+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Artorous

Thread: ETA on Premades being separated from Solo Queue?

  1. #1
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default ETA on Premades being separated from Solo Queue?

    Seriously, are we ever going to get Premades separated from Pugs in PvP? It's not fun going up against a Premade when you are queuing solo.

    If your argument is form your own premade I don't want to hear it. Seriously, sometimes I just want to queue by myself but out of the ~20 matches I've done today I've had 1 that contained no premade teams. Was it fun? Hell yes it was! 1k-900 Codex match is a good time, however, the rest of the time it's been 1k-50 matches which are in no way fun at all.

    I seem to remember there being something in the 1.4 patch notes that stated Trion was going to attempt to separate Premades from Pugs but all it has appeared to have done is ensure only one side has a premade team on it whereas the other is a full pug. I've not had a single match where I've had a premade on my side, can tell by the number of people from each server. It's just stupid going up against premades almost non-stop!
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    Seriously, are we ever going to get Premades separated from Pugs in PvP? It's not fun going up against a Premade when you are queuing solo.

    If your argument is form your own premade I don't want to hear it. Seriously, sometimes I just want to queue by myself but out of the ~20 matches I've done today I've had 1 that contained no premade teams. Was it fun? Hell yes it was! 1k-900 Codex match is a good time, however, the rest of the time it's been 1k-50 matches which are in no way fun at all.

    I seem to remember there being something in the 1.4 patch notes that stated Trion was going to attempt to separate Premades from Pugs but all it has appeared to have done is ensure only one side has a premade team on it whereas the other is a full pug. I've not had a single match where I've had a premade on my side, can tell by the number of people from each server. It's just stupid going up against premades almost non-stop!
    They did this. It made PVP way too much fun for everyone, so it was reverted.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara Muffinmans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    Seriously, are we ever going to get Premades separated from Pugs in PvP? It's not fun going up against a Premade when you are queuing solo.

    If your argument is form your own premade I don't want to hear it. Seriously, sometimes I just want to queue by myself but out of the ~20 matches I've done today I've had 1 that contained no premade teams. Was it fun? Hell yes it was! 1k-900 Codex match is a good time, however, the rest of the time it's been 1k-50 matches which are in no way fun at all.

    I seem to remember there being something in the 1.4 patch notes that stated Trion was going to attempt to separate Premades from Pugs but all it has appeared to have done is ensure only one side has a premade team on it whereas the other is a full pug. I've not had a single match where I've had a premade on my side, can tell by the number of people from each server. It's just stupid going up against premades almost non-stop!
    They are... they just all solo que at the exact time, and get lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched INCdex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Simple solution would limit the number of players from the same side on the same server but Trion is doing who knows what instead.

    Premades are annoying and kill any fun available in pvp.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Vayra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    They are separated. But, if there are x amount of regular pops before a premade pop the premades are put back in the regular queue so as to ensure they get some pops (if a lot slower).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    So basically the WF's are just never actually going to be fun and it's always going to be like this. Great!
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    So basically the WF's are just never actually going to be fun and it's always going to be like this. Great!
    Which is why I andmany others quit. Obviously they thought we were bluffing.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara Artorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Which is why I andmany others quit. Obviously they thought we were bluffing.
    I really enjoy this game. Loved the PvE portion and all that but eventually I get bored doing the same thing over and over again. I decided to take a break from the PvE and do some PvP... have won 1 match and it was the only one that there wasn't a guild premade on either side. I know there is a lot of neat stuff coming with 1.5 and even more in the future but not being able to actually PvP has made me unsub and I just uninstalled the game.

    It's a weekend so I have a lot of spare time, wanted to PvP to pass some of it away. Here's what it has been:
    Log On > Join WF Queue > Get Farmed by a Premade > Finish match and either Log or attempt 1 more then Log because it's the same thing > Wait 30m to an hour and do start all over.

    1.5 may have new modes for PvE but eventually I'll ant to PvP some but it's not going to change so I'm not going to bother. The only game I've actually enjoyed, PvP wise, has been GW. I'm hoping that GW2 does as well as GW did. Until then I've got some games to "not" torrent to pass the time.
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara Kelvenaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    729

    Default

    I guess until you can define roles that people can sign up for in WF's, like in t1/2s, they you will always be left with an imbalance in pvp.
    In pve this is gotten round by havuing the tank, healer, dps and support roles. We all know that premade 5 mans are generally more fun than most pugs, but some have been nice so far, and some guild runs have been with that one from your guild that no one rewally likes because heisanannoyingknowitallthatstandsinthefire. But these are few and far between, but we know what to expect in pug LFD, and generally apart from a few mads and bads they all go off smoothly.
    Until Trion...or anyone...can put in a few predefined roles into warfronts...even if its "Attacking Squad" and "Defending Squad" with a requirement for cc, heals,dps, wall/tank type(PvP tank equivalent tons of hp and some drag to powers etc) then we will continue to see premades generally do better, as they have people that spec for "Flag Runner" or pure CC or wall of HP, as the situation for the WF dictates, many probably have a build for each WF.

    This would mean more thinking on the part of Trion plus more thought on the part of players...but it would give them a role to aim at in pvp and something of an idea what they sign up for what their job is going to be in a WF...like premades have.

    Just an idea, but it might help people get to grips with wha tthey needed to do easier and help pugs a bit against premades. That and actually have some tactics or someone willing to mark in charge hehe.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts