+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: I have never stepped foot in a raid

Default I have never stepped foot in a raid

How about you? Have you never been in a RIFT raid? Do you want to raid?

Me? I love that I feel no need to raid what so ever. I was a progression raider for about 3 years in the other game. I cringe now a days when I hear raid. I just dont want to pve.

I bet there are a lot of people out there however who have not raided in RIFT but want to. Are you one? Whats holding you back?

I'd rather eat razor blades than raid again right now. I raided for years in another game that wasn't WoW and got sick to death of the ego's that come with it.

Spending hours on end with people that think pixels = reality. No thanks.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    I'd rather eat razor blades than raid again right now. I raided for years in another game that wasn't WoW and got sick to death of the ego's that come with it.

Spending hours on end with people that think pixels = reality. No thanks.
    It sounds like you just weren't playing with the right kind of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikagawa View Post
    It sounds like you just weren't playing with the right kind of people.
    I think I just raided for too long.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Pompei View Post
    How about you? Have you never been in a RIFT raid? Do you want to raid?
    I helped my guild with raiding for about a month while I was unemployed and had no classes to attend. I don't mind raiding, but just not interested as much as doing more casual activities available in the game. So I guess I'd say no to wanting to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompei View Post
    I bet there are a lot of people out there however who have not raided in RIFT but want to. Are you one? Whats holding you back?
    If I had to say anything was holding me back it'd be that I personally don't spend much time in playing video games and the most time I'll really "dedicate" to RIFT is the time it takes for an expert dungeon run.(which is usually around an hourish at most)
    Last edited by Typrop; 09-18-2011 at 03:46 PM.

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

More raids \o/

i rather spend my free time raiding with guildies as instance running, shame i cant half the time :/

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

Rift Chaser

I've been in some daily rift raids but haven't stepped foot in a Rift raid zone nor do I have the desire.

I've raided somewhat in other games but think that my raiding days are mostly over. I just don't have the patience or energy anymore. Seems my life has gotten very hectic all of a sudden and I like the option to just doddle around when I play whether it be solo play or a dungeon, or simply spend an evening with a good book and glass of wine. Love the freedom of not being tied to a game schedule.

I have enjoyed raiding in past games and especially if you find a nice group of friends.

I was in a raiding guild for a while. I wasnt fond of raiding, but it was something to do besides bounce around sanctum on my valmera waiting for WF queues. I quickly learned that you can't be a casual raider. I quickly learned that my tolerance for people nerd rageing on vent was a little low. I quickly learned that raids don't happen on your schedule, you happen on raids schedule. I quickly learned raiding wasn't worth the headache.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

I think I want to Raid -- once. Like "Cool, so this is GSB? Nice fights, bye guys".

The raider's life is not for me, but I still really want to see the instances and boss fights that the "raiders" do. (Oh don't worry, I'm not after your gear -- you can keep that crap)

Rift Raids are enough of a headache for me, I don't need to make a friggen career out of it. Sheesh.

So I guess that what's holding me back is a tolerance for sitting around forming plans. I'm that tank that says "Cool, you'll heal me? We got a few guys on AOE? Awesome -- Geronimo!" Not a Leeroy Jenkins, but I also don't want to spend the rest of tonight planning a fight.

It's part of the reason I'm so pumped about the upcoming Chronicles -- all the Instance and Story you can handle, with none of the 4-hour cluster**** that you can't.
    Last edited by Morvick; 09-18-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

I've never been in a Rift raid and I have no desire to. I just don't have the time for it. Rift, and other games, is a casual divergence for me where I can 'get away' for an hour or so. Nothing more.
    Vostof: Defiant Level 50 Cleric - Shatterbone
    Juaman: Defiant Level 50 Warrior - Shatterbone
    Crazyeyeskilla: Defiant Level 50 Rogue - Shatterbone
    Beerme: Guardian Level 50 Rogue - Shatterbone
    Kirery: Guardian Level 50 Warrior - Shatterbone

I Raid but my guild are a great bunch so it is always a lot of fun.
    Hoss

I keep coming across some mistaken perceptions of raiding in Rift on these forums, and in this thread.

Raiding in Rift is not like you've seen in other games.

The whole thing can be done fairly quickly. For example, the last Drowned Halls I did, I took a 1 hr potion at the start and it was still on when we finished. Seriously no longer than your typical DSMx T2 run.

The other raids can also be done fairly quickly. There's no difficult break-ins, trash is pretty light, and there are good stopping points if your raid group wants to break it up into a couple of trips.

There's no flagging or key quests to access the raids.

From raid rifts on, it's all very amenable to a casual play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    I keep coming across some mistaken perceptions of raiding in Rift on these forums, and in this thread.

Raiding in Rift is not like you've seen in other games.

The whole thing can be done fairly quickly. For example, the last Drowned Halls I did, I took a 1 hr potion at the start and it was still on when we finished. Seriously no longer than your typical DSMx T2 run.

The other raids can also be done fairly quickly. There's no difficult break-ins, trash is pretty light, and there are good stopping points if your raid group wants to break it up into a couple of trips.

There's no flagging or key quests to access the raids.

From raid rifts on, it's all very amenable to a casual play style.
    Slivers are far more casual friendly than raids, because it's easier to get a group of 10, even a PUG, together spontaniously. Raiding with 20 people requires much more dedication, to the point of scheduling to make sure everyone is on, and that's when it starts being unfriendly to casuals.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    I think I want to Raid -- once. Like "Cool, so this is GSB? Nice fights, bye guys".

The raider's life is not for me, but I still really want to see the instances and boss fights that the "raiders" do. (Oh don't worry, I'm not after your gear -- you can keep that crap)

Rift Raids are enough of a headache for me, I don't need to make a friggen career out of it. Sheesh.

It's part of the reason I'm so pumped about the upcoming Chronicles -- all the Instance and Story you can handle, with none of the 4-hour cluster**** that you can't.
    THIS.... then some more of this! hits the nail on the head

Rift Chaser

I haven't raided at all in Rift. I used to be a so-called "hardcore raider" in WoW, but ever since I quit I'm finding I love the free time. Rift just failed to grasp me in enough ways to make raiding seem appealing. I also have huge suspicions that it would be in any way satisfying after raiding in WoW; for every boss strat I read, I find I can correlate it to a WoW boss that was much more challenging.
    Last edited by Rayner; 09-18-2011 at 06:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast