+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: I was %100 wrong!

Soulwalker

Default I was %100 wrong!

So I remember hearing about this game when it was first coming out. I saw some gameplay vids and remember thinking. "Did WoW get new graphics or something?" Release trailers would come out and more gameplay vids, and all the while I just kept on saying. "WoW clone!" In the normal nerd tone of voice. Then a buddy of mine tries to tell me about the classes, poorly. Informing me that there were Warriors, Clerics, Mages and Rouges. I was like, "Four classes! In this day and age? FAIL!" Like I said, he kinda skipped the finer points of the class system

Now at the time I was playing Aion, and truly thought there was little to nothing that could get me away from NCsoft's graphicly stunning powerhouse. Then my room mate goes to Gen Con for a week, and on his return he has a goodie bag. He reaches into this bag and says. "Dude. Check it out! They gave me a free copy of Rift!" I answered with a smug smile "Oh? Are they just handing out free copies of it now? Wow, it must really suck." I laughed like a goober and continued to play Aion.

So about three weeks goes by and I awake to hear new sounds coming from my big bad computer, these sounds were not that of Aion's make. My room mate was playing Rift and going through the tutorial area. I look blankly at the screen while he says, "It's pretty fun." I shrug my shoulders and walk away. Flash forward about another week, Aion is down for something, I have nothing to do, chores are done, for the most part. I don't feel like watching anything on TV, You Tube, etc etc, I rap my fingers on the computer desk as I hear my room mates voice echo through my head "You should at least try it. Ya never know."

Well ten hours later I am blazing through Silverwood having a blast with the Rift events and quests. I am still just blown away by the class system and the sheer amount of tweaking you can do to it. I call up my buddy that told me about the classes the first time and call him a moron and hang up the phone.

My room mate and I are in our second week of playing now. I have turned off my Aion account and now Play Rift solely. So I guess the old adage is true, don't ever judge a book by it's cover. Well a game in this case. My name is Nickademus, and I am on the Greenscale sever if you feel like kicking me in the nuts for being a pretentious prick, for I do deserve it lol. I was %100 wrong about this game

Hello and Welcome to Telara...enjoy your stay!
    Hoss

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss616 View Post
    Hello and Welcome to Telara...enjoy your stay!
    Glad you're enjoying yourself. Just give it a month or two.

Soulwalker

My experience was similar. Played LOTRO for ages, and really enjoyed it. I had a bunch of friends that came to Rift, and all seemed really taken with it. So I read some about it and kinda thought the whole thing was "meh". So after a while, I finally took the time to check out some video reviews for the game, and was impressed enough to give it a whirl. I got a trial account and downloaded the client, and within hours was certain I'd be purchasing. And I did.

I had a similiar experience. Sony went down for an extended stay and so no EQ. I wandered into Rift and haven't looked back. Welcome.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Rift Master

Hiya Nick, names Tatersaladin, But my friends call me Tater. I came here at headstart when the game released and I instantly fell in love. Even through the mass security hacks, some nasty bugs, and all the pvp balance QQ I sucked it up and stayed. I came from WoW back when WoW was... well more loved and stayed their through Wraith and ended my time there in very early Cata.

I am not looking forward to Swtor, I am not looking forward to GW2, I love Rift and Telara is my home and I am happy to see you have made it a home for you and your roomie. Please do yourself a favor and try to stay off Rift forums their full of harsh nitwits that wanna complain, QQ and brag about other silly mmo's that are/may be coming out in the next few months but I'm here for now and hope you can take a few tips kindly.

1. join a guild. Trust me it helps to make friends this way.
    2. Try and be polite even when someone is rude. Don't worry about some jerk, focus on your friends in your guild.
    3. Rift does some pretty fast patching and is catching up swiftly to other mmo's that have been out longer. You get bored, toy with an alt. Tank, and Healing in this game can be super cool and super fun to learn and it gets you faster ques for LFG.
    4. READ up on future patch notes to see what's coming our way. So far we're getting Master mode dungeons that are going to be really hard versions of experts, some more soloable content that does with the back lore of our raids, and advanced levels. Also their is talk about them bringing in some RvR soon to and a new added raid. So plenty on the way and stay tuned in and to see what's going on.
    5. oh did i mention add-ons on the way?
    Last edited by Tatersaladin; 09-15-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by randmthght View Post
    I am still just blown away by the class system and the sheer amount of tweaking you can do to it.
    Regardless of whether you love or hate Rift, the sheer flexibility and customization allowed within each class should become the new gold standard for MMOs.

I for one, love it, and it's going to be very, very difficult to switch to any other MMO that wants to take us 5 years back in time with a very rigid talent structure (*cough cough* ToR *cough cough*).

Welcome aboard! It only gets better the more souls you get and the more points you have to play with!
    Last edited by ironzerg; 09-15-2011 at 10:13 AM.

welcome. i, myself, also came from aion. i dont understand why so many "give it two months". i've been here since cb3. i still have fun. it's maybe i'm a alt-aholic, but still manage to get 2 chars to 50 with 1 fully t2-geared.

what keeps me here really are my friends, soul system and trion. yes, trion. they have been great with putting out new contents. again, i dont know how people plow through them so quickly.
    Last edited by Jaserion; 09-15-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by randmthght View Post
    So I remember hearing about this game when it was first coming out. I saw some gameplay vids and remember thinking. "Did WoW get new graphics or something?" Release trailers would come out and more gameplay vids, and all the while I just kept on saying. "WoW clone!" In the normal nerd tone of voice. Then a buddy of mine tries to tell me about the classes, poorly. Informing me that there were Warriors, Clerics, Mages and Rouges. I was like, "Four classes! In this day and age? FAIL!" Like I said, he kinda skipped the finer points of the class system

Now at the time I was playing Aion, and truly thought there was little to nothing that could get me away from NCsoft's graphicly stunning powerhouse. Then my room mate goes to Gen Con for a week, and on his return he has a goodie bag. He reaches into this bag and says. "Dude. Check it out! They gave me a free copy of Rift!" I answered with a smug smile "Oh? Are they just handing out free copies of it now? Wow, it must really suck." I laughed like a goober and continued to play Aion.

So about three weeks goes by and I awake to hear new sounds coming from my big bad computer, these sounds were not that of Aion's make. My room mate was playing Rift and going through the tutorial area. I look blankly at the screen while he says, "It's pretty fun." I shrug my shoulders and walk away. Flash forward about another week, Aion is down for something, I have nothing to do, chores are done, for the most part. I don't feel like watching anything on TV, You Tube, etc etc, I rap my fingers on the computer desk as I hear my room mates voice echo through my head "You should at least try it. Ya never know."

Well ten hours later I am blazing through Silverwood having a blast with the Rift events and quests. I am still just blown away by the class system and the sheer amount of tweaking you can do to it. I call up my buddy that told me about the classes the first time and call him a moron and hang up the phone.

My room mate and I are in our second week of playing now. I have turned off my Aion account and now Play Rift solely. So I guess the old adage is true, don't ever judge a book by it's cover. Well a game in this case. My name is Nickademus, and I am on the Greenscale sever if you feel like kicking me in the nuts for being a pretentious prick, for I do deserve it lol. I was %100 wrong about this game
    I've run RotF with you! Small world.
    Epic Gendo

Ascendant

Being wrong isn't a bad thing.

Welcome to Rift.

Rift Chaser

To me, Rift has the best/most interesting/fun character and class system in any MMO I've ever played, and that goes back to UO. The ability to change specs on the fly several times over is genius.

Plane Touched

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

I've been enjoying it since March and have altitus as well but love how Trion is so dedicated in giving us such a polished product in a short time... I've never seen content, patching, and events like this from any other MMO. There is always room for improvement and that's exactly what Trion is doing!

Happy Hunting!

I came from Aion as well. I miss a lot from there, especially the beautiful armor and weapons, but RIFT has a lot to offer Aion does not.

Have fun! and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I had a similiar experience. Sony went down for an extended stay and so no EQ. I wandered into Rift and haven't looked back. Welcome.
    Ha that's how I got a copule of my friends to join Rift. The hacking of Sony's network and the drop of the online play allowed all my EQ2 diehards to jump ship.
    My YouTube Gaming Channel: www.youtube.com/saintavalon
    Thanks for the fun time Trion and Belmont Guardians for the Extra Life Event!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdh View Post
    Glad you're enjoying yourself. Just give it a month or two.
    Been beta testing the game since Nov 2010 and started playing from the first week and I still enjoy the game.
    Hoss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast