+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Rift's had 6 months to put the RPG in MMORPG, still lacks atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Erien View Post
    Totally agree with you. I decided to level my Alt through PvP and Dungeons. LFG fails so much; there is no word for it. Week ago I logged my alt, queued in for PVP and almost rage quit, in second WF, either you face roll or get rolled, there no middle ground.

2 days ago logged in my main and started doing circles around Sanctum from boredom. Canít do raid cause of lock out, canít do T2 cause every tank in guild busy, and LFG blows. Basically there is nothing to do whatís so ever.

Rift got my sub until BF3 and then GW2. 1.5 will be decisive if I cancel or not before BF3. when BF3 comes it's going to be bye bye Rift, never want to see you again.
    I checked out your other post, You are a rogue and complaining that there are no tanks for t2. /fail post for you Mr I only want to Que DPS, where are all the tanks.

I can't be bothered playing a bard in WFs to heal my friends and buff them while I earn enough favor to buy gear which will let me kill people on my own while new 50s buff me. Oh and bard songs aren't gear related.

I know you.

Plane Touched

Some people will piss and moan no matter what the game or company running it does.

I happen to like the game as a game , its not a lifestyle choice..its not a religion and its not the be all end all of mmo's, it's a game to keep me occupied when I'm bored or want to relax on my downtime from work.

Seriously, if you really are unhappy with the game why in the seven hells are you still playing? Go find something you enjoy doing, its really not rocket science ya know

Banned

It's times like this I get to thinking of past games.. Remember when your character's actions meant something? Kill a guard... OOOPS there goes your rep, eventually you become hated by your own people.. Work on faction to join the enemy.. It gave us multiple roles and paths to choose, and because of those choices, our characters experience could and should be different..

In Rift faction really means nothing other then what can you "buy" from NPC.. Even in WoW they gave us a choice to ally with booty bay or join the pirates.. Arrrgggg.. However, I loved the factions of EQ1 and what it allowed us to do.. This is just one thing that I think should of been designed in the game..
    Last edited by Rydeson; 09-22-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorath View Post
    Are you guys serious, Yes. We are.

Here comes a brand new MMO that isn't made by Blizzard who took 80 years to make their MMO (80 years? Hyperbole much?) and you are complaining (critcizing?) because they don't have Daggerfall size maps (the maps here are VERY small here; are you denying this?) with detailed write ups on every individual mob (insert your own lies.. no one said that, lol), perfectly balanced PvP combat with 32 souls (that wasn't said or suggested either), Then they have to release an update every week to add new content before you QQ to the forums.(they do? I don't think so) And they haven't already put out their 3rd $60.00 expansion. (I'd settle for the first expansion. This world is burnt.. very small, needs new races.

Cut these people some slack.(they are highly paid professionals less upset about posts than you are, and they MAKE the game. calm down) They are patching and trying to fix stuff. (we know.. calm down)1.5 appears to be a good patch heading in the right direction.(You resub for "appears". I'll resub on "results") They don't have 800 trillon dollars and 5000 people staffs made of brilliant NASA scientist who spend all day + 8 hours overtime plotting how to make this game totally epic.(No one has 800 trillion.. even governments. you sure have a gift for hyperbole. could you bring your argument down to reality, please?)

Find something to do because I am 100% sure you have not done everything including P8(Nope, not interested anymore.), Full HK gear,(DEFINITELY not interested.) all achievements(you're joking right?), all crafting maxed(did four, that's plenty), all classes maxed (now I know you're being silly lol. reroll in the same small zones? I did that three times already.) and rolled and maxed an alt on the alternative side. ((it's clear you're out of salient points. Thank God you didn't ask if we collected every mount in the game, spoke to every NPC on both factions in the game or collected every single set of gear and weapons yet.)
    Blue response. The nice thing is you just joined in September and people like me already did most of what you haven't even started yet. You're still bright eyed and bushy tailed. See you when Planetside 2, Prime: Battle for Dominus and Firefall come out. I know you'll eventually hear about it and find your way there.

Until then, good luck on getting your first 50!
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 09-22-2011 at 10:17 AM.

I checked out your other post, You are a rogue and complaining that there are no tanks for t2. /fail post for you Mr I only want to Que DPS, where are all the tanks.

I can't be bothered playing a bard in WFs to heal my friends and buff them while I earn enough favor to buy gear which will let me kill people on my own while new 50s buff me. Oh and bard songs aren't gear related.

I know you.
    Damn you good.

Except you fail, cause I have 4 Rolls: Tank, 2 DPS and Bard.

Now, bridge is over to your right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Trion sucks! I have been complaining about <class> for <number of weeks since last patch> weeks and they just ignore how OP <ability> is. People just say <cc> the <class> and L2P but it's not that easy!!!! I swear, does anyone who works for Trion actually play this game? The devs need to wake up or this game will be dead in <number of months Rift has been live +1> months. I'm cancelling my subscription until they meet my demands. <insert game 1> and <insert game 2> are coming out soon and they're going to kick this dead game in the *** if Trion doesn't make changes! I am so going to leave for those games!

Well I've already ranted enough on how this game's dynamic events fail hard, so I'll refrain from that this time. I have to agree the world is very silent. I have toons on two different servers and there is zero social interaction. Nobody talks. Not even "WTB" or "WTS" type chatter. It's very odd. Makes one almost miss WoW trade trolls just to have some chatter. Well, almost.......

I don't mind the posters who want to say what they enjoy about the game, or even telling me go find something else I'll like better. It's because Rift completely lacks in-game communities that I thought I should take the time to express my reasons to the only pulse this game has left, the forums.

I thought you guys were worth an explanation since there's only about a week left to go until I move on.
    It's appreciated.

Plane Touched

It wasn't always like that, but I agree with the current state.

In the early days, right around the prelaunch, chat was alive and well. People were happy and engaged. I couldn't wait to see the game open up.

Now I run circles through Sanctum while waiting for a Raid to start or log on twice a week. I'm looking forward to see what 1.5 does to remedy that, but admittedly I have my doubts.

Plane Touched

... 1.5 will be decisive if I cancel or not ...
    Totally this. Regardless of what game I go to or take a break from MMOs entirely, 1.5 is going to determine whether I hang around or not.

I do dig Rift and I've defended Trion on more than one occasion, but man I'm so bored.
    Last edited by Homebrew; 09-22-2011 at 10:26 AM.

####you good.

So you ask where the tanks are and your a tank? Do you have multiple personalities? Do you know where the other you is right now? More importantly, do you know what the other you is doing? He/she could be doing something very sinister at this very moment and you wouldn't know what you were up to? You can be held accountable though because the other you has you you's fingerprints.
    Last edited by Jorath; 09-22-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Damn you good.

Watch it Erien. He's been playing since September. By Trion's definition of new money.. he's a Vet just like you. And since he paid more recently than you did, show some respect for your "elders." /hehe

I'm laughing because he's been in the game less than a month, yet he's already progressed/advanced enough to doing post history background checks to try and win forum arguments.

That guy is serious and going places. He's going to be a forum star one day.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 09-22-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    It wasn't always like that, but I agree with the current state.

In the early days, right around the prelaunch, chat was alive and well. People were happy and engaged. I couldn't wait to see the game open up.

Now I run circles through Sanctum while waiting for a Raid to start or log on twice a week. I'm looking forward to see what 1.5 does to remedy that, but admittedly I have my doubts.
    I got to hang out in vent with people who worked on rift during the beta, and was warned how generic it was but I was also told of how much heart Trion Studios has. A studio of genuine gamers who had a crazy huge budget and the vision to execute it, just not the scope. They are too afraid of breaking any molds, and I was told from the mouth of a contracted dev "pvp is just an afterthought with this one, don't expect much". Despite all that, Rift got 6 months out of me on merit. Money is no object, but my time is. Out of those 6 months, I spent maybe 1 of them entirely in game because of how disengaging Rift is to the player.

I've no doubt Trion is too focused on it's next 2 MMOs to be concerned with saving Rift and will just let it drift into a F2P model once they've milked enough out of it, but they've damaged their reputation to the point when I do pick out a new virtual world to explore, I don't want it to be by Trion studios.

Will I ever be satisfied as a person? Of course not. All Trion had to do was satisfy me as a gamer.
    Last edited by Trisian; 09-22-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew View Post
    Totally this. Regardless of what game I go to or take a break from MMOs entirely, 1.5 is going to determine whether I hang around or not.

I do dig Rift and I've defended Trion on more than one occasion, but man I'm so bored.
    Im in the same boat my friend. I remember my very first post EVER on these forums was telling everyone to give TRION a break, to give them sometime, and they will learn from the countless mistakes of others. Sadly, as a red blooded, steel crunching pvper I have been handed dissapointment, after dissapointment. Whats worse is that I run a large guild, and I only login these days for them, the friends Ive made. Even this is becoming more difficult.

TRION will forever be known as the MMO that, with patch 1.5 fed the cries of pvpers with.... A WEEKEND warfront.....
    Sayvior
    We Are Legend Founder, and GM (Retired)

So you ask where the tanks are and your a tank? Do you have multiple personalities? Do you know where the other you is right now? More importantly, do you know what the other you is doing? He/she could be doing something very sinister at this very moment and you wouldn't know what you were up to? You can be held accountable though because the other you has you you's fingerprints.
    Huh?

I'm sorry if I failed to see your leet knowledge of the game, sir. May be I missed something? May be I failed to see leetness of Rogues tank has above Warrior or even Cleric. What is it, armor build, skills?

Can you please enlighten me?
    Last edited by Erien; 09-22-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Trion sucks! I have been complaining about <class> for <number of weeks since last patch> weeks and they just ignore how OP <ability> is. People just say <cc> the <class> and L2P but it's not that easy!!!! I swear, does anyone who works for Trion actually play this game? The devs need to wake up or this game will be dead in <number of months Rift has been live +1> months. I'm cancelling my subscription until they meet my demands. <insert game 1> and <insert game 2> are coming out soon and they're going to kick this dead game in the *** if Trion doesn't make changes! I am so going to leave for those games!

Rift Chaser

I'm in agreement with the OP and right now, my sub is winding down. Just 12 or so days left and I don't have much inclination to log on. I'm sort of curious about 1.5 and hope I see it before my sub lapses. Not sure if it will have enough pizzaz to keep me around. Probably not but I'm willing to try and pay for Rift on a month to month basis (versus my 3 month sub). I think that Rift is a pretty good game and I certainly got 5 or so months out of it. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the staying power for me and it is time to move on. The OP captured many of my feelings in his post.

I've been a fan of Trion and I do speak highly of this game. I even wrote up a lengthy response on the SWTOR forums this morning in response to the Rift bashers (unfortunately post was closed before I hit that submit button...grrr). Rift is a good game, it just lacks that heart and soul for me. And thus doesn't have staying power.

Currently, I'm just sticking with single player games and enjoying the heck out of them. I hope that down the road, another MMO title can pull me in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast