Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: /Report AFK!!

Default /Report AFK!!

It doesn't work, basically. It can't do, for the past three days we have had the same person auto running in warfronts, he's been reported numerous times by a lot of people and I mean a lot, but yet he's still in warfront's AFK'ing.

So how does the system work? Does it work, because on this evidence it's broken and does nothing.

Ascendant

dunno how exactly the afk thing works, but they are probably using a bot of some sort to make them cast spells/run randomly, etc.

I kicked someone from afk today, so I know it is in fact working .

Telaran

What's their ign? Maybe it's the same bloke that has been AFK in all the warfronts i've been in. Is it XXXX?

XD

Report AFK does nothing as far as im aware. I think a simple registered movement is all it takes to remove the kick status.

O wells report to GM and hope it builds, they'll probably do nothing but it's better than just ignoring the player.
    Last edited by Gill; 09-13-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: name & shame

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    It doesn't work, basically. It can't do, for the past three days we have had the same person auto running in warfronts, he's been reported numerous times by a lot of people and I mean a lot, but yet he's still in warfront's AFK'ing.

So how does the system work? Does it work, because on this evidence it's broken and does nothing.
    Yeah I can say it's working too.

5 different players have to report them. After that they're checked for inactivity and if they don't move/cast, whatever, they're kicked.

Probably the same *word* that afk'd in wf's all weekend. Makes my blood boil!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

I can't name and shame on these forums can I The first name begins with XXXXl.... He is using some kind of bot/autorun, I've been yelling the Defiants to come and kill him, not that it makes a difference, he still get's xp/favour regardless.

It is just really really annoying, especially when you have no mechanism to get rid of players like that.
    Last edited by Gill; 09-13-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: name & shame

Yeah, the AFK only works for people who aren't using some means of moving their character. It's a crappy system, imo.

I too get a bit miffed when im trying my best to win a WF and there is an player clearlly Afking. nothing you can do but report them and if they move just a tad it gets removed from the afk thing so its basiclly only helpfull if they never move. i personally think it should be on an action type thing they have to either dps or heal to get removed. and if they arent actually afk but gaurding then have to type in not Afk in a text box to remove it.

just my two cents but i hope they instill a abillity to join pre made groups against other premade groups for the pvp guilds. that should help us stay more competitive.
    Im a little dark rain cloud hovering here over the honey tree, for every one knows a rain cloud wont eat honey not a drip.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post

AFK is different from boting.

Detecting bots takes substantially more time/effort on Trion's part.

Banned

If there is enough players to report them the system disregards any action the person does and just kicks them, it doesnt matter how much they move

I'm thinking quite a few of the afk'ers are boxed toons.

When it was asked in chat if *name* was there I received a reply in tell from another player.

*name* he's having a bio break.

Orly? Longest crap in history tbh, and every match?

I guess they (Trion) just have to be careful not to kick toons that are serving a function without moving.

at current client only option is:

no contribution = no reward

if you dont deliberately heal or damage someone you get jack ****

PERIOD

atm anyone can jus stand there and do nothing and get rewarded

lol@"pvp"
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 09-12-2011 at 07:10 PM.
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    at current client only option is:

no contribution = no reward

if you dont deliberately heal or damage someone you get jack ****

PERIOD

atm anyone can jus stand there and do nothing and get rewarded

lol@"pvp"
    why i would agree with you but if you just enter a match and see a stone or flag that needs gaurding and the timer runs out i think that would be unfair to a player
    Im a little dark rain cloud hovering here over the honey tree, for every one knows a rain cloud wont eat honey not a drip.

bs
    if your standing there the whole time without any conflict you dont deserve any PVP rewards
    you didnt PVP why should u get rewards?

callin total bs on this flag/stone guard bollix fight or get out
    who took my names!

bs
    if your standing there the whole time without any conflict you dont deserve any PVP rewards

Umm guarding is not total bs tbh. Although most times the guard will find conflict.

bs

Read it again.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast