+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: SO Trion serious question please answer

Default SO Trion serious question please answer

Do you intend to give in to the few people that will undoubtedly come to the forums wanting HK level gear from Chronicle solo dungeons?

Much like you did by having P1 = P8 valor sets?

I really want to know.

Just wondering, how long will you guys be crying about this?

Chronicle gear is like expert rift/t1 gear.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    Do you intend to give in to the few people that will undoubtedly come to the forums wanting HK level gear from Chronicle solo dungeons?

I really want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
    Just wondering, how long will you guys be crying about this?
    To be fair, he has a point. Trion imo have recently listened to the whiners on the forums, changed things that didnt nesaseraly need changing sparatically, and released buggy poorly tested patches.

I realise 'hardcore players' dont make up enough numbers to be recognised, but trion isnt really listening to the casuals either. There listening to whining kids who know if they scream loud enough, they will get there cookie.

"I don't heal bads.."
    Optical, Cleric of The Enclave.

Quote Originally Posted by titansgrip View Post
    Chronicle gear is like expert rift/t1 gear.
    Currently yes, but I feel like it wont last. All it'll take is a few people saying how it's not fair that people who put in a lot more time and effort can get better things than them and they want it to be equal without doing near the amount of 'work'.

I can truly see Trion give in, yet again, to make the few entitment generation players happy and I would like to know before resubbing that Trion is actually going to stop this catering bs.

I really would like to know what Trion plans to do should this arise (which it will).

There listening to whining kids who know if they scream loud enough, they will get there cookie.
    This exactly. It's not that the whining kids as he put it are the problem, it's that Trion constantly gives in to them even though before purchasing this game, in beta, they said they would specifically NOT do this. It's really frustrating me.
    Last edited by Shhhh; 09-03-2011 at 11:24 AM.

To the OP, I think it is clear the answer is no. Will Trion say this bluntly? No because it would cause emo BUT look at all of their Statements regarding raid progression in general and the 1.5 content.

Regardin raid zones in general they said they introduce and control raid content difficulty with a method. Introduce raid zone for cutting edge raiders. As the cutting edge start playing it out get ready to introduce new raid zone for them. At the same time retune the prior raid tier for the more casual players behind. Not so they can catch up but so they can experience what the cutting edge raiders have already left behind. GP is a prfect xample of this. It now has the stuffing nerfed out of it. Thursday night Uurluk was a ofl stomp victory. When you are taking casul players into account with raid design there I little reason to do what you note.

Next look at how they described Chronicles and then Master Mode dungeons.

Chronicles will provide "awesome loot."

Master Mode dungeons will supply "rewards better than regular t2 dungeons and raid marks so people can buy t1 raid gear."

If someone by reading that can't see the Chronicles loot wll be "awesome" RELATIVE to the fact it is a 1-2 man dungeon they are being naive.

i certainly hope not. i was looking forward to the chronicle dungeons myself simply for the story and thought them giving us any kind of loot was already pretty generous.

Plane Touched

I really want to know.
    Maybe, but that would only be if they cared about PvPr's opinions. They have proven their stance on that with this quick fix to please the PvEr's.
    Last edited by Madaam; 09-03-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Trion made a classic error by trying to please everyone and pleasing no one.

By the way, I agree that Trion have consistently catered to the lowest common denominator of player, they have made the game easier. I don't much agree with it, but by now, the "vision" or direction is pretty clear to all of us right?

There is no point complaining, just look at all the decisions made so far, it's obvious where this game is going.

Just relax, in a few months there will be a few new options to play, and Rift will "pug" along, happy as a place-holder MMO in it's niche.

Quote Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
    Trion made a classic error by trying to please everyone and pleasing no one.

By the way, I agree that Trion have consistently catered to the lowest common denominator of player, they have made the game easier. I don't much agree with it, but by now, the "vision" or direction is pretty clear to all of us right?

There is no point complaining, just look at all the decisions made so far, it's obvious where this game is going.

Just relax, in a few months there will be a few new options to play, and Rift will "pug" along, happy as a place-holder MMO in it's niche.
    Yea I guess you're right. It's just sad seeing every mmo I like start out being challenging, rewarding for time investment, etc. and then be completely ruined by companies because of those "lowest common denominators". I just don't want to change games. I liked this game a lot. I liked the challenges in this game. I really just dont want to end up quitting and Trion just be 'another one of those'.

I think if I ever play another mmo again after this it'll be a company with a history of not catering to ... people that always want equality with no effort.

Sword of Telara

You do realize that there are still huge difference between the stats of the R1 and R8 sets, do you? The difference is about 200% more damage and 100% more HP. An R1 still has virtually no chance against an R8. What changed is that now an R8 needs 4 GCDs to kill an R1 instead of 3 GCDs.

The valor change is like adding 320 hit/focus to the T1 expert sets. Woot, you don't have to farm for hit ever again so you can go right to HK. Oh wait, you still don't have enough DPS and HP so you get blown up in the first AoE. Damn.

For the love of all that is good in this world stop QQing about P1/2 gear being anywhere near equal to P7/8 gear.

Just going to use the Cloth gear for this little bit of schooling

P1/2 Gear Stat Total
    Armor - 2005
    Int - 173
    Wis - 146
    End - 112
    Valor - 751
    Crit - 236
    SP - 30

P7/8 Gear Stat Total
    Armor - 3433
    Int - 356
    Wis - 203
    End - 242
    Valor - 751
    Crit - 189
    SP - 74

Total Increase
    Armor - 1428
    Int - 183
    Wis - 57
    End - 130
    Crit - -47
    SP - 44

And that's not including the Weapons nor the Crystals. If you think that P1/2 gear is anywhere near equal to P7/8 gear then you are mistaken. There is no if, and, or but to it, you're just mistaken.
    Last edited by Gill; 09-05-2011 at 06:18 AM. Reason: rude
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

Telaran

I really dont see Trion answering you. Because they know it will create drama either way. If they answer that they wont do it, people will cry about time constraints and about deserving it just as much as the people that spend more time in game. If they answer that they will eventually give HK quality loot in the easy stuff, then people will cry and will prob lose subs over it. If they say nothing, then people wont be able to say they lied to them later on down the road.

Ascendant

I really want to know.
    Good for you.. Wanting to know I mean... Especially as how important you are... Thing is I pay my subs just the same as you. So if I choose not to group for gear but would like some reward for the hours that I play, then why not. The game is just filled with elitest nonsense as it is, so getting away from it all for some serious solo play just sounds too good to be true. I don't need epics, cus I have no intention of showing them off in Sanctum, but some better gear for more solo stuff would be very useful.

I am a hardcore solo player. But you will never see me in game, so why should you care.

I like how you complain that Trion listens to people who complain, but want them to do the very same to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast