusted their design criteria for the game, at least to a certain degree. That's why I think Patch 1.5 ISa turning point of sorts. In the right direction, that is.
    Whether they will follow up on it, or if it was just a one-time toss of a small bone before we will get 20 new raids - we shall see. If it's the latter, I can still cancel my sub, but why would I let this possibility worry me now?
    Last edited by Kimyrielle; 09-26-2011 at 07:41 AM.

personally, i think 1.5 will help the game a lot. solo dungeons seem interesting, and planar attunement will be a nice little "work in progress" so i never feel like im not going anywhere. i also like the idea of the veteran rewards coming with it. (mainly cuz i already had an annual sub. cant wait to put my tank in that outfit )

guess it depends what your idea of a good patch is. it wont solve every problem, but like you said, no patch ever does. it will solve a few, and thats a good enough start to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimyrielle View Post
    While Patch 1.5 won't miraculously fix every single issue this game might have, there is ONE thing that makes it different from the ones before it:

Pre-1.5, Rift had a PvE endgame designed by a hardcore raider, who didn't care if the 90% of players who don't raid have anything meaningful to do in this game.

I agree that 2-3 solo dungeons and now being able to get somewhat decent gear for doing invasions won't completely change the game yet, but they are remarkable for one reason: Because in the Scott Hartsman "Everyone who doesn't raid is unworthy" idea of archaic MMO desgin, this content ISN'T SUPPOSED TO EXIST. That we're now getting this sort of content means they have adjusted their design criteria for the game, at least to a certain degree. That's why I think Patch 1.5 ISa turning point of sorts. In the right direction, that is.
    Whether they will follow up on it, or if it was just a one-time toss of a small bone before we will get 20 new raids - we shall see. If it's the latter, I can still cancel my sub, but why would I let this possibility worry me now?
    im not sure what to make of your post. are you suggesting in an MMO, people should be able to have the same gear regardless of whether they have 20 people working together or just go off in a corner and play with themselves?
    Last edited by TheDrizzle404; 09-26-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    im not sure what to make of your post. are you suggesting in an MMO, people should be able to have the same gear regardless of whether they have 20 people working together or just go off in a corner and play with themselves?
    Feel free to look up my posts on this topic, I have made a few of them! But yes, let's say I am not exactly a supporter of the idea that a small minority of the players should be the center of all things endgame.

I agree with things here very much. The end is precisely my point in that as a Founder my six month sub will be up soon, but I'm not willing to resub for "hope" given that hope hasn't done much up until now. It's not a coincidence the "Scott H philosphy" you described changed all of a sudden at the six month and three month expiration intervals; the game is/was hemmorging subs as evidenced by the 50-70 dying servers, so changes had to be made for the future financial health of the game. That much is plainly obvious.

I see things discussed in 1.6 as very promising.. I mean very interesting personally. Talk of rifts being the focal (or at least more properly used) is positive but this far out.. that's all it is. Talk. Talk and more talk and far-away talk at that. Other games will be out by that time.

When I and possibly others, see it's implemented rather than "talked up", then a six month sub will be warranted. I will not keep my sub running just so I can get some "veteran" trinkets which will likely have equivalents in the FTP cash shop late summer.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 09-26-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Telaran

I think people get confused with MMOs these days, regarding population of servers i mean.. The market has vastly changed since WoW launched, there are lots of new games and the amount of people playing them has increased exponentially. Populations fluctuate more noticeably and to make things worse there havent been many titles that can live up to the (WoW's) hype.
    Active toon: Dreamfall (Sunrest)
    My system: Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth x58 SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 CPU: Intel Xeon e5645 2.4Ghz @2.6Ghz Graphics Card: 2x Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB Crossfire 840/1325 +20% power *1 has unlocked shaders* Memory: 12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz @1100mhz (6-6-6-18 timings) Operating System: Windows 7 Home 64-bit Sandra Rank #30

I don't understand why so many people assume to know that subs are dropping. The only people that know these statistics are Trion, and they haven't released that information, nor should they, because it's totally irrelevant to the players. A 10% drop in subscriptions will have no effect on your gameplay. The ONLY time a subscription drop will affect us is if the drop is catastrophic (90%+).

Also it's worthwhile to note that a servers "low, medium, high, full" notes are only a hint at how many people are actually online at the moment, they are not a gauge of the active population.

1.5 and 1.6 are big patches that a lot of people are excited about. No one is saying it will cure cancer or make double rainbows shoot out of your nether regions.

If you have a problem with that... then you have a problem, not me.
    BLIZZARD: First off, it's important that everyone remembers that feedback needs to remain constructive... using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate.
    TRION: If something ****ing pisses someone off to the point of ****ing smashing their ****ing keyboard Hearing it in those words, helps.

Feel free to look up my posts on this topic, I have made a few of them! But yes, let's say I am not exactly a supporter of the idea that a small minority of the players should be the center of all things endgame.
    you mean the small minority that join an mmo thinking they should be able to do everything solo as if its just a regular single player rpg?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast