Closed Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 526
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: I don't want to team with /ignored players!

  1. #376
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongus View Post
    Yet the most common form of correction (read trolling) on this forum is correcting peoples grammar,making fun of their spelling , etc. Imagine that lol
    So you're saying that only people who curse are the ones who play Grammarnazi on forums? If that's not the point you're trying to make then I have idea how this relates to this thread.
    Last edited by Reiz; 09-15-2011 at 08:17 AM.

  2. #377
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    So you're saying that only people who curse are the ones who play Grammarnazi on forums? If that's not the point you're trying to make then I have idea how this relates to this thread.
    I went a little off topic, mark it down to the 13 hour shift I worked before posting lol. My spelling and grammar were corrected earlier *eyeroll* so I found it ironic when someone made the post I quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

  3. #378
    Rift Disciple kansor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    127

    Default

    So it appears I am coming into this thread a little late and I have not read every page but if I may.....

    Am I the only one who thinks being civilized and being social are completely different. Someone using terms or phrases someone finds inappropriate is not anti social, it's disrespectful at best. As far as what is "words are inappropriate are only deemed that by the civilization you belong to. Is the word ***** inappropriate? No. It is a female dog. Now if I call a female human that same term than yes it is "disrespectful" not anti social. If I use the word commonly referred to as inappropriate when saying "I almost stepped in dog ****" then it is only inappropriate because you said so. Cursing or cussing as some say is anything said in anger. The word used is not inappropriate it is how you accept it.

    The word people use to explain sex comes from the old ages when you needed permission to make children in a kingdom. You hung a sign that said "Fornication Under Consent of the King". Every "cuss word has a legitimate meaning and use.

    It does not make you anti social if you use words considered by others as cuss words. It simply makes you disrespectful if you do it knowing that anyone in hearing distance might find it inappropriate.

  4. #379
    Rift Disciple Camil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Referring to the first page of this thread, how can I add a note to the ignored player? For some time I can only save one word in info window, everything after spacebar isn't saved.

  5. #380
    Prophet of Telara Erszebet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    Wish we could turn the "filter" off on the forums too, lame. It boils me what words get the * symbol treatment.
    Of course you do because theres nothing you would like more than to inflict your lack of class on as many people as possible.
    Everyone wants an

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    I also have no issue with every one getting a trophy. I think its a wonderful concept even in the real life version.

  6. #381
    Prophet of Telara Erszebet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    I'm amazed at how polarizing this thread is, funny, I mentioned he just give up and play Hello Kitty too. I mean, Hello Kitty would be PERFECT for Tap Tap, the cat has NO MOUTH!! No swear words, err...I meant "potty mouth" language in THAT game.
    Hello kitty and real life have alot in common then. In real life you can clear a room with disgusting speech. It amazes me that people wanting to steer clear of trailer park mouths in video games actually bothers you unless of course you have a doublewide of your own.
    Last edited by Erszebet; 09-15-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    Everyone wants an

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    I also have no issue with every one getting a trophy. I think its a wonderful concept even in the real life version.

  7. #382
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erszebet View Post
    Of course you do because theres nothing you would like more than to inflict your lack of class on as many people as possible.
    How does one person being able to turn their filter off affect you in any way shape or form? Not entirely sure you thought that one all the way through.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erszebet View Post
    Hello kitty and real life have alot in common then. In real life you can clear a room with disgusting speech. It amazes me that people wanting to steer clear of trailer park mouths in video games actually bothers you unless of course you have a doublewide of your own.
    And then there's the classic insult people because you think you are better than then because you choose not to swear. If you are an example of a person who is "classy" then I'll be glad to hang out with the people with the trailer park mouths, as you so eloquently put it. At least they generally have a good sense of humor and aren't so uptight that a single word in a line of text can bother them.
    Last edited by Reiz; 09-15-2011 at 09:21 AM.

  8. #383
    Prophet of Telara Morguloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    So it appears I am coming into this thread a little late and I have not read every page but if I may.....

    Am I the only one who thinks being civilized and being social are completely different. Someone using terms or phrases someone finds inappropriate is not anti social, it's disrespectful at best. As far as what is "words are inappropriate are only deemed that by the civilization you belong to. Is the word ***** inappropriate? No. It is a female dog. Now if I call a female human that same term than yes it is "disrespectful" not anti social. If I use the word commonly referred to as inappropriate when saying "I almost stepped in dog ****" then it is only inappropriate because you said so. Cursing or cussing as some say is anything said in anger. The word used is not inappropriate it is how you accept it.

    The word people use to explain sex comes from the old ages when you needed permission to make children in a kingdom. You hung a sign that said "Fornication Under Consent of the King". Every "cuss word has a legitimate meaning and use.

    It does not make you anti social if you use words considered by others as cuss words. It simply makes you disrespectful if you do it knowing that anyone in hearing distance might find it inappropriate.
    That's interesting, I'd heard another meaning behind the word, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, interesting word. I think I'll look into it a bit more now. Good perspective on this matter.

  9. #384
    Rift Disciple kansor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erszebet View Post
    Hello kitty and real life have alot in common then. In real life you can clear a room with disgusting speech. It amazes me that people wanting to steer clear of trailer park mouths in video games actually bothers you unless of course you have a doublewide of your own.
    Irony at it's best. Defending a side bent on remaining respectful by being disrespectful in your argument. Not saying I don't agree with your point but your choice in metaphors is questioning.

  10. #385
    Rift Disciple kansor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    That's interesting, I'd heard another meaning behind the word, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, interesting word. I think I'll look into it a bit more now. Good perspective on this matter.
    Yeah a lot of word history is mythical at best and mine may be incorrect but as it stands they all have a definition with meaning more than just a derogatory reference.

    Let us know what you find

  11. #386
    Prophet of Telara Morguloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erszebet View Post
    Hello kitty and real life have alot in common then. In real life you can clear a room with disgusting speech. It amazes me that people wanting to steer clear of trailer park mouths in video games actually bothers you unless of course you have a doublewide of your own.
    LOL, you and I are the VERY polar opposites I was referring to, nice. High brow and low brow engaged in a debate, time for a spot of tea my lady?

  12. #387
    Prophet of Telara Erszebet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    And then there's the classic insult people because you think you are better than then because you choose not to swear.
    Because I don't have to rely on "naughty words" as a crutch to articulate what I mean to say. Its not just me, all people who don't forcefully inflict their unecissary offensive language on others or embarass themselves in public are better.
    Everyone wants an

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    I also have no issue with every one getting a trophy. I think its a wonderful concept even in the real life version.

  13. #388
    Prophet of Telara Erszebet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    Irony at it's best. Defending a side bent on remaining respectful by being disrespectful in your argument. Not saying I don't agree with your point but your choice in metaphors is questioning.
    Why be respectul to someone on a soapbox over the fact that they can't be disrespectul?
    Everyone wants an

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    I also have no issue with every one getting a trophy. I think its a wonderful concept even in the real life version.

  14. #389
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erszebet View Post
    Because I don't have to rely on "naughty words" as a crutch to articulate what I mean to say. Its not just me, all people who don't forcefully inflict their unecissary offensive language on others or embarass themselves in public are better.
    If you say so. Most people don't really care what language others choose to use, especially in mmos. If you think your way is the only way then that's on you. But insulting others to try to prove your point just makes you look like an ***, too. Personally, I'd rather have fun playing a game than choose to get all bent out of shape because someone chose to use certain words you don't like.

    Just sayin.
    Last edited by Reiz; 09-15-2011 at 09:32 AM.

  15. #390
    Prophet of Telara Erszebet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    LOL, you and I are the VERY polar opposites I was referring to, nice. High brow and low brow engaged in a debate, time for a spot of tea my lady?
    What are those "VERY polar opposites," holding onto a shred of dignity vs totally throwing in the towel? Its not like I don't ever swear, I just don't ask that I be able to inflict that language on others anonymously over video games or online forums because that would be ridonkulous.
    Last edited by Erszebet; 09-15-2011 at 09:33 AM.
    Everyone wants an

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    I also have no issue with every one getting a trophy. I think its a wonderful concept even in the real life version.

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts