+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Lord Jedite
  • 1 Post By Behindya

Thread: 1.5 Test Shard Review for those not checking it out!

Telaran

Post 1.5 Test Shard Review for those not checking it out!

This is my in depth review of 1.5 Test, it's a bit of a mess, but read through if you want some info...otherwise skip to the last paragraph or so for a synopsis of everything.

Planar Atunement: Great great great addition, actually adds more reasons to grind mobs...I know, I know some people don't like to grind mobs...but it seems like a necessity anyway so you can get mats, and money and whatever else...but now you actually can make your character better by doing stuff you already were doing...this was a much needed change. I disagree with those of you stating it should be less than 500k per 100 PA points...it's actually only about 20 min per 100 points...and most of the abilites cost between 100-200 PA points...this is a timesink, and it's going to reward those that put time into it. The fact that you can choose whatever lure you want to always spawn a certain rift type also is awesome, and allows me in particular to finally max out my rift factions, since fire rifts dont exist when I play usually. Trion gets 8.5/10 for this...much needed addition.

Master Mode Dungeons: They arent hard enough, they are still buggy but I'm sure it'll be sorted out...the loot is really good in consideration of the not so hard difficulty...I won't say these are a bad idea, but I think they need slightly more tuned...they need a bit more challenge for the rewards they offer. I'd love to see all Dungeons available for Master Mode...this would add alot of reason to do 5 mans more often...maybe apply this idea to raids as well, I dunno, could cause issues..but if the MM Dungeons are offering T1 Raid Equal loots...aside from Artis, whats the point to hit T1 Raids anymore? Fun? We know how that works, try not to make the older raids obsolete...I hated that about other MMOs, dead areas, dead raids...not fun, and sad to see it happen. I've also had the idea, that you should be able to scale all existing content to the difficulty of the next progression of content, and recieve loot that is different "graphic/namewise" but generally the same as the newer raids...that is an idea I've always believed in and no one ever seems to do this...it makes people do content they ENJOY not because they are forced to goto new raids. Yes it's alot of programming to revamp encounters for every existing raid as well as make the new raid, but it shows ALOT of dedication on the part of the Dev..think about it. 7/10

Rogue Changes: Overall I am very pleased with what I've seen, I don't main a Rogue...but in general the changes were needed...there are going to be a few specs I think that are going to need to be analyzed and fixed. I don't want to mention them here, but a few builds are going to leave people scratching their head about what a rogue just did to them. 8/10

Chronicles of HK and GSB: Ok this is where I am totally confused...I played both of them completely through with another player. Maybe this is where I made a mistake, I am pretty well geared, the other guy was too...I have only 1 piece of T1 Raid Gear however...so maybe Im not very well geared, I dunno. Both of these Chronicles are EXTREMELY EASY...I mean...EXTREMELY...anyone with 1/3 of a working brain can complete these with another player...and most people with 3/4 of a brain could solo them without ever stepping foot in a T1 or T2 dungeon...it would take awhile sure, but it could be done. The loot rewards for these places are fitting for how easy it is, they arent game changing, they aren't even really all that great, the HK Chronicle needs to be longer...it's like not even 15-20 min long...I think you guys should aim for around 40-60 min on each Chronicle...that's casual enough for most people, hell your 5 Mans usually last longer than Chronicles for the majority of players.

Ok, now the positives...the lore, the voice acting and the general ideas of these Chronicles is AWESOME, freakin AWESOME...I cant state this enough, the ability to wander around in the actual zones of GSB and HK freely pwning everything in sight...it just plain rocks. I really like that part, the GSB Chronicle is almost perfect...HK needs work, other than that...not much else I can say. I score Chronicles a 6.5/10...but it could definately be a 9/10 very simply if they fix the difficulty to scale to a players gear...(add a gear score hint hint).

Runekeeper WF: Didn't get to test, but from what I've heard it's interesting, may update this thread if I ever can get into it.

Cleric Changes: I'm mostly a Cab and a Healer...I dont tank much...I dont melee dmg much, never been fond of it. Sigils going back to PBAOE is a great and needed change, I had macros before to GTAOE quickly and effectively...but now I wont need to click around like mad messing everything I'm attempting to do up...so for me personally these changes are fab...I haven't overly invested in crit...but for all clerics who have, this patch is a slap in the face totally...hopefully you guys think this through...cause if you don't you're going to upset the entire cleric community by changing the majority of Cleric DPS builds to not revolve around crit anymore...can we say we need a total reitemization of chain? Really? My score for this: Newer Clerics 8.5/10 Older Clerics 4.5/10

Warrior Changes: No idea, I hate my warrior, always have, prolly always will...hopefully they made warriors scale better at lower levels, instead of becoming wrecking balls at high levels and being cannon fodder at lower levels.

Mage Changes: I don't play my Mage as much and haven't seen a whole lot about Mage changes this patch, hopefully they got something new to play with.

Other Stuff: Swift Murdanitx seems to be changing to a scaling mount, hope this doesn't push through...if it does...I need 125 plat ASAP...but aww well...it was fun while it lasted...it's not game breaking but, yeah...whatever.

New Artifact sets related to Chronicles and I think Planar Atunement, good, always good to have new artifact sets to get some more coins so I can buy that cute little must have pet or hat.

Seacap Race...THIS...IS....AWESOME....please find a way to keep this daily quest in forever, I don't care what it takes...this is just alot of simple fun, no it's not hard...it's actually harder to fail than win...but damn, this was actually really cool, and I'd hate for it to go away forever after we're done with 1.4.

Overall I think 1.5 is shaping up to be a really good patch, yeah Rogues are going to be melting face for awhile, and then take a slap in the face when Slip Away gets nerfed, but I dunno..the Chronicles are awesome for a lore standpoint, but gameplay I think they need some work...the new WF...I think it's good, I dunno not enuff testers...the Planar Attunement is a wonderful idea, and I like all the cool stuff you can specialize in, the other class changes...Clerics got slapped around a bit from what I see....the others, not sure...Mastermode dungeons, not hard enough to warrant the loot issued...can be better, and want to see more dungeons for this new difficulty mode...but all in all, from what I've seen in about 3 hours...I give 1.5 Test a 7.5/10.

Great thank you
    Can I ask what gear you have currently that you were testing the dungeons with?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.

Sounds like he had T1-2 gear and one Raid T1 piece. So that would mean he'd be a bit overgeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Plane Walker

Great feedback, refreshing to see someone who can constructively criticise without whining.

Rift Chaser

I'd say 20 mins of fun are just about right for a two-man mission (although 30 mins would surely be ok, too). And yeah, if the rewards aren't all that great, they shouldn't be all that hard either, so to me it sounds as if Trion's on the right track here. Not EVERYTHING in a (end-)game needs to have Pain-in-the-Behind difficulty, you know? People who want to bash their heads against that sort of content can still do HK. And mind you that one of the points behind the Chronicles IS to show the content to the 90% of the players who do NOT raid, so I am actually not surprised that they are easy. They SHOULD be.

Sounds really awesome. Can't wait!

Thanks for the detailed post.

tldr?

Disguised QQ about rogues.

Rogues have been so bad for so long that any change to them QQ is sure to ensue. After 1.5 is released the tears from non rogues are going to be delicious. They started flowing the minute after rogue changes were put on the test server and this is only the beginning.

tldr my response? Deal with it.

- sincerely that rogue you've b-lined towards to get free favor for for months.
    Last edited by INCdex; 09-07-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by INCdex View Post
    tldr?

Disguised QQ about rogues.

Rogues have been so bad for so long that any change to them QQ is sure to ensue. After 1.5 is released the tears from non rogues are going to be delicious. They started flowing the minute after rogue changes were put on the test server and this is only the beginning.

tldr my response? Deal with it.

- sincerely that rogue you've b-lined towards to get free favor for for months.
    I don't know how you managed to troll this well constructed post, but you did. Bravo good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Behindya View Post
    I don't know how you managed to troll this well constructed post, but you did. Bravo good sir.
    It was skillfully done.

Are melee clerics viable? Cleric dps is just so low it's not even remotely viable. Which is sad.

I know mage dps was low but I don't play mages I hate casters. Warriors are too restrictive for me to get into.

I don't have a 50 and popped onto the test shard hoping there was a free 50 that I could test chronicles to see how well they are if I would like them, it's the determining factor for me. sadly there isn't.

Oh well.

eh i wouldn't say he was overgeared for Mastermode and if he's finding them easy in t1/2 and 1 raid piece then yes they need to be upped in difficulty. They are meant for groups already in full T2 and ready to raid just not able to field 10-20 players to actually raid (hey it happens), as well as give something for raiders to do in downtime. They are not meant for t1 geared people or fresh 50's.

Cleric change to pbae i can see being and issue on tryin to position themselves right to hit all the mobs and not get cleaved but otherwise.. eh, ok? *shrug* Personally if dps'ing and not a melee character then i'd like to stay as far away from mobs/bosses as possible to avoid any of the nasty effects they like to do but eh , I keep missing the test shard being unlocked so who knows.

Chronicles are meant for the casual new to 50 player if i remember correctly as well as just some extra lore. I thought they were supposed to however be scalable from an older post about them, but I could be wrong. 15-20minutes time isn't bad though, it's good for say those parents that play that can't sit through an hour long dungeon due to a child being a pain in rear or perhaps they just want to get their quick fix on a lunch break lol. Always a good thing to have a few short little fun tidbits here and there and not just the hour + long dungeon crawl etc.
    Kyrrianna - 50 Warrior - Guardian - Deepwood - Soul Master

Rift Disciple

Although I am not a big whiner and I come and go with the punches.. I am or would be really disappointed with Trion if they nerf Clerics anymore into the ground as they are. Right now there is NO reason to have more then 2-3 Clerics in a 20 man raid. Anymore then that you're hurting your Raid.

At one point in time Clerics were fairly balanced and all other Roles were up and downs. So Trion upped all the Roles but left Cleric alone as it was pretty well "balanced". However, doing this they left Clerics behind while everyone pushed forward. Why is it, as a mostly T3 geared Cleric and optimum builds that a fresh lvl 50 warrior with a few T2 pieces (and the hit of course) can parse higher then me? Not a QQ but an avid compliant.

I've heard it time and again, "Because Clerics can't have great heals and dps. It would be too OP in PvP!" To which I would reply, "I give two ****s about PvP, keep that **** out of my PvE". PvP is best left too game with real PvP. IE: Darkfall, Mortal Online, FPS's and hell even Guild Wars.

/shrug

+ Reply to Thread