+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: A Letter from Ernizzle of <Maximation>

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grunz View Post
    You guys act like Hardcore raiding is the only thing Trion has bugged. Lets go down a quick list from some time around launch till now:

-Complete and ridiculous imbalance of classes ie Old Warriors and Flame spears etc
    -Breaking weapon enchants and whetstones
    -Releasing unbalanced and bias wet stones that only favored meele for the first raid content
    -The current joke state that rogues are in both tanking and dps
    -Lack of balance in trees forcing one class to be bottlenecked into playing one tree and one tree only
    -The complete gimp and joke status Cleric tanks were in during GSB and RoS
    -Brown Dye glitches gone unfixed for weeks
    -Numerous Boss glitches relating all the way back to GSB
    -Random Boss re spawning and not awarding loot
    -Quests not being coded properly
    -Talents,abilities and specs coding gone completely array and going un fixed for months( one big thing for example is Rogue's Charges working till this day unintended)
    -The complete and utter awful itemization of gear ie Warriors and leather gear
    -Almost every pet spec pulling more dps than every non pet spec
    -The plethora of PvP problems between glitching,boosting/farming glitches,moves working completely unintended
    - The ability when bosses are first released to always find a move to avoid or completely manipulated a mechanic that is generally never fixed or when it is fixed it is a moot point
    Probably should've spent more than 3 minutes on these. Most of them aren't even bugs. Rogue tanks and dps are jokes? Haven't seen a pet spec pull more dps than a non pet spec since I was leveling. I don't think anyone is being bottlenecked, there are numerous threads asking for more soul slots. But brown dyes were glitched?! O hell no, that's it I'm unsubbimg. If I can't have my armor the same color as dirt I'm gone.

To those who say that level of Trion of QA testing doesn't affect you and it shouldn't matter.

How many of you are STILL falling through the world when a Warrior fearbombs?
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    To those who say that level of Trion of QA testing doesn't affect you and it shouldn't matter.

How many of you are STILL falling through the world when a Warrior fearbombs?
    I remember two months ago when they explicitly 'fixed' that. The next game my healer was in port scion and was feared into the bridge just mere minutes after logging online after that patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Russykh View Post
    But it is important enough for you to tell us all its not important enough for you to read that.

What does that say about you?
    That's he willing to give his money to a half baked product but not bright enough to care about it.

I don't do PvE content at all at 50 as my experiences in dungeons have been terrible at best, but it is worrisome if the raids are even a fraction as bugged as this thread makes them sound (and I'm not disbelieving what you all have said). Seeing the hardcore crowd having to consider quitting the game over stuff like this shouldn't happen.

EDIT: Also, WTB vids of Akylios if anyone has made it to him yet. I'll probably never see him myself but I do wanna see the big bad squid get turned into calamari :P.
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 08-29-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Plane Touched

wow it's like a world nerdrage in here. You guys gotta take a break from the game I think, it seems to be causing you real emotional despair.

Soulwalker

I just have to say, keep doing an awesome job Trion. You have gone above and beyond any other single mmo that I know of to continously deliver content to the masses. I understand that some of the content is not player friendly when released but at least they are doing their best to supply new content to meet demand. There is no other game that I am aware of that has pushed out so much content in less than a year.
    Take a chill pill, get some fresh air, give them time to work out the bugs and then get back to it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Chyara View Post
    I just have to say, keep doing an awesome job Trion. You have gone above and beyond any other single mmo that I know of to continously deliver content to the masses. I understand that some of the content is not player friendly when released but at least they are doing their best to supply new content to meet demand. There is no other game that I am aware of that has pushed out so much content in less than a year.
    Take a chill pill, get some fresh air, give them time to work out the bugs and then get back to it ;)
    I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that's because all the other MMO companies are busy actually testing and working out the kinks in their content to the best of their ability before releasing it for mass consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    I remember two months ago when they explicitly 'fixed' that. The next game my healer was in port scion and was feared into the bridge just mere minutes after logging online after that patch.
    I've won many a game by fearing the Fang Carrier of the opposing team who was spanking us through the world.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chyara View Post
    Asheron's Call released monthly content patches. There was almost always a new dungeon out each month with corresponding lore to go with it. I'd say that Asheron's Call is quite similar to Rift in how much content had been released and how buggy that content always was when it's released. In Asheron's Call we always had a saying - "Don't play on patch day". Much like this game - everything new that is released often bugs the crap out of it or something new because it didn't have the time to go through the proper QA testing.

Like I said in a previous post of mine in this thread. Trion - slow down the content and get the product you are creating right.

Speaking of bugs that's been here since the dawn of time,

Me being stuck in a house for port scion, bad screenshot, but you can see some of the outlines in the middle of my screen, lesson learned...don't try to grab port scion relics and get feared? : http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...-27_231646.jpg

Amazing class balancing when a person can solo kill your team: http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...-28_015159.jpg

P.S: No shadow life or neddra's..
    Last edited by Cromagis; 08-30-2011 at 02:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

I did it! I read all the posts so far!

Plenty of good points and arguments.

This is a pretty broad and general reply---

Beating the dead horse: There are bugs. Most of us don't like them as it interferes/detracts from the RIFT experience.

We have mixed opinions about how Trion is handling EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING.

I like the end game folks, bleeding-edge or not, as they provide insight towards any progression/involvement my avatar can take part in. They're like reviewers for aspects of the game. I don't have time or resources to go watch every movie, read every book, eat at every restaurant, so reading a quick blurb about something I'm about to do (pvp, pve, craft, quest, explore, socialize, grind, etc..) and knowing others have tested the waters before me, is a nice thing to have. I think that means I'm part of the community and influenced by it, hmm. Or I'm just a giant sheep with a neck, and not a shark that never looks back.

That being said, it is unfortunate to hear of the quality of HK that has gone live. I gloss over the hotfixes/patches to the encounters, but I see them every patch, so it's easy to verify the buggy nature. I don't FEEL (opinion, jeez leave me alone!) as though they're working tirelessly to bring all aspects of the game up to speed, but picking and choosing their battles on a business based schedule and mindset. Understandably so, but lacks passion that keeps an audience. Happens in the entertainment industry all the time. You can draw in the crowd, but that doesn't guarantee long term fans.
    Omnom - Warrior @ Seastone
    4/4 GP, 4/4 DH, 5/5 GSB, 5/5 RoS, 1/11HK
    Rank 8 as of 9/23. Marksmen , Nightblade
    I fight people for carmintium nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Speaking of bugs that's been here since the dawn of time,

Me being stuck in a house for port scion, bad screenshot, but you can see some of the outlines in the middle of my screen, lesson learned...don't try to grab port scion relics and get feared? : http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...-27_231646.jpg

Amazing class balancing when a person can solo kill your team: http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...-28_015159.jpg

P.S: No shadow life or neddra's..
    Worst. UI. Ever.

RIFT Guide Writer

Well written by both of the OP's, obviously you quitting the game has no effect on the rest of the community, you have your reasons and are entitled to them.

I agree with pretty much everything that was said, and the only response I want to give are to the people who disagree on the "bug testing" front.

Trion is a gaming business... gaming businesses require a certain level of professionalism and a method of doing things.

They have an Alpha server (a Beta server really) to test things out prior to release. They have game developers for several different fields. Most of this has to do with design and game mechanics, the actual content being tested prior to release on the Alpha server. The coding errors that are evident in 99% of the mechanics / zones are something someone with a few years of experience should be able to recognize and fix, it really isn't rocket science, and most programming errors come from simple mistakes, that can be tedious to find, but simple to fix.

It is part of the business to test their product before releasing to the market... you wouldn't want a medicine company to release a "NEW AWESOME DRUG" when they haven't done testing on it. You don't want to buy the drug only to find out 2 years later its the cause of your cancer, your ulcer, etc etc. It is NOT fair to pay for a product that is not what was promised, matter of fact its called fraudulent advertising, and in the case of medicine you can easily be sued and lose your license. Obviously in a gaming community they "beat around the bush" or "fail to tell the whole truth", and its okay, because its not "life or death"... but to gamers it is still important.

If they want to release things that are so buggy they cannot be completed, and want people to pay $15 a month for it, then we the community deserve the right to know AHEAD of time. I know it's hard to manage the release of content for subscribers on top of making sure the content is ready for said release, but its something that as a business, should be done and done well.

As far as I'm concerned, Maximation, Voodoo, Addiction, and the other top guilds who have done testing, should have been PAID to do it. They've found 99% of the bugs that have made it POSSIBLE for the rest of you shmucks to go in and kill bosses. Through their blood and sweat and tears will it be made possible for the content to be killable for the rest of us (like myself who take the hardcore mentality with a casual schedule). Game testing IS a JOB, and Trion should have testers, if they don't, hire the players.

In addition, they aren't spreading their team too thin because of RIFT, they're spreading it too thin by having their hands in too many cookie jars.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 08-30-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    It is part of the business to test their product before releasing to the market... you wouldn't want a medicine company to release a "NEW AWESOME DRUG" when they haven't done testing on it. You don't want to buy the drug only to find out 2 years later its the cause of your cancer, your ulcer, etc etc. It is NOT fair to pay for a product that is not what was promised, matter of fact its called fraudulent advertising, and in the case of medicine you can easily be sued and lose your license. Obviously in a gaming community they "beat around the bush" or "fail to tell the whole truth", and its okay, because its not "life or death"... but to gamers it is still important.
    You just compared bugged bosses to cancer. I wonder how people who have cancer would feel about that.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast