+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Auvic

Thread: Fall Damage query

Default Fall Damage query

Does anyone actually feel that fall damage should be in the game? I don't see a need for it. Especially when it can CRIT!!!! (although, I'm not sure what the go with it is? It comes up in bigger text like a crit would, but are there damage multipliers?)

just wondering what other's think about it. post your feedback on your opinion of Fall Damage.
    Rogues do it from behind

Shunpo <Goon Squad> R8 Rogue

i think there should be fall dmg, but i also think its a little too sensitive atm.

Soulwalker

I die at least 2 times a day due to falling but it is my fault

Ascendant

fall damage is good.

I'd prefer not having any falling damage.

I think it seems a bit high right now, especially given all the unclimbable hills.

Roll a dwarf.

I think fall damage is pointless and adds nothing to the game.

I've seen it crit, but the number isn't any more damage than a normal falling damage hit.

Oh, and here you go!
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Telaran

I like fall damage quite alot. I don't really see any reason for why it ought to be removed, aside from people being too lazy/careless to watch their step, and being unwilling to collect their body/pay the fee to rez at the graveyard.

Is it sensitive? Sure. Is it relatively realistic? Most definitely.
    Me, personally? I'd rather not somehow manage to slide my way down a two-hundred foot mountain and have nothing to show for it than a little dust on my shoes.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    Roll a dwarf.
    I tried that and the little **** got back up and killed me, they do not roll well.

I do die daily from falling, usually when artifact hunting and thinking I can slide down there just fine only to splat, and there is one point in Iron Pine Peak I always fall off of, its almost a habit now, that said, I think it should stay in the game, and I do love nothing more than sending Defiants off of cliff tops to their death when I find them at the right point. At least it does not make that sickening noise you used to get in LoTRO when you fell. That did sound like snapping bones and used to make me fell ill.

Plane Touched

I told you not to try to roll me!!
    Oh, and I loved that sound ! Cerick! bone go snap.

I don't mind it tbh and as an avid artifact hunter I've left smears at the bottom of every mountain in the game.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    i think there should be fall dmg, but i also think its a little too sensitive atm.
    To say the least. I've died on perfectly flat ground from fall damage. No joke.

Soulwalker

I like the fall damage personally. The fall 300ft and not die thing was fun in DMC, but in rift it seems appropriate to hurt yourself falling. I don't know if damage reduction comes into play for this type of damage but there should be a couple ways to lower damage taken stat wise(without items). I have fallen a couple times but its my own fault for climbing so high. If you really wanna fall 300 feet and walk away from it, do it while your already dead ;). Finding shortcuts and exploring hard to reach places should always come with risk, since there are no monsters high on the mountain, the fall damage does this.

Something you need to remember when adventuring and taking fall damage a lot. Artifact hunting etc.

Have as small a hp pool as you can and highest heals you can.

On my cleric I can buff up to 13k for example.

For ease lets say 10k, I fall a distance in two stages, taking dmg twice.
    First I take damage equal to 90% of my total hp pool.
    I have 1k left but I am still falling I use a pot which heals me 2300 = 3300 hp left.
    Second distance is smaller, I take less dmg but that dmg is still a % of my full HP pool, say 40% = 4k = dead.

Now lets say I only have 5k.
    90% of my total hp pool
    I have 500 hp left, I use that same pot which heals me for 2300, = 2800 hp left.
    The second fall taking 40% of my full hp pool leaves me with 800 hp = alive.

As for heals, if you have them they will do more to the lower pool build than the higher with fall dmg being a set % of full bar. Also regen is a lot higher ratio wise in a smaller pool for the added up little dmgs taken while hopping about.

Small hp pool FTW.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 09-18-2011 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread