Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: ... Guild Perks?

  1. #1
    Rift Master Rhendali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    641

    Default ... Guild Perks?

    I just recently got to look at the guild perks in the game and wanted to hear from those of you that got to actually test them. Some of the guild perks looked interesting but a lot of them were kind of lame. They all seem to depend on the dropping of a Banner that lasts for X amount of time and are separated into 2 groups: Combat Based Perks and Non-combat Based Perks. The combat banners that last 5 minutes seemed pretty solid. A few of the one minute ones (Foe Hunter, Blood Thirsty and Killing Spree) should, in my opinion be persistent passives. It makes more sense to me that the non-combat perks (Journey Man, Lucky Penny, Efficient Consumption, Favored Student, Shrewd Negotiator, and Earthly Tides) be made persistent passives as well. Summon Camp Banner and Faking It seem silly and, I think, should be removed completely and replaced by something worthwhile.

    I don't know exactly how the banners work so I have a few questions about them.
    1. Do you actually have to devote bag space to carrying all these banners?
    2. Does placing the banner trigger a global cool-down?
    3. What is the range on the banners?
    4. Can anyone in the guild drop one or only a person of a particular guild rank?
    5. Do you find them convenient and worthwhile?

    And finally, what do you guys think of the perks? What would you rather see as a perk or how would you prefer them to work?

    ~Rhen

    EDIT: Found another thread about this but they didn't answer any of my questions. However, there was an excellent screen-shot of the Perk descriptions so I'll post it here:
    EDIT #2: Made a prettier, more organized list to replace the screen-shots I found. (yeah, I was really bored)
    EDIT #3: Updated list as per current patch notes

    Last edited by Rhendali; 01-14-2011 at 09:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Onarye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Guild perks? Ive heard nothing about this hell idk if there implemented are they?
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

  3. #3
    Rift Master Rhendali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onarye View Post
    Guild perks? Ive heard nothing about this hell idk if there implemented are they?
    As I said, I didn't test any of them. I started my guild at midnight on Sunday and while looking through the guild ui (which I really like, btw) I came across the perks. Honestly, I was a little let down while reading through them, especially when I spoke with some of my friends that play WoW and they told me about their guild perks.

    ~Rhen

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Fearsyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhendali View Post
    As I said, I didn't test any of them. I started my guild at midnight on Sunday and while looking through the guild ui (which I really like, btw) I came across the perks. Honestly, I was a little let down while reading through them, especially when I spoke with some of my friends that play WoW and they told me about their guild perks.

    ~Rhen

    WoW's guild perk system is set in a way to help level new characters faster, and to get to the content of the veteran players to the new guys/toons sooner. In a way its just helping you grind faster to get to level 85 which to me and lots of true MMO players, is a way of dumbing the game down and making it easy mode rather than having the player work for his levels and skill. The way that Rift is set up with its unique class system, is to ahve the player not need to re-roll and grind back up to level 50, unless of course you want a totally different Archetype and at which the grind is well deserved.
    Last edited by Fearsyn; 01-11-2011 at 03:49 PM.

  5. #5
    Rift Master Rhendali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearsyn View Post
    WoW's guild perk system is set in a way to help level new characters faster, and to get to the content of the veteran players to the new guys/toons sooner. In a way its just helping you grind faster to get to level 85 which to me and lots of true MMO players, is a way of dumbing the game down and making it easy mode rather than having the player work for his levels and skill. The way that Rift is set up with its unique class system, is to ahve the player not need to re-roll and grind back up to level 50, unless of course you want a totally different Archetype and at which the grind is well deserved.
    Thank you for sharing your opinion, but the point of my post wasn't to compare Rift's guild perks to those of WoW. On paper, some of the Rift perks sound okay but I'd tweak how some of them work. I want to know more about the perks in THIS game and what the people who have tested them think.

    ~Rhen

  6. #6
    Soulwalker Alynna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I agree completely with Fearsyn. Not to hyjack the point of your thread that has valid questions, but the guild perks he mentions are pointless. I hate seeing people get boosts that allow them to grind quickly to the higher levels. This produces players with no knowledge of their toons abilities or roles.
    The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Alente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    We tested a few of these during the betas and they certainly work, obviously the guild summon banner is the best thing since sliced bread.

    Others have varying levels of value, some are more short-sighted and will quickly outlive their usefulness while others will be desired even at 50. But then some of those limited use abilities will speed up your content progression so if you're racing to that end-game perhaps investing in those instead of the PvP talents would be preferable.

    The trick then becomes what does your guild want? Some talents cater towards the PvP inclined while others are more PvE or trader friendly. A few in there would even be useful for a crafting alt guild.
    Last edited by Alente; 01-11-2011 at 03:57 PM.

  8. #8
    Rift Master Rhendali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alente View Post
    obviously the guild summon banner is the best thing since sliced bread.
    Yeah, that one definitely seemed HAWT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alente View Post
    We tested a few of these during the betas and they certainly work. . . Others have varying levels of value, some are more short-sighted and will quickly outlive their usefulness while others will be desired even at 50. But then some of those limited use abilities will speed up your content progression so if you're racing to that end-game perhaps investing in those instead of the PvP talents would be preferable.
    Thank you so much. Now we know that the perks are definitely incorporated. Could you possibly address some of the questions from the OP, please?

    I don't know exactly how the banners work so I have a few questions about them.
    1. Do you actually have to devote bag space to carrying all these banners?
    2. Does placing the banner trigger a global cool-down?
    3. What is the range on the banners?
    4. Can anyone in the guild drop one or only a person of a particular guild rank?

  9. #9
    RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Behind you.
    Posts
    3,414

    Default Full list of guild perks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alente View Post
    We tested a few of these during the betas and they certainly work, obviously the guild summon banner is the best thing since sliced bread.

    Others have varying levels of value, some are more short-sighted and will quickly outlive their usefulness while others will be desired even at 50. But then some of those limited use abilities will speed up your content progression so if you're racing to that end-game perhaps investing in those instead of the PvP talents would be preferable.

    The trick then becomes what does your guild want? Some talents cater towards the PvP inclined while others are more PvE or trader friendly. A few in there would even be useful for a crafting alt guild.
    Is there a full, comprehensive list of the Guild Perks? I never got a chance to see the Guild UI in person, and would love to see descriptions for most of them.

    What I know about Banners;
    - All Guild abilities are paid for with Guild Tokens (20 to a stack)
    - Guild Banners, fueled by one token per cast, are Spells.
    - You need to stay within 5 or 10 meters of the Banner, lest it disappear.
    - Anyone can drop a banner methinks, but so too can anyone cancel it... maybe the Rank of Casting can be controlled by the Guildmaster?
    - Your banner operates on a 1-hour personal cooldown that isn't shared to guildmates
    Last edited by Morvick; 01-11-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Alyvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhendali View Post
    I don't know exactly how the banners work so I have a few questions about them.
    1. Do you actually have to devote bag space to carrying all these banners?
    2. Does placing the banner trigger a global cool-down?
    3. What is the range on the banners?
    4. Can anyone in the guild drop one or only a person of a particular guild rank?
    5. Do you find them convenient and worthwhile?

    And finally, what do you guys think of the perks? What would you rather see as a perk or how would you prefer them to work?
    1) ya use guild rally tokens, which come in stacks of 20, for every summon/temp buff one is used
    2) yes, a gcd on only banners of 30 seconds
    3) Not sure, its fairly large though (covers most of a rifts ground if set in the middle)
    4) Ranking has to be set, but generally everyone can set one, guild rally ones have their own settings though (not sure what happens if 2 go up, but doubt its good)
    5) yes

    perks = good and give us stuff to work too


    http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Alente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhendali View Post
    Yeah, that one definitely seemed HAWT!



    Thank you so much. Now we know that the perks are definitely incorporated. Could you possibly address some of the questions from the OP, please?

    I don't know exactly how the banners work so I have a few questions about them.
    1. Do you actually have to devote bag space to carrying all these banners?
    2. Does placing the banner trigger a global cool-down?
    3. What is the range on the banners?
    4. Can anyone in the guild drop one or only a person of a particular guild rank?
    1 - You simply use guild artifacts to summon banners, they stack in piles of 20 and cost 5 silver each. These artifacts are also used for most of the active-use guildskills.
    2 - I believe so, didn't really pay notice to it.
    3 - The buff banners have a fairly decent range for your guild mates, probably around 35 meters. Guild summon banner has no limitations on range.
    4 - Whether you can use them or not is decided by your guild master, it's an option in your guild permissions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    Is there a full, comprehensive list of the Guild Perks? I never got a chance to see the Guild UI in person, and would love to see descriptions for most of them.
    Might be one, if I had known people were so unaware of the system I'd have documented it xD
    Last edited by Alente; 01-11-2011 at 04:13 PM.

  12. #12
    Rift Master Rhendali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alynna View Post
    I agree completely with Fearsyn. Not to hyjack the point of your thread that has valid questions, but the guild perks he mentions are pointless. I hate seeing people get boosts that allow them to grind quickly to the higher levels. This produces players with no knowledge of their toons abilities or roles.
    No worries, I don't mind thread de-railing when I find the topic interesting. I'm just really hoping to have these questions answered, though I'm not entirely sure why as I have every intention of testing them myself in the next beta. lol. It's just the burning curiosity.

    I do agree with both you and Fearsyn to a degree. Players with minimal knowledge of their class irritate the crap out of me, but Lord knows I've seen plenty of people that don't know their characters at all even though they leveled in the normal fashion.

    After having that chat with my WoW buddies, I felt compelled to look up their guild perks and while ONE of them is geared toward expedited leveling (called Fast Track and has 2 ranks) a lot of them were just nifty little passive bonuses. Things like an increase to health and mana when resurrected by a guild member, increased movement speed of your ghost, In-game mail sent between guild members arriving immediately, mass resurrection. And there were a few others I thought were pretty nifty, if you have any interest in seeing them this is what my WoW buddies sent me:

    http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...guildperks.jpg

  13. #13
    Telaran Sylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Love Street
    Posts
    75

    Default

    The guild banners are awesome. Right now our guild only has the mana regen one and the rally banner. The mana one works great and so does the rally banner, but I had an issue with the rally tokens that you use to actually port to the banner. Seems that basically everything triggered the cool down. (can't remember how long it is..30min?). If I ported into a warfront, it triggered the cool down, recall triggered it, dying and respawning triggered it, going into an instance triggered it. Seems like a bug to me, but maybe that's how they are set up? We used them in the last beta a little and didn't seem to have issues, but of course we were not porting into PVP instances then either. This beta I was not able to use the port tokens at all as they were ALWAYS on cool down. Although, I could put the banners down with no issues.
    Last edited by Sylee; 01-11-2011 at 04:48 PM.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Fearsyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhendali View Post
    No worries, I don't mind thread de-railing when I find the topic interesting. I'm just really hoping to have these questions answered, though I'm not entirely sure why as I have every intention of testing them myself in the next beta. lol. It's just the burning curiosity.

    I do agree with both you and Fearsyn to a degree. Players with minimal knowledge of their class irritate the crap out of me, but Lord knows I've seen plenty of people that don't know their characters at all even though they leveled in the normal fashion.

    After having that chat with my WoW buddies, I felt compelled to look up their guild perks and while ONE of them is geared toward expedited leveling (called Fast Track and has 2 ranks) a lot of them were just nifty little passive bonuses. Things like an increase to health and mana when resurrected by a guild member, increased movement speed of your ghost, In-game mail sent between guild members arriving immediately, mass resurrection. And there were a few others I thought were pretty nifty, if you have any interest in seeing them this is what my WoW buddies sent me:

    http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...guildperks.jpg
    Lets not forget the Recruit a Friend program as well. Where you can level a character to 40+ in one day and get a special mount. I'm sorry but this is unacceptable, especially after knowing that you have done all the hard work leveling and gearing your character only to be totally slapped in the face by developers. And them just giving away levels because you brought them another subscriber. To me its saying that they are really all about the dollar bills and not the balance of the game. And yes every company is out there to make a profit, but they should do so at the same time as keeping that balance, which WoW does NOT do what so ever. And i apologize in advanced for bringing WoW into this, and i really hate to do it, but its just the best example to use because i feel that game has most of what we love and hate all in one game.
    Last edited by Fearsyn; 01-11-2011 at 04:53 PM.

  15. #15
    RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Behind you.
    Posts
    3,414

    Default

    I would like to see more perks with similar functionality to these, in RIFT... but its not a priority I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts