Closed Thread
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 526
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: I don't want to team with /ignored players!

  1. #361
    Ascendant Noaani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongus View Post
    Thats an awful lot of typing just to say " I'm right, your wrong" but hey if it makes you feel good go for it. I prefer to think we have different viewpoints, but I'm immature so /shrug
    Why are people so adamantly against this? Its an already implemented feature, just not cross shard. Is it that the trolls in here are worried about not getting groups because they cant behave themselves in a social environment? heaven forbid.
    I'm not sure who called you immature, but I'd have to disagree with who ever it was - at least on that point.

    I'll be honest, I'm not sure how you can say we have differing view points on this issue, as I'm not offering up a view or opinion, I am simply stating fact.

    That fact, just to reiterate and re-center the conversation, is that it is anchoice people make as to whether or not they are offended or upset by the actions of others. I know this is a fact, as it is a choice I make many times a day. Others in this thread have backed me up on this.

    None of that is opinion or theory, and so having differing views is simply not possible.

    On top of that, I am saying people that do not make the decision to not be offended or upset by the actions of others are feeble minded. The primary definition of this is "lacking mental capacity", which when compared to those that have made and do make this decision, seems to fit perfectly. This is an appropriate time to point out that since America (the continents, not just the one country) was originally colonized by the feeble minded, being labeled as such is not necessarily a bad thing - though an individual may opt to be insulted by it, and the very fact that they qualify for the label says they just may do so.

    In all of the above, I see no viewpoints expressed, nor opinions offered. I see two fact presented, one based on personal experience, the other based on the dictionary. Which of those two facts is it you are contesting?
    Last edited by Noaani; 09-14-2011 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

  2. #362
    Prophet of Telara Shioc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Western australia
    Posts
    1,077

    Default

    Noaani, People dont make a choice on wether or not to be offended, at least not consciously, it is already made about the same time the offending words are done, people do however make a decission as to how they then react, even offended people will sometimes ignore the said words/actions, and pretend they didnt happen.
    So choosing not to be offended is not actaully that black and white, you choose how to react to how you feel not the feeling its self.

    Unfortunalty what you stated was opinion, unless of course you can point out studies that disprove what I just said and prove your point, in which case I will retract my statement.

    You twist "facts" alot to prove your point, its one of the reasons I tend to reply to your posts instead of just ignoring them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.


  3. #363
    Rift Chaser Malleus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    Actually it is, it's sole purpose is to upset/annoy/whatever other people and most civilised people consider deliberately doing that is the very epitome of anti-social.

    But I'm not surprised if some PVPers don't 'get it', many are anti-social themselves.
    You do realize that what you may consider as "Potty Language" is not what others may find or consider offensive. Heck what most people consider offensive today is drasticly different from what people considered offensive just two or three decades ago. What next? Are you going to demand that you not be grouped with people that say "Jimminie Christmas" and "Fiddlely De"? They gave you the **** now just get over it.
    Last edited by Gill; 09-14-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: religion
    Intel i5-650 (OCed to 3.61GHz) RAM: 8Gb Kingston VID: Nvidia GTX 460 DDR5 1G x2 (SLI) Win 7-64
    FEAR IS THE PATH TO THE VIGIL. FEAR LEADS TO ANGER. ANGER LEADS TO HATE.
    HATE LEADS TO THE GUARDIANS...

  4. #364
    Ascendant Noaani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shioc View Post
    Noaani, People dont make a choice on wether or not to be offended, at least not consciously
    Some people do not.

    I do.

    Someone says something many would find offensive, I think about it for a second or two and decide if it really is offensive or not. 99 times out of 100 it is not worth being offended by. It is not a decision as to whether I am going to do anything about it, it is a decision as to whether I am going to be offended by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

  5. #365
    Champion
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    554

    Default

    figure most of players of rift are ages 15+.
    cant expct em to act like adults their kids.
    and as kids they will swear ect ect as expcted.
    just use ignore take nothing persnol,
    everythng blows buy is time
    enjoy the game ingore the rest

  6. #366
    Prophet of Telara Morguloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samfluffy View Post
    i rember the frist time i tried to join a clan in rift
    it was exxy;s clan i was a 33 warrior so i gave me PM
    And befor i could say thing i got reply your lvl 33 to noobish for my clan
    and even befor i could replay i got a pm saying ur ignored lol
    LOL, the greatest guild in existence right, "We Play Rift".....yeah, original name to be sure.

    I mock Exxy every time he (it) spams his (it's) guild in chat, for a person of supposedly higher intelligence than any of us mere mortals on the shard, he (it) sure has a creative block when coming up with guild names

  7. #367
    Sword of Telara DepricatedZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    842

    Default

    I wonder if that's the Exxy I know. . .
    "Can you see the flag rising up beyond the smoke
    Of dying authors burning books? Was a problem what they wrote
    The flag is hard to read, all flags look the same
    Covered in the blood of the faithless and insane"
    Operation Ivy - Missionary



  8. #368
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    I'm not sure who called you immature, but I'd have to disagree with who ever it was - at least on that point.

    I'll be honest, I'm not sure how you can say we have differing view points on this issue, as I'm not offering up a view or opinion, I am simply stating fact.

    That fact, just to reiterate and re-center the conversation, is that it is anchoice people make as to whether or not they are offended or upset by the actions of others. I know this is a fact, as it is a choice I make many times a day. Others in this thread have backed me up on this.

    None of that is opinion or theory, and so having differing views is simply not possible.

    On top of that, I am saying people that do not make the decision to not be offended or upset by the actions of others are feeble minded. The primary definition of this is "lacking mental capacity", which when compared to those that have made and do make this decision, seems to fit perfectly. This is an appropriate time to point out that since America (the continents, not just the one country) was originally colonized by the feeble minded, being labeled as such is not necessarily a bad thing - though an individual may opt to be insulted by it, and the very fact that they qualify for the label says they just may do so.

    In all of the above, I see no viewpoints expressed, nor opinions offered. I see two fact presented, one based on personal experience, the other based on the dictionary. Which of those two facts is it you are contesting?
    Whether you choose to accept it or not, we have differing opinions. I am of the opinion that I shouldnt be subjected to people violating the rules they sign every time they sign into the game (and the filter is easily worked around so dont throw that old line at me) and you it seems dont care as long as it doesnt personally offend you. That is a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

  9. #369
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Anywhere you go that there are suffiently large and diverse groups of people, people are going to do something that offends you. No matter what rules are or seem to be in place, people are going to do what they want to do. There is no way to change human nature, so the most reasonable reaction is to develop a tolerance for people who look, act, believe differently from you. Crying about it will get you nowhere, raise your blood pressure, and lead to a heart attack down the line.

  10. #370
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    I do hope you don't motor through traffic stop signs and think it not a violation because nothing happened in result. Someday something would happen. I wouldn't throw darts at a GM or forum Moderator either, for the same reason.
    Disobey traffic laws --> die in a traffic accident.

    Curse in the message boards --> nothing.

    You seem to believe there are dire consequences for inconsequential actions. If things were as you say, many people posting in this thread, myself included, would have gotten suspended already.

    I haven't even heard from anyone in an official capacity saying "we don't like it when you swear so please stop." No moderator cares about this non-issue, no matter how many times you're sent reports.

  11. #371
    Ascendant Skidrow Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancem View Post
    Disobey traffic laws --> die in a traffic accident.

    Curse in the message boards --> nothing.

    You seem to believe there are dire consequences for inconsequential actions. If things were as you say, many people posting in this thread, myself included, would have gotten suspended already.

    I haven't even heard from anyone in an official capacity saying "we don't like it when you swear so please stop." No moderator cares about this non-issue, no matter how many times you're sent reports.
    Actually people, including myself, have been suspended for swearing.
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

  12. #372
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    995

    Default

    [QUOTE=Ancem;3135883]Crying about it /QUOTE]

    I stopped valuing your opinion right there. Noone was crying but you like many people seem to think its a valid tactic to call anyone with a differing opinion a whiner or accuse them of crying. Grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

  13. #373
    Rift Chaser Excelsia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shioc View Post
    Noaani, People dont make a choice on wether or not to be offended, at least not consciously, it is already made about the same time the offending words are done, people do however make a decission as to how they then react, even offended people will sometimes ignore the said words/actions, and pretend they didnt happen.
    So choosing not to be offended is not actaully that black and white, you choose how to react to how you feel not the feeling its self.

    Unfortunalty what you stated was opinion, unless of course you can point out studies that disprove what I just said and prove your point, in which case I will retract my statement.

    You twist "facts" alot to prove your point, its one of the reasons I tend to reply to your posts instead of just ignoring them.
    Really? You don't have a choice? And you can't consciously be in control of your reactions? You don't think about your reactions to things and determine whether they are useful/helpful and endeavor to master them and improve on yourself and your life experience? You are simply a victim to your environment and require 3rd party organizations to police and monitor them to ensure your purity of purpose? Dang. That's pretty lame.

  14. #374
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Every single argument you guys have for not wanting to group with players on your ignore list can easily be countered by you know... making your own groups. If you don't have the time to do that then you're not playing the game that much anyways so I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. If you don't play it that much then you're not exposed to the people you deem unworthy.

    Everyone wants some one else to fix their problems instead of dealing with it on their own. I really can't believe this thread has reached 38 pages.

  15. #375
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    I know. That was amazing timing

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts