+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: How To: Bring Level 50 Players Into Lowbie Zone Events

Make it so players scale to zones. This offers nothing but positive things. 50's can go to any zone and participate, and low levels will have zone events done
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

As I have posted before. Add Level Scaling system.

so the strength of a higher level player gets balanced to fit low level mobs. This allow high level players to play in low level zones without overpowering it.

hey GW2 will be doing this. you better jump to it Trion before its too late

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    Scale the 50 down to the Zone as soon as they start fighting Riftspawn, or prevent them from doing so until they've flagged themselves to be "Scaled" like that -- like the PvP Flag feature, but for levels.
    I"ve been asking for that for 6 months.. NO response from Trion on this matter.. Allow mentoring/scaling of levels so that 50's can enjoy and participate in ANY invasion, and increase rewards drastically with Rift/Invasion designed gear.. Make the top tier Invasion gear EQUALLY strong as instanced gear, but different stats.. Such gear would be hybrid of tanking and dps put together.. This way Raider's don't get pissed that someone is swimming in their pond.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rydeson View Post
    I"ve been asking for that for 6 months.. NO response from Trion on this matter.. Allow mentoring/scaling of levels so that 50's can enjoy and participate in ANY invasion, and increase rewards drastically with Rift/Invasion designed gear.. Make the top tier Invasion gear EQUALLY strong as instanced gear, but different stats.. Such gear would be hybrid of tanking and dps put together.. This way Raider's don't get pissed that someone is swimming in their pond.. LOL
    I kinda really like that idea. Maybe make it so that everyone can do what they need to do without switching out gear. That sounds awesome actually. I hate having to carry around 3 sets of gear.
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post

It totally pisses me off when a boss mob pops the other side of the zone and while us lowbies plod along on our sucky slow-speed mounts, having to deal with all the mobs on the way, the 50s dash past us and don't have to deal with the mobs..

As a lvl 50 in lowbie zone I always try to have the other 50ies chill when boss have spawned like " lvl 50 players please go easy on boss so lowbies can reach it" but mostly nobody would listen.

I get the feeling that lvl 50ies ruin the invasion as I've been there trying to reach the boss but it was killed before I got there, like someone said players mostly ignore chat or have it turned off for some reason...a shame.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    You mean like they do now.

It totally pisses me off when a boss mob pops the other side of the zone and while us lowbies plod along on our sucky slow-speed mounts, having to deal with all the mobs on the way, the 50s dash past us and don't have to deal with the mobs.

It's about time Trion implemented some mechanic to allow people to teleport to the boss, as it stands it's a crap-shoot whether you ever get to see it or not before it dies.
    The teleport mechanic is brilliant and could be an Ascended Power purchasable in tiers. Or, instead of a simple teleport, give them a travel speed buff.

Ascended Power: Rally Front (Level 1-20): This power allows the Ascended to utilize the technology of the Defiants to quickly accelerate their pace towards a known threat, such as a Colossi within their geographical area.

Then you could have Ascended Power (Level 21-40) and (Level 41-50) to cover all zones.

Either make it a teleport or make it like a 200% run speed buff for ~20 seconds but ONLY when there's a zone event with a boss spawned. Give it a decent cooldown, like 1 minute or 30 seconds.

Banned

I agree, that it's rather disappointing when a few 50's monopolize a boss fight in a low level invasion and by the time a lowbie gets' there, there isn't any reward left for him.. I even had this problem at head start without high level toons.. By the time I got to the boss fight, he's 1/2 dead and there was NO WAY I was going to get any good drop value..

There are ways to correct this problem, but honestly.. I doubt anyone is listening, plus we aren't on the payroll either to design the game..

Over the past couple weeks Ive been going through the lower level invasions working on my achievements and I have never received negative feedback from another player. Most of the players I run into see invasions as an inconvience, quicker it gets finished quicker they can go back to questing.

Sad when the defining feature of this game has just been reduced to a minor nuisance. Its the equivalent of removing the 3 pt shot from a basketball game. Sure I could still shoot a 20 footer but why would I want too. Dull is dull.
    Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. - Ambrose Redmoon

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kalura View Post
    Over the past couple weeks Ive been going through the lower level invasions working on my achievements and I have never received negative feedback from another player. Most of the players I run into see invasions as an inconvience, quicker it gets finished quicker they can go back to questing.

Sad when the defining feature of this game has just been reduced to a minor nuisance. Its the equivalent of removing the 3 pt shot from a basketball game. Sure I could still shoot a 20 footer but why would I want too. Dull is dull.
    As someone who is leveling a Warrior I can say that if I could get purple stones while leveling to help me get better gear I would be ALL FOR IT

Rift Chaser

What about if they implemented a system where a player, or group of players could hire lvl 50's to do non-quest content (or maybe elite quests too) and they would also get the rewards for doing so. However, the rewards for the lvl 50 would not come out of the player/group's wallet.

So basically, the low level creates a quest to kill <insert name here> and puts it on a bounty board. Level 50's can check the bounty board and accept the quest for 30 minutes (then it becomes failed and another 50 can attempt it). The reward for the 50 is like 25/50/75g/1plat depending on the difficulty of the kill. If contracted to kill an invasion boss, the low levels all get credit for the kill, to include any achievements, as long as they stay in the same zone/participate in some way.
    Last edited by Falsedemise; 09-26-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Verja View Post
    Make it so players scale to zones. This offers nothing but positive things. 50's can go to any zone and participate, and low levels will have zone events done
    Second this.

Soulwalker

Agree wholeheartedly with this thread, especially calls for mentoring type system. I love invasions but it kind of ruins it to have level 50s rofl-stomp everything before you can even reach it even if they mean well.

I posted in suggestions about this topic
    actually; though I can see auto-mentoring working well too. I think using planar attunement XP as the reward for such activities to be a great idea too!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    As I have posted before. Add Level Scaling system.

so the strength of a higher level player gets balanced to fit low level mobs. This allow high level players to play in low level zones without overpowering it.

hey GW2 will be doing this. you better jump to it Trion before its too late
    This, If I recall correctly, Vanguard had this implemented too in order to allow you to scale your character in order to play with a friend at a lower level and not impact their XP.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    Wait, you're saying you WANT level 50's in low-level zone-events?
    It feels like mere months since everyone was asking to have the level 50's stay away from the low-level zone-events.

As more and more people level past these events it leaves fewer and fewer there to handle them. Now that there are more people at level 50 then there are in any of the lower level zones they actually NEED the help. When there are more than enough at level players in the zone, the higher levels trivialize the content making for a not enjoyable experience. When there are not enough of the at level players, for example in event in scarlet gorge, the invasions run rampant over the area in no time, again, making the play experience not fun.

Plane Touched

Alternately to the Ascended Power I called Rally Front, you could do this:

Ascended Power: Gather the Forces
    Cost to acquire: 20,000 Planarite
    Cost to activate: One planar charge
    Level required: 50
    Cooldown: 60 seconds
    Description: The Ascended calls forth their new allies in the geographical area for assistance with Colossi and Invasions. Places a buff on all low level players in the zone, giving them +100% Run Speed for 60 seconds. This Buff stacks with other Gather the Forces buffs, each additional stack increasing Run Speed by 10% up to a maximum of 10 stacks.

So if say five level 50's all use it at once then all the lowbies in the area get ~+150% run speed buff for 60 seconds.

Also, nobody would buy this ability unless the low level zones did indeed provide the original incentives we talked about earlier.
    Last edited by Tarrnation; 09-26-2011 at 04:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast