+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Level 50 blows

Soulwalker

Default Level 50 blows

Trion I commend you for doing a good job giving us stuff to do from levels 1-50. I'm not saying it's the most exciting thing of all time, but at least there are things there to do. Now that I am level 50 I don't see how you guys have managed to completely break any sort of continuation.

Upon reaching level 50 my character became 100% worthless.

Dungeons: lololol no hit/focus/toughness crappy armor no spellpower, hope you have a non squishy tank/great healer slot filled so you can be a leech to get gear.

PvP: I went from critting for 1200+ to critting for 200 dmg in one level. Please explain to me how this makes any sense at all? Why would you completely shaft every person going from 49-50 so that they are total dead weight in WF. Even being a healer is 100% useless since P1 level 50's will get shredded in about 2 seconds due to having no valor. So what's your solution? I just sit there and leech prestige for 50 hours until I hit rank 2 so I can actually have some valor? wtf?

Doesn't matter if some newb can't do anything right, he's grinded for 1000+ hours to get his prestige gear so I can't even out damage healing spray let alone any actual heals and I get to explode like a pinata when anyone so much as breathes on me.

P2 is really easy to get, I play fairly casually, and I got it the same night I hit 50.
    Dying sucks, but at least you get valor in a short amount of time now.

Telaran

MMO's are all about progression even at end game, it begins.

This is the fact and you need to deal with that fact that once you hit 50 it's like beginning from level 1 and you're fighting people at level 20 or higher.

If you want a balanced arena where gear doesn't change the outcome of the battle then no MMO will reach that level. Even if it did, it would mean a number of people won't see the point in playing if they don't work towards anything.

Just accept how MMO's are and suffer through the bad times then be like most people, pick on the weak when they come through.

At my first 50 i felt the same but that was like all other MMO's. If i wanted to play some balanced or equal game i would choose FPS or Dota, not balanced but at least it's not as bad as warfronts.

As for doing dungeons, well everyone starts off with crap gear, you go through T1's, you craft or buy crafted material and gear up.

Look on the bright side, it used to be worse - at least you have some valor now in the lower rank sets. Imagine what the rest of us had to put up with, if it's this bad for you with the normalized valor...

I know, not that this makes it any better for you, but just a reminder that it could always be worse...

Quote Originally Posted by ChopstickNINJ4 View Post
    Trion I commend you for doing a good job giving us stuff to do from levels 1-50. I'm not saying it's the most exciting thing of all time, but at least there are things there to do. Now that I am level 50 I don't see how you guys have managed to completely break any sort of continuation.

Upon reaching level 50 my character became 100% worthless.

Dungeons: lololol no hit/focus/toughness crappy armor no spellpower, hope you have a non squishy tank/great healer slot filled so you can be a leech to get gear.

PvP: I went from critting for 1200+ to critting for 200 dmg in one level. Please explain to me how this makes any sense at all? Why would you completely shaft every person going from 49-50 so that they are total dead weight in WF. Even being a healer is 100% useless since P1 level 50's will get shredded in about 2 seconds due to having no valor. So what's your solution? I just sit there and leech prestige for 50 hours until I hit rank 2 so I can actually have some valor? wtf?

Doesn't matter if some newb can't do anything right, he's grinded for 1000+ hours to get his prestige gear so I can't even out damage healing spray let alone any actual heals and I get to explode like a pinata when anyone so much as breathes on me.
    Get the four pcs of 1.4 crafted gear. That fixes dungeons.

Run stones in Scion, get points. Any rank can do that. Do the wf dailies, easiest presige and faction ever. Take the back line/ranged approach where you can. Don't worry about it when you get wtfpwnd. Stay away from Black Garden, that zone is just depressing.

And remember there is just as many lower ranked toons on the other side. You don't need to be a leech tbh.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Stay away from Black Garden, that zone is just depressing.
    Amen .

Rift Chaser Flatulentia Nervosa's Avatar

I can haz all teh epiks when I hits 50 so I'm done and God?

Seriously, you're complaining that there ARE things to do and saying it's NOT things to do. If you had it all handed it to you, your QQ would be I have it all, why try, I'm bored.

Whiners gonna whine.

PS Love that the guy who "just" hit 50 over 7 months after head start calls someone who "grinded for 1,000+ hours" a n00b who can't really play up to his mad skillz. I seriously wish this were a transparent troll, but it reeks of honesty.
    Last edited by Flatulentia Nervosa; 09-20-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Pvp ranking and valor, oh clueless OP... read up

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Pvp ranking and valor, oh clueless OP... read up
    Which part should they read up on? The Valor equalization actually made lower Ranks more useless. They might live a few seconds longer, but now there's nobody they can damage. At least previously, they could try to kill each other...

...instead of addressing the issue of having R1s in the same WFs as R8s, they er...yeah, anyway.

Fresh 50s are not heading into HK, why are Fresh 50s heading into WFs to fight pseudoRAIDequivalently geared other 50s?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Which part should they read up on? The Valor equalization actually made lower Ranks more useless. They might live a few seconds longer, but now there's nobody they can damage. At least previously, they could try to kill each other...

...instead of addressing the issue of having R1s in the same WFs as R8s, they er...yeah, anyway.

Fresh 50s are not heading into HK, why are Fresh 50s heading into WFs to fight pseudoRAIDequivalently geared other 50s?
    You can read the OP's second to last paragraph wondering what happened going from 49-50

Point being, reading up on pvp and valor might help someone understand they still need to grind to roll with the big boys. I get what you're saying with fresh 50s heading into WF, but I think fresh 50s should look at warfronts as them being level 50, with each corresponding rank being a higher level. To me, that seems fair that new 50s should get roflstomped by those who put in their time. It may not always seem like it, but some may learn more about their class getting stomped than getting a gravy train ride up the ranks. Just my $.02.

Rift Disciple

To me, that seems fair that new 50s should get roflstomped by those who put in their time. It may not always seem like it, but some may learn more about their class getting stomped than getting a gravy train ride up the ranks. Just my $.02.
    Umm k... Itīs just that most highranked didnt have to face highranks when they grinded their way up through the ranks, they faced people in their own range so tbh that is just a load of....

I dunno I found there's lots for me to do at Lv 50. But then again I only play 3-4 evenings of the week now, if that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elrey View Post
    MMO's are all about progression even at end game, it begins.

This is the fact and you need to deal with that fact that once you hit 50 it's like beginning from level 1 and you're fighting people at level 20 or higher.

If you want a balanced arena where gear doesn't change the outcome of the battle then no MMO will reach that level. Even if it did, it would mean a number of people won't see the point in playing if they don't work towards anything.

Just accept how MMO's are and suffer through the bad times then be like most people, pick on the weak when they come through.

At my first 50 i felt the same but that was like all other MMO's. If i wanted to play some balanced or equal game i would choose FPS or Dota, not balanced but at least it's not as bad as warfronts.

As for doing dungeons, well everyone starts off with crap gear, you go through T1's, you craft or buy crafted material and gear up.
    Then we have no worries of you playing GW2.. Enjoy your stay with Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Get the four pcs of 1.4 crafted gear. That fixes dungeons.

Run stones in Scion, get points. Any rank can do that. Do the wf dailies, easiest presige and faction ever. Take the back line/ranged approach where you can. Don't worry about it when you get wtfpwnd. Stay away from Black Garden, that zone is just depressing.

And remember there is just as many lower ranked toons on the other side. You don't need to be a leech tbh.
    I totally agree about Black Garden. if your team has no heals its pretty much a lose due to how the stone works. The game is all about how much AOE your team has. no skill required. spam AOE too keep the other team from grabing the stone = win.

tho some people like it others like my self hate it. personally i like codex it reminds me of AB in WOW and i like how the game is played. I do like port scion but lately it seems that the oposing faction has been playing unscrupilouslly by holding onto the stone forcing a turtle. i think that Trion should put a reasonable timer on it that allows a player enough time to get to the turn in with fights along the way being considered. if they did that i think it would be much more enjoyable. i do like white fall as well. i hope the new WF they are adding with 1.5 is as fun if not funner then the ones we already have.
    Im a little dark rain cloud hovering here over the honey tree, for every one knows a rain cloud wont eat honey not a drip.

You can read the OP's second to last paragraph wondering what happened going from 49-50

Point being, reading up on pvp and valor might help someone understand they still need to grind to roll with the big boys. I get what you're saying with fresh 50s heading into WF, but I think fresh 50s should look at warfronts as them being level 50, with each corresponding rank being a higher level. To me, that seems fair that new 50s should get roflstomped by those who put in their time. It may not always seem like it, but some may learn more about their class getting stomped than getting a gravy train ride up the ranks. Just my $.02.
    When I hit 50 on my Mage, I did not get stomped by R8s. There were no R8s. There were no R2s. We were all R1s. Sure, it did not take long because of faction imbalance in the cluster for the Guardians to get ahead of the Defiant (faster queues, faster ranking/gearing, more wins, etc, etc). I was the first R6 Defiant on Carrion. The first R6 Guardian did it around three weeks earlier. There had been some Guardian R6 players for what, 2-3 weeks prior to that? So as a R4+, yep - had to deal with R6.

So I always call hogwash on the "we put our time in" statements. Prior to the Valor equalization, on my alts I would try to pick out the other lower Ranked players to feel as if something was going on! Now, well - um - well - um... it is basically a case of, well - Hell, dying a lot in the hope that it will get better at some point...meh.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast