+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 242
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: No More PvP Gear In PvE... YAY!!!

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default No More PvP Gear In PvE... YAY!!!

    For those that don't know what I'm talking about yet:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...vengeance.html

    Thank you for this, Trion! Now, go make some synergy crystals for PvE content that are actually helpful for the raiding community and make this change worthwhile!

    For those complaining about PvP gear being less helpful in PvE... I'm not going to comment further because your skewed mental process is beyond me. I do empathize with every single one of you that ground out R8 to help your guild with raiding, but COME ON!!! Did you actually believe that was going to last? Did you honestly think that Trion was NOT going to nerf PvP gears' effectiveness in PvE content?

    Seriously though, Trion, do something about PvE gear so you don't have people complaining they can't use PvP gear in PvE... Just like I tell my children; you made the mess, so clean it up!

    On another note, I want to thank Trion for extending the half-birthday another week, not having internet for half the duration of the celebration sucked. I do have alts to level after all.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Well enjoy your celebrations at the misfortune of others- To answer your questions-Yes with my skewed etc etc I really did think it would last and that with some additions my PVP gear would allow me to raid with my guild.

    All you are celebrating is the fact that people like me will be unable to come play the big boys game with you uber players.

    Sadly for me it also means I will be unable to play with my guild.

    Enjoy your celebrations-You haven't physically gained anything, it's just your club has become a bit more exclusive and we PVP grinders are out in the cold.

    I think your celebrations a little ungenerous to be fair.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I'm sorry, I'm rather bitter when it comes to this as I was replaced in my previous guild with someone that was "properly geared," AKA they were wearing pvp gear... THAT was unfair.

    *edit*

    Also, like you I am a grinder except I grind pve content like I thought I was supposed to, not pvp content. This finally makes me feel as if my efforts were not in vain, which is why I'm celebrating.
    Last edited by JoeyMagz; 08-31-2011 at 01:11 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant mo0trix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Best thing Trion have done since launch IMO.

    Grinding PvP no longer makes you the top DPS raider... which is exactly how it should be.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser CaptFailure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Well enjoy your celebrations at the misfortune of others- To answer your questions-Yes with my skewed etc etc I really did think it would last and that with some additions my PVP gear would allow me to raid with my guild.

    All you are celebrating is the fact that people like me will be unable to come play the big boys game with you uber players.

    Sadly for me it also means I will be unable to play with my guild.

    Enjoy your celebrations-You haven't physically gained anything, it's just your club has become a bit more exclusive and we PVP grinders are out in the cold.

    I think your celebrations a little ungenerous to be fair.
    So you exploited PVP gear being better for PVE as if it would never get (rightfully) nerfed, didn't plan accordingly incase of said nerf, and you're upset about your inability to play after it happens? If you want to know who's responsible, look in a mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMagz View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm rather bitter when it comes to this as I was replaced in my previous guild with someone that was "properly geared," AKA they were wearing pvp gear... THAT was unfair.
    I'm sorry that happened to you, but under the current system you could without anyone else's help grind out some gear that your old guild would have recognised as useful yourself.


    Or you could have got your T2 stuff the same way they did.

    You weren't replaced by a PVPer-You were replaced by someone who had been able to put more effort into getting geared than you. To those that say getting PVP gear is too easy etc-Ok -Go grab some!!!

    I work shifts so making meaningful play progress at unsocial hours makes Rift a viable game for me. -I could still prepare to take part in a raid on my day off even without being a 9 to 5r like everyone else. That is now gone and I'm excluded.

    I'm not rage quitting as I'll still enjoy Rift for a while but a big part of the longevity of my game has just dissapeared...Not sure what to make of that and so when I'm in town I will be browsing the new MMO's as I was when I saw Rift.

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    Best thing Trion have done since launch IMO.

    Grinding PvP no longer makes you the top DPS raider... which is exactly how it should be.
    Couldn't agree more. It was a little ridiculous for PvE gear to suck in PvP but PvP gear to be the top in PvE.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMagz View Post
    For those complaining about PvP gear being less helpful in PvE... I'm not going to comment further because your skewed mental process is beyond me.
    Unlike PVE'ers who expect to do well in PVP with their raid gear and then whine on the forums when they get destroyed in their leet PVE gear, amirite?

  9. #9
    Ascendant mo0trix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Unlike PVE'ers who expect to do well in PVP with their raid gear and then whine on the forums when they get destroyed in their leet PVE gear, amirite?
    I've never seen anyone complaining that their PvE gear doesn't cut it in PvP. I have however noticed a hell of a lot of threads complaining about PvP gear being BiS for most (if not all) PvE situations.

    Climb down from that cloud of ignorance and accept that:

    To be at your best PvP, you must grind PvP.
    To be at your best PvE, you must grind PvE.

    By the way whoever the genius at Trion is who came up with this idea deserves a raise

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptFailure View Post
    So you exploited PVP gear being better for PVE as if it would never get (rightfully) nerfed, didn't plan accordingly incase of said nerf, and you're upset about your inability to play after it happens? If you want to know who's responsible, look in a mirror.
    You are using deliberately emotive terms like "exploit" which implies cheating. I have done no such thing and resent the spin you have deliberately put on your post- Get a control of your emotions.

    No I didn't plan for a nerf-Generally we don't make our characters and get our stuff in anticipation of how it might be changed in the future- Frankly that's just ridiculous.

    I am a Cleric and there are many people who "justly" think 4 of our souls should be removed and the remaining healing ones nerfed. I don't intend on planning for those changes either.

    Your post brings the term "schadenfreude" to my mind. There are people that like to see the downfall of others and then there are those who like to wallow in their misery, and there are many playing our game....(But in any case if the RIFT servers closed tomorrow I would do little more than shrug about the game-I'd be more upset about livelihoods under threat experienced by the employees)-You my friend have something a little dark in you-Maybe you need to look in a mirror too...
    Last edited by Torvax; 08-31-2011 at 01:33 AM.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Wolfetx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMagz View Post
    For those that don't know what I'm talking about yet:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...vengeance.html

    Thank you for this, Trion! Now, go make some synergy crystals for PvE content that are actually helpful for the raiding community and make this change worthwhile!

    For those complaining about PvP gear being less helpful in PvE... I'm not going to comment further because your skewed mental process is beyond me. I do empathize with every single one of you that ground out R8 to help your guild with raiding, but COME ON!!! Did you actually believe that was going to last? Did you honestly think that Trion was NOT going to nerf PvP gears' effectiveness in PvE content?

    Seriously though, Trion, do something about PvE gear so you don't have people complaining they can't use PvP gear in PvE... Just like I tell my children; you made the mess, so clean it up!

    On another note, I want to thank Trion for extending the half-birthday another week, not having internet for half the duration of the celebration sucked. I do have alts to level after all.
    One of the best things Trion could had done! IMO they should had nerfed pvp gear in pve even harder! But its a great start!

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    One of the best things Trion could had done! IMO they should had nerfed pvp gear in pve even harder! But its a great start!
    Will be fun to see the pve-whiners whine on bosses now because they dont have enough dps lololololol

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I dont get it, I understand the concept of PVP gear for PVP and PVE gear for PVE, but why are there people who "rejoice" to the fact that PVP gear wont be effective for PVE'ng in the near future? Was it not helpful for your guild in terms of HK progression? I mean if you are not R8, and your guildmate/s is/are R8, it's still not a loss for you because the point is for the whole (guild) to achieve more. Being R8 and in an HK progression guild I don't feel bad nor good about the announcement, it's just... okay, since I think the idea's fair. No rejoicing or raging here. Sheesh for some people it's like the coming of Christ.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser CaptFailure's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    You are using deliberately emotive terms like "exploit" which implies cheating. I have done no such thing and resent the spin you have deliberately put on your post- Get a control of your emotions.

    No I didn't plan for a nerf-Generally we don't make our characters and get our stuff in anticipation of how it might be changed in the future- Frankly that's just ridiculous.

    I am a Cleric and there are many people who "justly" think 4 of our souls should be removed and the remaining healing ones nerfed. I don't intend on planning for those changes either.

    Your post brings the term "schadenfreude" to my mind. There are people that like to see the downfall of others and then there are those who like to wallow in their misery, and there are many playing our game....(But in any case if the RIFT servers closed tomorrow I would do little more than shrug about the game-I'd be more upset about livelihoods under threat experienced by the employees)-You my friend have something a little dark in you-Maybe you need to look in a mirror too...
    ...

    Wow. You got all that from me just saying "you screwed up, deal with it?" I think you need to stop reading so much into everything others say and relax a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock
    SWTOR will hit a big enough audience on it's own to be successful. Know why? Because Star Wars has fanbois just like you: that would buy anything that says SW on the box that know nothing about Bioware.
    When defending something, the best course of action is not to admit the only thing going for it is blind devotion.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptFailure View Post
    ...

    Wow. You got all that from me just saying "you screwed up, deal with it?" I think you need to stop reading so much into everything others say and relax a little.
    Alternatively you could consider that what I said might actually be true.

    People get stuff taken away from them and handed to others-Both in games and in life-Your harshness and lack of empathy(not your disagreement) combined with your "spin" falsification by using the term exploit told me all that.

    For example you could have written -

    "I appreciate what you say but I had to join a guild and raid for many hours to get my gear-I don't think up until now the game rewarded me for that. With these changes I feel some steps are being taken to rebalance that. "

    Instead you focussed more on the loss than the gain- It does say something about you. It is also a normal response to suggest I am a little crazy because then that means you don't have to take me seriously-All perfectly normal dude.

    But in brief-try to enjoy your own gains more and other people's losses a LOT less.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts