+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Macros...

  1. #16
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    Now you're just trolling
    I'm not actually. It has more variation to the rotation than Bards.

  2. #17
    Ascendant mo0trix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takelli View Post
    I'm not actually. It has more variation to the rotation than Bards.

    Ok fine.

    So bards have an easy job then? So you want to make it so bards can go afk because their macro is playing for them....? Fact is, some roles are boring to play, some are repetitive (actually all are if you think about it) but they need to be played all the same.

    Let's not make the game cater for even lazier people.

  3. #18
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    Ok fine.

    So bards have an easy job then? So you want to make it so bards can go afk because their macro is playing for them....? Fact is, some roles are boring to play, some are repetitive (actually all are if you think about it) but they need to be played all the same.

    Let's not make the game cater for even lazier people.
    Bards are easier to play. but, I am not saying make it posible for them to be played while afk. I am just asking for them to make it less repetitive.

    Yes, all classes are repetitive, but none are like how bard is.

  4. #19
    Ascendant mo0trix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takelli View Post
    I am just asking for them to make it less repetitive.
    By suggestioning all their actions be bound to 1 key press....

    yeah that makes it totally less repetitive

  5. #20
    Champion
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    538

    Default

    I think the suggestion here is to take them off GCD, though that hasn't actually been verbalized. Otherwise yeah, OP is asking to change 12345 into 11111 to make it less repetitive, and well, that's just not very smart.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

    I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

  6. #21
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    By suggestioning all their actions be bound to 1 key press....

    yeah that makes it totally less repetitive
    It makes it so much easier than pressing the same 5 buttons, or clicking the same 5 buttons every thirty seconds.

    It makes it so that you can just press the button, and not have to be pressing all the other buttons.

    I find it less redundent as well to press one button, than 5 buttons. I love the bard class, but having to press 5 buttons before I start attacking something, some times mid fight, and then repeat it? Thats very repetitive, and redudent.

  7. #22
    Ascendant mo0trix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takelli View Post
    It makes it so much easier than pressing the same 5 buttons, or clicking the same 5 buttons every thirty seconds.

    It makes it so that you can just press the button, and not have to be pressing all the other buttons.

    I find it less redundent as well to press one button, than 5 buttons. I love the bard class, but having to press 5 buttons before I start attacking something, some times mid fight, and then repeat it? Thats very repetitive, and redudent.
    No you're missing out some very important comparisons here.

    When you die, you need to re-buff.... if you're a tank, that's like 6+ key presses.
    When you are an archon, to buff is 5+ key presses for the basic buffs, every 4 mins.
    When you change soul and want to buff up, thats x amount of key presses... every time you change soul!?!?!

    I honestly think this is a perfect example how utterly ridiculously easy people want this game to be... nobody wants to put ANY effort in anymore and still be rewarded the same. You have all those keys... but you only have the capacity to push one. I find that, incredibly sad.

  8. #23
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    No you're missing out some very important comparisons here.

    When you die, you need to re-buff.... if you're a tank, that's like 6+ key presses.
    When you are an archon, to buff is 5+ key presses for the basic buffs, every 4 mins.
    When you change soul and want to buff up, thats x amount of key presses... every time you change soul!?!?!

    I honestly think this is a perfect example how utterly ridiculously easy people want this game to be... nobody wants to put ANY effort in anymore and still be rewarded the same. You have all those keys... but you only have the capacity to push one. I find that, incredibly sad.
    Tank buffs last for an hour+, as well as a majority of the major buffs that are casted upon entering a dungeon.

    I'm not saying make the game just press this button, and you win. All I am saying is make it so that bard doesn't have to be so damned redudent.

  9. #24
    Plane Touched INCdex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takelli View Post
    Have you played a bard? Pressing 5 buttons over and over, as well as healing, and debuffing is a bit repetitive.
    lol competitive dps rogues are the same way. Spam bombs then explode.


    zzzzzzzz

  10. #25
    Champion
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takelli View Post
    Tank buffs last for an hour+, as well as a majority of the major buffs that are casted upon entering a dungeon.

    I'm not saying make the game just press this button, and you win. All I am saying is make it so that bard doesn't have to be so damned redudent.
    There is a slot machine at the Desert Sands with your name on it.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

    I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

  11. #26
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

    I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.
    Quoted for truth!

    Also I'm a warden that cast my HoT spells, deluge, orbs... ! Guess what, it's my job and I do it. Clicking the same buttons over and over isn't a hard task. You're fingers are already on the keyboard and mouse so how hard is it to move them a few inches? My god are you people really that lazy that you want a button to do all of that for you? God help you in real life...
    Last edited by Nastassiya; 09-02-2011 at 11:47 PM.

  12. #27
    Champion
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nastassiya View Post
    Quoted for truth!

    Also I'm a warden that cast my HoT spells, deluge, orbs... ! Guess what, it's my job and I do it. Clicking the same buttons over and over isn't a hard task. You're fingers are already on the keyboard and mouse so how hard is it to move them a few inches? My god are you people really that lazy that you want a button to do all of that for you? God help you in real life...
    Laziness on this level usually negates the opportunity at anything resembling real life. Even the kid working the drive through has to press more than one button to buff your Big Mac.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

    I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

  13. #28
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    222

    Default Ohh yeah?

    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

    I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    I guess you masterbate to the same **** every time then.

  14. #29
    Ascendant TheDrizzle404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takelli View Post
    Have you played a bard? Pressing 5 buttons over and over, as well as healing, and debuffing is a bit repetitive.
    dont mind that noise in the distance, it was just the joke passing over your head.

  15. #30
    Plane Walker FinalplayerRyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takelli View Post
    It doesn't break the game, or change the game in any way, does it?
    Well it depends on how someone looks at things, you want more functionality or since its already there, just with a blocker thats says "NO", more freedom to macros. For me personally what macros already allow you to do, the game is broken, since most classes can put out the same DPS (max possible DPS with their built) without having to think or react.

    So for me personally, the Game is already on Lazy-Mode with current macro system.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts