+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 433
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Trion: Solo Level 50 Players are just bored to death leading to Cancelling of Account

  1. #166
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorx View Post
    There is no way to make a fight hard enough for a solo player to warrant rewards on par with that kind of challenge.
    This is simply an untrue statement.

    If a single player meets instant death in an on level 20 man raid, yet that same single player can faceroll a 20 man raid of 30 levels below them (WoW for example) - then there has to be a huge scale in between, comprising 1000's of variables where the difficulty and challenge changes.

    IB4 the different classes argument.

    Rift's soul system is by far the most capable of addressing this.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 09-20-2011 at 03:08 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

  2. #167
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorx View Post
    Contradiction:
    • One person kills something, gets all rewards
    • Ten people kill it, they split the rewards
    Means that the solo player got more.

    20man raid gear is PvE-BiS not because Trion favors people who play with others, it's because that content is legitimately harder than anything you could ever build for a solo player ever. It's a reward for completing the hardest (PvE) content in the game. It should be better than solo content. There is no way to make solo content harder than 20man content, unless something was made purposefully to never be completed, not a "so impossible that you have to be overgeared to win", a "so impossible that only a GM with /kill commands can complete this area". Being solo is hard yes, but in the end what you're doing is weighing your stats and wits against the enemy's. So, what every RPG ever has been about, more or less. With group content comes an added factor however, the wits of your allies. I cannot count the amount of times I've been in a raid, or even just a 5man, where one person's lack of wits doomed the entire group. With every added person to a group, the amount of people who can mess up increases. If you complete something solo, it's because you didn't mess up to the point where your stats & wits couldn't allow you to recover (or your stats/wits weren't good enough to begin with). If you complete something in a group of X people. It's because X people didn't mess up to the point where they couldn't recover. And while being in a group brings useful things like, being able to be revived, there are multiple fights that are based around "one person messes up, you're all gone". There is no way to make a fight hard enough for a solo player to warrant rewards on par with that kind of challenge.

    I agree it'd be nice to see some new flavor to solo content, but complaining seems to be kind of silly at this point considering we're getting some soon anyway. Chronicles are built for 1/2 people, Attunement is open to anybody, there's a new world event, and you got a new vendor for high-end planar currency. And to be honest, Minor Zone Invasions are incredibly fun to solo (Takes forever though). If you want more than that, try hitting up your Achievement list. Zone stuff is mostly all solo, as is Planes and Character. If you need even more, well, wait around a bit, there's bound to be more to come as time passes. Heck, we're getting a load this patch and that's a month worth of development time. Not a shabby dev time at all, could be far worse, Trion could run off Valve time.
    I vote for same drops and BiS items for soloable content like for 20 Man RAID. Just with drop% ajusted approprietary ( usually 1/20) of RAID content. Its gives somthing to do

  3. #168
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    correction
    ...I vote for same drops and BiS items for soloable content like for 20 Man RAID. Just with drop% ajusted approprietary ( usually 1/20) of RAID content. Its gives somthing to do for smallgroupers and gives them chance even with more effort to gear themself up and be ready for group/raid playtime. You think you have to be only able to get BiS becasue you can spend 4 hours at once and have 20 people to do it with you? If you argue to MMORPG i have to advice last three letter "RPG" ...and espetially last one "G"...That refers to game...aka doing somthing and not sitting in main city awating for raid and chatting.
    Someone spending 12 hours in dungeon without any help of mates deserve more then someone who spend 4x3 hours and is outgeared just by 3 runs. Being full healed and roflstomped over farmed bosses

  4. #169
    Shield of Telara Aastarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    correction
    ...I vote for same drops and BiS items for soloable content like for 20 Man RAID. Just with drop% ajusted approprietary ( usually 1/20) of RAID content. Its gives somthing to do for smallgroupers and gives them chance even with more effort to gear themself up and be ready for group/raid playtime. You think you have to be only able to get BiS becasue you can spend 4 hours at once and have 20 people to do it with you? If you argue to MMORPG i have to advice last three letter "RPG" ...and espetially last one "G"...That refers to game...aka doing somthing and not sitting in main city awating for raid and chatting.
    Someone spending 12 hours in dungeon without any help of mates deserve more then someone who spend 4x3 hours and is outgeared just by 3 runs. Being full healed and roflstomped over farmed bosses
    I ... just no. People REALLY have this big a sense of entitlement? You want to be raid ready (and beyond) without actually, you know, raiding?
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

  5. #170
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    correction
    ...I vote for same drops and BiS items for soloable content like for 20 Man RAID. Just with drop% ajusted approprietary ( usually 1/20) of RAID content. Its gives somthing to do for smallgroupers and gives them chance even with more effort to gear themself up and be ready for group/raid playtime. You think you have to be only able to get BiS becasue you can spend 4 hours at once and have 20 people to do it with you? If you argue to MMORPG i have to advice last three letter "RPG" ...and espetially last one "G"...That refers to game...aka doing somthing and not sitting in main city awating for raid and chatting.
    Someone spending 12 hours in dungeon without any help of mates deserve more then someone who spend 4x3 hours and is outgeared just by 3 runs. Being full healed and roflstomped over farmed bosses
    Actually, there is another choice. Just do the raids solo, and if you win, you are guaranteed the loots.

    For every people who say raid is easy, but won't do it because of this reason or that reason.... that "this reason or that reason" is why raiding is not easy.

  6. #171
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    I vote for same drops and BiS items for soloable content like for 20 Man RAID. Just with drop% ajusted approprietary ( usually 1/20) of RAID content. Its gives somthing to do
    No. Now if you said people should get raid level rewards from some long quest line (see eq2 and search sword of destiny, claymore line, fabled epic quest line etc.) I would be with you. Heck even the new crafted armor, accessories and weapons work. You can get it done pretty quick if you have friends helping, if you are trying to do it alone, it is still doable it simply takes a little more time. However your idea seems to simply be "screw the time and effort , just use and rng." It is that very attitude that is at the heart of the whole animosity that exists between groupers and soloers.

  7. #172
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Bye!

    Rift is a massively multiplayer game (that's what the "MM" in MMORPG stands for, btw).

    This doesn't mean a lot of soloists sharing a server doing their own thing.

    The idea is that you do things with other people.

    There are tons of single player games out there. What makes MMORPGs special is the opportunity to do far more difficult content in groups with other players to enjoy both the thrill of the challenge and the social aspects of working with others.

    IMO, devs shouldn't overly cater to soloists at all (at end game). The new chronicles stuff is garbage - they should be making more 5-mans instead. Stick to what the genre is about isntead of catering to antisocial players who don't want to interact and/or can't handle and degree of challenge. If anything, they could instead add some shorter 5-mans so the people who claim to not have much time play (but still manage to be online hours and hours at a time and per week) have something to do in shorter bursts - but with other people.

  8. #173
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voqar View Post
    Bye!

    Rift is a massively multiplayer game (that's what the "MM" in MMORPG stands for, btw).

    This doesn't mean a lot of soloists sharing a server doing their own thing.

    The idea is that you do things with other people.

    There are tons of single player games out there. What makes MMORPGs special is the opportunity to do far more difficult content in groups with other players to enjoy both the thrill of the challenge and the social aspects of working with others.

    IMO, devs shouldn't overly cater to soloists at all (at end game). The new chronicles stuff is garbage - they should be making more 5-mans instead. Stick to what the genre is about isntead of catering to antisocial players who don't want to interact and/or can't handle and degree of challenge. If anything, they could instead add some shorter 5-mans so the people who claim to not have much time play (but still manage to be online hours and hours at a time and per week) have something to do in shorter bursts - but with other people.
    Mighdy fine tale there maw.

    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

  9. #174
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Massive amounts of Morons Oh yea and a Role Playing Game

    No where does it say 5 - 10 - 20 - 25 - 40 work together only game.


    Nobody tells me how to play my game. If I solo this game then guess what I solo'd this game, deal with it lol.

  10. #175
    Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivencsky View Post
    Perhaps the impending loss of ROI will inspire the development team to reassess their priorities.
    They are going to lose me also, but it isn't really Trion's fault. They are doing a great job, and they've made a great game. It just isn't for me since I don't enjoy raiding, and I've known that since the beginning. I think it's a little silly (@OP) to say that Trion has had all of this time but done nothing, when the implication is that you've been sitting around waiting for the game to change.

    I really believe they've done their best to make the best game possible. In fact, I would argue that the open Warfront joiner and dungeon group maker actually make Rift very friendly to the solo/non-social player, at least compared to your ROI example, allowing you to get into lots of action on demand as a player who isn't involved and associated with a big guild. No, it's not solo content, but it's still lone wolf friendly.

    So. As a solo/duo preference myself, I disagree with you that Trion could or should have done anything different than they did.

    Even the main thing that concerns me now--looking at whether I will come back in the future and thinking of the stratospheric endgame gear differential favoring raiders (so as a solo player I would be less likely to return because of my perception that I'm just far behind and weak compared to everyone else (raiding people) who are going to keep playing the game)--is attenuated by the fact that Trion has added the top end crafted gear to allow you to keep improving as a non-raider if you want to.

    Why bother with that crafted gear if there is nothing to do as a solo/duo player? That's another story.

  11. #176
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    379

    Default

    The best MMOs work well solo or teamed.

    RIFT is not designed with that sort of model, there is a complete lack of replayability in the solo levelling content, and no real solo endgame. For the solo player it's at most level one character of each class to 50 on your chosen side then maybe run the content once on the other side then you're done.

    This is sad as I actually like the game, but my original guild have all pretty much given up, and the other guild I tried treated me like a 10th class citizen because for various reasons I can't use voice comms.

  12. #177
    joi
    joi is offline
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    455

    Default

    I am a raider, a group person. Even then I am done....

    3 major guilds have evaporated on my server, we are not talking transfers or guild hopping: most the people quit the game including my guild, which is currently dead.

    It's not just the soloers.
    Last edited by joi; 09-20-2011 at 02:17 PM.

  13. #178
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joi View Post
    I am a raider, a group person. Even then I am done....

    3 major guilds have evaporated on my server, we are not talking transfers or guild hopping: most the people quit the game including my guild, which is currently dead.

    It's not just the soloers.
    I don't know about your server but most of the guilds that had/have issues on my server to be honest were ones who suffered dellusions of grandure. I was a hard core raider elsewhere. I came here to take a break. I found a guild with an attitude of "lets raid, everyone gets a chance to raid, stuff will die when it dies, don't sweat it."

    This guild survives and picks up the pieces of the following guilds because we still manage to kill stuff. Guilds that heard "raiding in Rift is way easier than elsewhere" so they came here expecting mobs to fall down like bowling pins. When it didn't happen elitist nerd rage started and guilds imploded because a couple key players rolled out, some quit, others server transfered, whatever and the rest fell like a house of cards.

    Also some of the guilds are CRAP guilds tbh. This week my guild got 6 apps. All from the same guild. The reason? They literally logged in to see the guild without announcement had been disbanded by the GL for whatever reason.

    In over a decade of MMO's I have found few guilds that survive unscathed. Every guild I know of at some point has fallen apart. The ones ith good reputations that maintained key meembers may have risen from the ashes, but guilds rise and guilds fall for a miriad of reason. Always have always will.
    Last edited by Galibier; 09-20-2011 at 02:32 PM.

  14. #179
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goggley View Post


    Nobody tells me how to play my game. If I solo this game then guess what I solo'd this game, deal with it lol.
    Hmmm but I thought the point of this thread was that there wasn't enough that you could solo in the game?

  15. #180
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Right now the best instanced solo/duo action is ap cc rd and lh. They all can be fun and a challenge depending on gear/spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts