+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Contacting Support

Soulwalker

Default Contacting Support

Hi

I've been trying for some time to cancel my subscription, but have determined this to be impossible as attempting to login to the account management results in an 'additional information is required' page, which asks me to answer what apparently is my security question. The problem is that the question asks my honeymoon location and having never been married I find it difficult to believe that I would have set this as my security question. Naturally after some unsuccessful attempts to answer the question with variations of 'none' I then attempted to contact support, only to be lead repeatedly to the same page - which to me seems like a fundamentally flawed support system, but I won't get into that.

Any advice on how to get my subscription cancelled, or how to contact support support would be greatly appreciated.

Soulwalker

Cheers for the reply, unfortunately this just leads me to the same dead end. I can't call them as I don't have access to a phone, do you know if there is an email address that you can be permitted to email without having first logged in to the very system I'm seeking help to log in to? It seems kind of backwards that in order to get help logging in you must first log in.

That's unfortunate, sorry I wasn't more help. They really need to just put the stupid account support email on that page since they don't have it anywhere else.

https://trionworlds.custhelp.com/app...etail/a_id/478

This is from the bottom of the site page and yes you have an email option.

Seeing this is a holiday it may take them a few days to get back.
    Last edited by Romiz; 09-04-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post

We already covered that. The only way to email via that form is to have an account. He has an account that he can't access, so he can't send them an email.

I mean, unless you can create an account that's independent from any game?

Soulwalker

Being this is a holiday it may take them a few days to get back.
    Cheers for the reply. I'm not sure if I'm completely missing something here, but the only email option I can find on that page is the one that requires you to first log in to your account in order to email them - which is obviously of no help to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikagawa View Post
    We already covered that. The only way to email via that form is to have an account. He has an account that he can't access, so he can't send them an email.

I mean, unless you can create an account that's independent from any game?
    That does not matter. You do not need to know the secret question answers to use ask a question. He can log into the forums and that is all you need.
    Last edited by Romiz; 09-04-2011 at 10:15 PM.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

That does not matter. You do not need to know the secret question answers to use ask a question.
    Ah ha! I see! You have cleared up my confusion then.

Ah ha! I see! You have cleared up my confusion then.
    NP I just hope it helps him/her.
    System:

Soulwalker

Unfortunately I do need to answer the secret question in order to use the 'ask a question' as it redirects immediately to the 'Additional information required' page, which in turn requires the secret question to be answered so that I might provide 'additional information'. Any more ideas are appreciated, if anyone has some.

Cheers for the help so far guys, although its gotten me no where, haha.

EDIT: For reference, it auto logged me into the forums, without redirecting to the 'Additional information required' page.
    Last edited by Triddle; 09-04-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Hm, that's weird. Can you PM one of the mods here on the forum and ask for help? I would check the last page of one of the locked threads here and see if that's possible. It's a long shot, but maybe you'll get lucky.

Hm, that's weird. Can you PM one of the mods here on the forum and ask for help? I would check the last page of one of the locked threads here and see if that's possible. It's a long shot, but maybe you'll get lucky.
    Let me flag you so he can see this. Not sure if he can help but will try.
    System:

Quote Originally Posted by Triddle View Post
    Hi

I've been trying for some time to cancel my subscription, but have determined this to be impossible as attempting to login to the account management results in an 'additional information is required' page, which asks me to answer what apparently is my security question. The problem is that the question asks my honeymoon location and having never been married I find it difficult to believe that I would have set this as my security question. Naturally after some unsuccessful attempts to answer the question with variations of 'none' I then attempted to contact support, only to be lead repeatedly to the same page - which to me seems like a fundamentally flawed support system, but I won't get into that.

Any advice on how to get my subscription cancelled, or how to contact support support would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Triddle,

We're sorry you are having problems with canceling you account. If you dont remember the answers to your secret questions, the best approach is to call customer support. As it seems you don't have access to a phone, I have passed a link to this thread to CS.

Best Regards, Gill

Soulwalker

Thanks for that Gill, and thanks for the swift response.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast