+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Level 50, Now what?

Telaran

Default Level 50, Now what?

So, I hit level 50 recently.

I solo, don't raid really. Don't belong to a big guild. Don't run dungeons etc etc.

I have to ask; now what?

Roll a 2handed hammer dualwielding dwarf warrior. Level him naked just by killing bunnies. at 50,get back to me

You could work on finishing all the quest lines that you have passed over on your way to 50 or you could start some of the 50th level saga quests that are presently in the game.

You could get your 'Omen Sight' skill and become an artifact hunter. Unlocking all the various titles and achievements that go along with doing that.

You could join in on PvP rifts/Warfronts and work your way to Rank 8.

You could work on crafting. Pickup 3 tradeskills if you haven't yet or you could just ride around and harvest mats to sell for profit that you could use now or later to buy additional gear upgrades.

You could explore all the world and all the various nooks and crannies you haven't seen yet.

You could participate in the current World Event.

You could participate in Invasions and collect your sourcestones to either by better essences for your current character or to pass them on to an alt.

You could level an alt.

or.......

You could come on the forums and whine that there isn't anything to do at 50 when infact there is a plethora of options that are available to you. All these options, however, require you to invest a little bit of time in order to make steady progress but I understand, had you wanted to invest time and effort into progressing you'd have probably gone out and looked for stuff to do at 50 yourself instead of just running to the forums and making a thread that has been answered 100 times before.

Game is what you make it out to be, if you don't want to invest time in raiding, pvp, making friends or doing any of the various solo activities may I instead suggest finding a new game because MMOs just aren't for you.
    “Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” - Ambrose Redmoon

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by randomxyn View Post

I solo, don't raid really. Don't belong to a big guild. Don't run dungeons etc etc.

I have to ask; now what?
    I have 19 characters.. Never a dull moment. Crafting, questing, exploring... Just enjoying the game through every path possible. And trust me there are many paths. I am now about to enter Scarlet Gorge with my ' assassin '... Those spiders won't know what hit them. I was in Iron Pines earlier with my Warlock... goodness is that char powerful. And just for fun I was taking a new mage Chloro through the paces on an RPG shard... Thats new. I don't do 50. I just start over. Was the same in Warcraft. I have ten to cap there also... everyone an Ambassador.

Rift Chaser

level 50 is the perfect time to cancel your subscription

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by phillipemoren View Post
    level 50 is the perfect time to cancel your subscription

Actually, its when the game begins, unless of course you forgot to make friends along the way or, as in your case, dont know how to.

Telaran

Thank you for that very kind feedback.

I have many alts. (they are why I still am playing)

I do have friends, but I am not overly social, and a very casual player, this is my first level 50, I have been playing since the pre-release of the game.

I don't enjoy PvP.

I have explored.

I do craft.

I do participate in the world events. (with my alts)

I have no desire to level another alt naked by killing bunnies.

I will look into level 50 storylines. (this was the only interesting suggestion)

And, just so you know, I am not whining, I am asking for suggestions. If you like, I could whine though, let me know if you would like to hear whining.

Plane Touched

Didn't see these mentioned so:

Do daily quests for reputation.
    Icewatch: Most quests are at the Chancel, but there is one each at Whitefall and Exile's Den. If you skipped any of the camps, chances are there are non-repeatable quests that will give you more reputation.

Mathos: Their daily quests are all at Zareph's Return. Also mobs outside and inside the Endless Citadel give reputation when killed.

Dragonslayer Covenant: In Shimmersand, most of them are at Wyrmbane Spire. There are some solo and group quests at Gritsquall Haven, and one at the docks in Fortune's Shore.

Getting the maximum reputation with these 3 will unlock mounts, good helmet / leg / belt runes, and other things like recipes and pets.

If you haven't done so, do the story quest lines in each of the above zones. They have ok rewards, especially if you won't be doing any expert dungeons for equipment.

On that note - another bonus of doing the dailies is getting loot and money. Save up for the new crafted set gear. It's expensive, but again if you will not be getting expert or raid gear, it's the best there is.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by tobiasfrost View Post
    Didn't see these mentioned so:

Do daily quests for reputation.
    Icewatch: Most quests are at the Chancel, but there is one each at Whitefall and Exile's Den. If you skipped any of the camps, chances are there are non-repeatable quests that will give you more reputation.

Mathos: Their daily quests are all at Zareph's Return. Also mobs outside and inside the Endless Citadel give reputation when killed.

Dragonslayer Covenant: In Shimmersand, most of them are at Wyrmbane Spire. There are some solo and group quests at Gritsquall Haven, and one at the docks in Fortune's Shore.

Getting the maximum reputation with these 3 will unlock mounts, good helmet / leg / belt runes, and other things like recipes and pets.

If you haven't done so, do the story quest lines in each of the above zones. They have ok rewards, especially if you won't be doing any expert dungeons for equipment.

On that note - another bonus of doing the dailies is getting loot and money. Save up for the new crafted set gear. It's expensive, but again if you will not be getting expert or raid gear, it's the best there is.
    Thank you, those are some excellent suggestions. I very much appreciate you taking the time to clue me into them.

Rift Master

Feel better about yourself? does your senseless use of vulgarity give you that tingly feeling you so long for?
    Last edited by Kalevala; 08-27-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Reply to removed post

I have to ask; now what?
    Stop playing MMOs.

Guilding and playing with others 90% of the draw.

In This Thread : the OP picks the wrong style and genre of game for his playstyle and lifestyle!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by titansgrip View Post
    Stop playing MMOs.

Guilding and playing with others 90% of the draw.

In This Thread : the OP picks the wrong style and genre of game for his playstyle and lifestyle!
    *sighs*

I have played MMO's since EQ1. It is a style of game I enjoy.

So no, I have not picked the wrong game.

Thank you for that less than helpful comment though.

Re-roll!
    ...or craft and grind rep.
    Hoss

*sighs*

I have played MMO's since EQ1. It is a style of game I enjoy.
    Then you know the adventure/endless quest design has gone out of fashion in the genre.

So no, I have not picked the wrong game.
    Indeed you have. Because Rift relies heavily on group content gear acquisition as it's endgame currently.

Since you are unwilling or unable to participate as such, then yes. You have picked the wrong game.

Thank you for that less than helpful comment though.
    No one can or will actually help you. What possible comment would be helpful?

There are many side activities in the game such as crafting, crafting, achievements, alt rolling, et cetera. But I am going to bet you already know those things exist. As such the main thrust of the game- large group content is anathema to your playstyle.

Essentially, you chose to play the wrong type of game if you are uninterested or unable to participate in what is offered.
    Last edited by titansgrip; 08-27-2011 at 03:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast