Like Tree42Likes

Thread: What about pet's Trion ? ...What about the pet's ? ='/

Rift Disciple

Default What about pet's Trion ? ...What about the pet's ? ='/

I see update after update

- There be content for the raider's
    -There be content for the PvP crowd
    -There be content for the fluffy maniac's

But i ask thee what about the regular pet's ?

For example this one -

He is called Ace
    He enjoy's swashbuckling and backstabbing critter's

As you can see Ace is usually a happy - go -skeleton tho due the lack of care for pet's has made him abit sad -

Age's ago there were promises made about looking at pet's behaviour in combat -
    Those promises have not been fulfilled -

*Pet's still run amok when they are feared and stop attacking mob's - example Icetalon in AP

*Pet's still stop attacking if the mob has some special mechanism and run back kto the owner - example Rucia from Air Raid Rift -

*Pet's still get affected by certain effect's for example - Whirling Tempest - Caelia in CC

Tho this neglect is still minor your true flaw is on pet stat's

* There is only small difference when player is naked ; mostly 1 - 2 point difference on Advanced pet and Normal pet -

* Thus you spend load's of point's for improved graphics and 1 new ability for pet -

Yes - There is about 120 point difference in attack power vs - the normal pet vs advanced pet and 400hp difference when player is geared T1 raid geared -

It's sad really -

*Not to mention Valor - ; Valor doesnt scale at all to pet's at 400 valor my pet has 0 - thus poor Ace , get's killed by any heretic who can press a button

This has to be fixed -

Pet's are core part of multiple souls' to have this kind of disadvantage is a crime againt pet's everywhere -

*Customisation -

This subject is trcky but us pet owner's would love some luv in this category -

-Be it illusion on pet , dye , outfit , item
    The pet's will be happy with any solution -

Thus Trion plese dont ignore the cry of the pet's or you will make Ace sad

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and hereby supporting the pet cause - and voting for Ace to rule the world

I'd rather not have my pet have too actually obey mechanics, because I already have enough trouble with the r*t*arded AI doing stupid things, the other ideas are good though. ^.^
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

I haven't played the pet classes too much but I do know how annoying situations can be. I was also disappointed from the start to realize how limited pets in this game are. Not everyone really wants to have a scarily ugly pig, almost poodle-looking "wolf", and the same exact cat for both the lesser and greater primal companion. I guess I'm okay with the raptor although other people may not be, and I wish you could pick through the various skelly skins because some of the lesser ones I like better than the greater ones.

Moar diversity!!

Edit: I totally forgot poor druids! More fairies to chose from would be great, but I do love the giant satyr.
    Last edited by wingedkitten; 08-20-2011 at 03:51 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Rendor View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading that post. I agree that there's some things they need to work on with them.

An issue, though, is your claim that normal vs. advanced pets aren't too different. The normal one caps at level 30 -- even against mobs level 40 it'll barely do anything. Get up to 50-52 (raid) and it's completely worthless damage-wise.

Rift Master

My mage (necro/lock) has 2 skeleton pets he uses regularly. One is more of a dps pet and has, if I remember correctly, 520 AP; the other skelly is more of a tank and has 260 AP - exactly half - but a lot more health. There is also a third one - a mage skelly - but I haven't used him yet. I've been told he's more of an AOE type pet.

But, OPs post was an interesting read and I agree with him.

Ascendant

whats always bothered me was the way stats scale, the fact that while pets get focus/hit the tank pet has no toughness, and the physical appearance of the necro skeletal knight.

on the appearance thing. the first tank pet has a shield and sword and all. it looks like a tank pet
    the skeletal knight is dual wielding and looks like crap.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

I really do not understand why Rangers for example cannot tame all sorts of pets such as the hunter in WOW. Why restrict them to a pig, wolf and raptor ? There are some really nice looking mob models out there ie: Scorpions in shimmerscale. Why not use them ?

Of all things to copy, I could never understand why they didn't copy the hunter. The hunter class was one of the most widely popular classes that WOW ever produced.

Pets in this game are just very lack luster. From lack of skins, to poor mechanics, to low damage, the only soul that seems to do well with them is the Elementalist and that is strictly in PVE. In PVP they are just terrible.

I hope this changes in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    I really do not understand why Rangers for example cannot tame all sorts of pets such as the hunter in WOW. Why restrict them to a pig, wolf and raptor ? There are some really nice looking mob models out there ie: Scorpions in shimmerscale. Why not use them ?

Of all things to copy, I could never understand why they didn't copy the hunter. The hunter class was one of the most widely popular classes that WOW ever produced.

Pets in this game are just very lack luster. From lack of skins, to poor mechanics, to low damage, the only soul that seems to do well with them is the Elementalist and that is strictly in PVE. In PVP they are just terrible.

I hope this changes in the future.
    I totally agree with you, although I haven't played many other mmo's, WoW's pet system for the hunter class is amazing, and sadly I didn't realize it until I started playing this game. What a let down.

I think Trion really dropped the ball by not allowing pet classes to tame and how more pet selection.

Maybe in the future they can add soul specific saga quests which award special things. In the case of pet classes, let them go on journeys or master skills to let them acquire new pets.

Sadly, this is something that World of Warcraft does better and keeps adding new pets. It's a shame really since Rift is graphically superior and capable of so much more.

When I first leveled up as a Ranger, I was really excited to see what the Blood Raptor would look like. I mean, it had an awesome name, surely it would look awesome right? That's what I thought, at least. Turns out it was just a recycled model of the rest of the raptors in Telara. They should allow you to purchase ( wiht in-game currency, not a micro-transaction store) or earn 'skins' by completing class specific questlines. I'd love to see my Blood Raptor with some armor visuals on it, or at least a different color. Same goes for the other 2 pets at my disposal. They did fantastic by letting us name it whatever we wanted without having to either retame a pet or buy some kind of scroll to do it.

I'm really hoping one of these upcoming patches is a complete model overhaul. This game is visually superior to a good portion of MMOs, but it just lacks variety.
    Last edited by Kudaran; 08-20-2011 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azguard View Post
    Sadly, this is something that World of Warcraft does better and keeps adding new pets. It's a shame really since Rift is graphically superior and capable of so much more.
    Eh, since they introduced pet talent trees to "the other game", you basically only have three different pets anyway, and being able to re-skin them with monster textures is just a cosmetic feature. But still, a feature it would be nice to have, as the ranger pets just look damn ugly - but then again, most of the enemies in Rift are humanoids or planar creatures, not the sort of thing you could really have a tame one of...

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

I'm not a fan of taming wild mobs for pets if thats what you mean. I'm not gonna hang around an area waiting for hours for some rare pet.

Most of the pets are viable up until you start raiding or even in the harder t2's. Then they start dieing to the first aoe or they're just outclassed by some other spec. A way to train up your pet's abilities, like having their own souls, could make them actually useful in boss fights. Plus we would be able to adjust them for different kinds of fights, like how people have different specs for different fights. Something that makes having a combat pet worth it. Instead of just running at a boss and hitting start pet attack.
    Last edited by WriteThemWrong; 08-20-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Telaran

WILL SOMEBODY THINK OF THE POOR ABUSED APOSTROPHES IN THIS THREAD???

The preceding message was brought to you by the Society for the Preservation of Knowledge of the Difference Between a Plural and a Possessive.

Rift Disciple

I've been asking for a ranged pet for rogues since head start. I see no reason for rangers to be a ranged class, and rely on a melee pet for a third of their damage output in such a melee-unfriendly game, with such an archaic pet control interface.

I love you guys.

Fae pets for Druids
    Elementals for Elementalist
    Undead for Necromancer
    Wild animals for Beastmaster
    Tamable (story wise) animals for Ranger

Trion CAN do this. Either open up questlines to obtain these, whether as reskins or new pets, or allow us to tame them in the open world. Examples of all of these kinds of pets listed above, are already across Telara. It would require some reworking of the soul tree as well, but I think changing 'Razorback' to 'Defensive Pet' pretty much does it without enacting major major changes to souls.

In fact, I think its a great idea to open up questlines for every soul in order to differentiate yourself as you wish. Whether it is pets, or being able to shoot blue fire as a pyromancer, or to have marksman shots seem more like explosions on impact, or like sniper shots - all of this stuff really helps. No, not for raiders or hardcore PvPers, but the other 2/3s or so ;)

There are plenty of pets out there for players, and I highly encourage Trion to explore this, as like it was said, this is one thing from WoW that is outright GOOD.

Druids can find fae in Silverwood, Moonshade Highlands, etc, and possibly Planetouched Wilds if it does include fae.

Necromancers can find undead in Gloamwood, Freemarch, Stonefield, Scarlet Gorge, gosh darn everywhere, though most are reskins, it still offers more than what exists.

Elementalists have many different versions of the elements in the open world, and I'd like to adopt those. A different color and look to an Earth Elemental goes a long way toward player customization.

Beastmasters can hunt down dangerous beasts in the world. Those scorpions in Shimmersand? Get em.

Rangers can find the more tamable animals in Telara, many of them being yellow mobs, but certainly not all of them. Basically pets that you would expect to be able to teach to fight, rather than seem like unchained wild animals that the Beastmaster sets loose. The razorback and wolf is a good start, and grow from there. These kinds of pets exist in nearly every zone. I wouldn't mind some pets having overlap between Ranger and Beastmaster though, as long as it is sparingly and with sense (wolves make sense as they can be 'tamed', but are also quite wild, and they can both be DPS pets for both souls!).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast