+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PvE quests for PvP dailies .. why?

Default PvE quests for PvP dailies .. why?

I've been thinking about this for a while .. if you're like me and dislike quests or anything of a PvE nature, you roll on a PvP shard and level up through warfronts (and instances but i actually think they're good ways to gain exp fast ;) why give us PvE quests to kill x amount of mobs or collect x amount of items when we like PvP? I think its pointless and very tedious, expecially the Stillmoor ones.

How to tackle this problem? I think you should still give us quests, keep the kill 25 guardians/defiant in _____ ..it promotes world pvp, which is a good thing.
    But give us quests within the warfronts like capture 3-5 shards in whitefall or Hold the fang for 10 seconds in Black Garden, I know Trion you can think of something fair and enjoyable to do daily rather than more grinding.
    The best think imo is this will promote teamwork in wafronts which is greatly needed and vital for instanced PvP.

*logs on to rift to go and kill 30 mobs and collect 6 items in shimmersand *
    Orchide (Kelari) | eXile Corp (Rocket Science) | Assassin/Marksman
    Level: 60 (R80) | Server: Zaviel

Its so PVE servers can do the quest too, well its the only explanation I could think of.
    Hoss

Prophet of Telara

No its to get PVPers gathered in open world and maybe have some PVP break out. Notice one of the dailies is kill 25 of the opposing faction?

Shield of Telara

YEah its simply for grouping up the opposing factions, nothing more, nothing less.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Quote Originally Posted by iHunii View Post
    I've been thinking about this for a while .. if you're like me and dislike quests or anything of a PvE nature, ...
    ...then you're playing the wrong game.
    Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe?

Default Flag!

Um, they are pvp alright, turn your flag on and I guarantee pvp action will occur during these "pve quests". It is merely an option to pve them. Makes them quicker that way, if you are trying to get them done so you can join the WF queue. But really its just another option we are given. It's up to you to use it how you want. For Guardians, they give Order of the Eye faction, and another option to PVP rifts. They really help build this faction up. So yes, flag yourself and I guarantee it will become much more exciting.
    ~Wardova, found at a rift near you since 2011~ ~Wardiva, also adventuring in Telara since 2015~

Quote Originally Posted by Whytwulf View Post
    ...then you're playing the wrong game.
    well if there is .. decent PvP here (aion's dead) why not stay? I like Rift lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Academia View Post
    Um, they are pvp alright, turn your flag on and I guarantee pvp action will occur during these "pve quests". It is merely an option to pve them. Makes them quicker that way, if you are trying to get them done so you can join the WF queue. But really its just another option we are given. It's up to you to use it how you want. For Guardians, they give Order of the Eye faction, and another option to PVP rifts. They really help build this faction up. So yes, flag yourself and I guarantee it will become much more exciting.
    Flag myself? I'm on a PvP shard hun ;) .. and to answer your question its not fun because on my server they only raid for the PvP aspects which means your left to do the PvE side yourself 1 vs 5-6 most cases, so its annoying

Quote Originally Posted by iHunii View Post
    well if there is .. decent PvP here (aion's dead) why not stay? I like Rift lol.
    Well, this game really wasn't designed with robust PvP in mind, so there is probably a limit to how far Trion can take it.
    Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Whytwulf View Post
    Well, this game really wasn't designed with robust PvP in mind, so there is probably a limit to how far Trion can take it.
    Well im only playing to GW2

The PvE dailies were added to promote open world PvP. They're nothing more than a quick bandaid fix to the bad OPvP Rift has to offer.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    The PvE dailies were added to promote open world PvP. They're nothing more than a quick bandaid fix to the bad OPvP Rift has to offer.
    And all they've done is promote Raid v 1 Person. Even if I'm lucky enough to find a decent 1v1 fight they always get help before the fight is over.
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    And all they've done is promote Raid v 1 Person. Even if I'm lucky enough to find a decent 1v1 fight they always get help before the fight is over.
    Not for me...

And if they can get help why can't you?
    Last edited by -Beck-; 08-28-2011 at 02:09 PM.

The reason there's time consuming PvE quests is twofold.

First, it puts players in the game world. This tends to be important because you can't PvP without players to fight!

Second, it gives them limited resources to compete over, which means even if you wanted to get the quest done without any trouble, you would still have to engage in PvP to either defend your resources or to take someone else's.

Now, don't get me wrong I'm not saying the execution of this is ideal, but that's the general concept.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    The reason there's time consuming PvE quests is twofold.

First, it puts players in the game world. This tends to be important because you can't PvP without players to fight!

Second, it gives them limited resources to compete over, which means even if you wanted to get the quest done without any trouble, you would still have to engage in PvP to either defend your resources or to take someone else's.

Now, don't get me wrong I'm not saying the execution of this is ideal, but that's the general concept.
    I never said to scrap them completely, keep the 25 kills on the opposite faction that promotes real WPvP .. not mind numbing PvE dailies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast