+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Veteran Rewards revealed

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    So, it's based on when you're actually charged for a subscription.

So if you had a 6 month sub and re-subbed for a new one you would not get the year rewards until you are billed for your second 6th month subscription.

This also means that if you upgrade from a 1 month to a 6 month you won't receive any included veteran rewards until you are charged for that new 6 month sub.

Example -

Your billing date is today, 9/20. Tomorrow, you sign-up for a 6 month sub after going month-to-month for the past 6 months. When these go live you would receive the first 6 months veteran rewards; however, you would not receive the rewards for the full year until your 6 month subscription is charged on your next renewal date, 10/20.

Let me know if you have any additional questions
    O so not veteran rewards but an item store got it.

Soulwalker

Ok, so I have a question. I would like the 18-month rewards. I started playing around June and when I first signed up, I wanted to support the game as much as possible and I signed up for the largest renewal time (which was 6 months at the time). Now, I would gladly pay for a 12-month sub right now and put my paid time at a guaranteed 18-months, but trion isn't giving me that option because I can't pay off more of my sub until the current 6 months is up. Is there a way to address this because I don't feel like I should be punished based on the fact that I supported trion so much upfront. I could have done a month at a time, and did a 12-month sub now and then been at the year mark instead of the current 6 month mark that I am at.

I think Trion's definition of "veteran" is different than my definition. When I saw the term "veteran's rewards", I was thinking a token of appreciation for those folks who had the faith to buy the game and six month subs at the beginning. You know, a little something to take the sting out of later players getting it all cheaper. In actuality, "veteran's rewards" is a gimmick to get folks to re-subscribe.

Someone mentioned the personal vendor possibly being a precursor to a F2P store... yeah, makes me a bit nervous as well.

18 month rewards? I, too, have those in my bank right now. Yes, it's still possible to get those items in-game (one with past tokens if you have any remaining and the other still drops). I do hope they step it up a notch with these "rewards". And offer more ways to get more cosmetics (seasonal events, eg). There are so few armor models and so few costume pieces that it's still impossible to get a unique look.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmodon View Post
    O so not veteran rewards but an item store got it.
    A reward for subbing...a veteran reward...is not an item store. You're not buying the item. You're buying the sub. You get the reward with the sub.

Now CoX on the other hand, when they started talking about selling the Vet rewards with an item shop... see, that it is an item store.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

I fail to get excited about costume/fluff in this game as everybody always manages to have it after a few days and it just takes away the point of wanting it in the first place.

I'd be much more interested in you adding fluff that had more to do with how our characters actually look. Ie a barber, more hairstyles/face models etc.

Just think we all look far too generic in this game at the moment.
    < Invictus >
    Nerissa - Cenii - Nausicaa - Elix
    Cleric - Warrior - Mage - Rogue
    Icewatch EU

Quote Originally Posted by Greatorex View Post
    I fail to get excited about costume/fluff in this game as everybody always manages to have it after a few days and it just takes away the point of wanting it in the first place.

I'd be much more interested in you adding fluff that had more to do with how our characters actually look. Ie a barber, more hairstyles/face models etc.

Just think we all look far too generic in this game at the moment.
    We are getting a barber so are you happy now or will you find something else to complain about?

Can't help but giggle as people scratch around looking for new and improved ways to complain about well .. everything.

The rewards look cool. If you don't like them don't claim them. Just for the love of god stop whining.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    I think Trion's definition of "veteran" is different than my definition. When I saw the term "veteran's rewards", I was thinking a token of appreciation for those folks who had the faith to buy the game and six month subs at the beginning. You know, a little something to take the sting out of later players getting it all cheaper. In actuality, "veteran's rewards" is a gimmick to get folks to re-subscribe.

Someone mentioned the personal vendor possibly being a precursor to a F2P store... yeah, makes me a bit nervous as well.

18 month rewards? I, too, have those in my bank right now. Yes, it's still possible to get those items in-game (one with past tokens if you have any remaining and the other still drops). I do hope they step it up a notch with these "rewards". And offer more ways to get more cosmetics (seasonal events, eg). There are so few armor models and so few costume pieces that it's still impossible to get a unique look.
    Editing time expired... How about giving true vets something like more character slots? 6 is rather limiting, especially for those of us who have been here all along and may find endgame a bit limited.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    We are getting a barber so are you happy now or will you find something else to complain about?

Can't help but giggle as people scratch around looking for new and improved ways to complain about well .. everything.

The rewards look cool. If you don't like them don't claim them. Just for the love of god stop whining.
    You do not understand what a forum is.
    < Invictus >
    Icewatch EU

Really? Well maybe you could explain it to me.

Obviously you don't read it or you would of known the barber was coming. Does that mean you can't read?

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Akemi View Post
    Ok, so I have a question. I would like the 18-month rewards. I started playing around June and when I first signed up, I wanted to support the game as much as possible and I signed up for the largest renewal time (which was 6 months at the time). Now, I would gladly pay for a 12-month sub right now and put my paid time at a guaranteed 18-months, but trion isn't giving me that option because I can't pay off more of my sub until the current 6 months is up. Is there a way to address this because I don't feel like I should be punished based on the fact that I supported trion so much upfront. I could have done a month at a time, and did a 12-month sub now and then been at the year mark instead of the current 6 month mark that I am at.
    simply put the answer is no

Also if you started in June(You don't mention an exact date) even if you had chosen to pay month to month you wouldn't receive the 18-months as you would be this on the at a total of 3 or 4 months paid;That with the 12 months would put you at 15-16 months and then you'd have to wait for that 12 month sub to run out and put in another subscription payment. Yo're better of if you really want it to just be patient and wait till your current 6 month runs out than add on the 12 months to it.
    Last edited by Typrop; 09-20-2011 at 05:23 PM.

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Really? Well maybe you could explain it to me.

Obviously you don't read it or you would of known the barber was coming. Does that mean you can't read?
    lol I won't reply to you after this as you are obviously a sad little troll but did it occur to you that no I have not seen any info on a barber nor actively searched for it and my post just says I would prefer that with more models/hairstyles etc to an outfit that everybody will have. So in response, yes, I will be happy with that.
    < Invictus >
    Icewatch EU

lol I won't reply to you after this as you are obviously a sad little troll but did it occur to you that no I have not seen any info on a barber nor actively searched for it and my post just says I would prefer that with more models/hairstyles etc to an outfit that everybody will have. So in response, yes, I will be happy with that.
    Love this tactic. Get pushed into a corner, call the person a troll and refuse to keep posting.

The only thing I really see as a benefit to the vet reward armor is that it could add quite a bit of value to your account. There will always be people that want that armor now! It's why the genre is as it is currently.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

lol I won't reply to you after this as you are obviously a sad little troll
    your first response didnt merit a decent reply, so dont pretend like it did by calling her a troll for giving as much effort as you did. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post
    Why don't you just open a shop and let people sub to tokens and be done with it. With the growing weeks and months of playing this game I become ever more sure its just going to be a kids trinket based fluff game as a way of feeding sweets as an excuse for maintaining subs. I just don't get it sorry. There was only one thing since launch that was introduced as a form of reward that was worthwhile, and everything else has been a thinly diguised attempt at sub boosting. Trouble is I just find myself scratching my head and thinking why the hell I keep playing. Sorry for that. Still waiting for something meaningful, purposeful and enjoyable to pass my time in game. I don't go in for all this vanity crap so nothing for me there.

And as a PS its a bit like cry wolf for me this nonsense, cus after the Dragon Mote turtle promotion rubbish, the half year nonsense and now this I guess I am just getting blind to the supposed word 'reward'. The creators here have a very strange concept of what that means... or not. I say not cus if I have interpreted the intention correctly as a paying sub gamer from launch I can really just ignore all of it.... can't I. Can't I ? Its a question by the way. And be honest.
    DID the complaint dept come to town. good grief Trion is pretty much the only game company that i have experianced so far that goes out of its way too give the customer stuff and add stuff and try to make the customer happy. they arent like some money grubbing company that rarely gives out gifts like Cough ( Actiblision)
    If people do not like the free stuff then just delete it and go about playing something you arent happy with.

I for one like the free stuff there giving out and have been wanting an outfit like the sanctum gaurds have for awhile now.

Long live Rift and Trion
    Amber
    Im a little dark rain cloud hovering here over the honey tree, for every one knows a rain cloud wont eat honey not a drip.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast