Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: R8 Rift Cheaters - what is happening to them?

Rift Disciple

Default R8 Rift Cheaters - what is happening to them?

So far just empty words.
    What is happening to the rift cheaters that got to rank 8 by exploting?

I don't want to see another empty, cookie-cutting "we're looking at it" reply - I want to hear actual, tangible actions taken.

You've already pissed all over the PvP community with your obvious lack of care for content/non-grind efforts with the laugh-of-a-patch 1.4 - now you're rubbing it in with allowing for exploitation. It's like you WANT to see your PvP community leave.

GW2 where art thou?
    Last edited by Darkbulb; 08-10-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

I heard they were put in a room with a monitor and forced to view this website for 24 hour stretches:

http://cupstolen.ytmnd.com/

We're looking into it.

GuildWars 2 Beta 2011!
    Last edited by Tenet; 08-10-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Cleric - UNSUBSCRIBED | BFBC2 | TF2 | MNC || GuildWars GvG | Subspace 4v4 PremLeague |

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbulb View Post
    So far just empty words.
    What is happening to the rift cheaters that got to rank 8 by exploting?

I don't want to see another empty, cookie-cutting "we're looking at it" reply - I want to hear actual, tangible actions taken.

You've already pissed all over the PvP community with your obvious lack of care for content/non-grind efforts with the laugh-of-a-patch 1.4 - now you're rubbing it in with allowing for exploitation. It's like you WANT to see your PvP community leave.

GW2 where art thou?
    i imagine it will take a while, however the 1.4 pvp rifts are fun, i don't fault them for that

I do fault anyone who thinks GW2 is going to be the second coming, It's like the MMO players have memory lapse's for all their other previous exp's in MMO's

and judging by the gameplay of GW2 i've seen at the shows, It's not going to be what everyone thinks it is going to be.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Thumbs down

In before fanboys/exploiters trollbait post praising Trion for wonderful PvP Rifts...

...too late.

GuildWars 2 won't be the "second coming", but it also won't be patchwork of hacks trying to be a "WoW Clone". Sit.
    Last edited by Tenet; 08-10-2011 at 09:18 AM.
    Cleric - UNSUBSCRIBED | BFBC2 | TF2 | MNC || GuildWars GvG | Subspace 4v4 PremLeague |

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    I do fault anyone who thinks GW2 is going to be the second coming, It's like the MMO players have memory lapse's for all their other previous exp's in MMO's

and judging by the gameplay of GW2 i've seen at the shows, It's not going to be what everyone thinks it is going to be.
    At this point it appears as if any MMO can do a better job at PvP than Trion. 1.4 was a slap in the face of us.

- SAME content as from LAUNCH, (compare that to PvE content...),
    - Even the r7/r8 gear didn't get new graphics...they COPIED the looks,
    - NO ranked/end-game for PvPers...just a mindnumbing grind..for nothing,
    - We get 'versions' of existing warfront....you kidding me?
    - Exploits allowed to continue unpunished,
    - They even have the lack of foresight and introduced 'PvP rifts' that due to the Guard-Defiance population imbalance now benefits the
    Defiants so that they can dominate just a bit more. Fantastic.

I mean it's fine that a game is PvE-centric. I just had some hopes that Trion would deliver on the PvP front.

They haven't and they won't - hence the looking at GW2.
    Last edited by Darkbulb; 08-10-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
    In before fanboys/exploiters trollbait post praising Trion for wonderful PvP Rifts...

...too late.

GuildWars 2 won't be the "second coming", but it also won't be patchwork of hacks trying to be a "WoW Clone". Sit.
    Only, it is a WoW clone, and if you'd played it, you'd know this.

I'll put it this way, Ya know how they say "Oh we won't just have these quests where you have to go out there and kill 10 minotaurs".. well guess what, They do.. the game is clocked full of those types of quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbulb View Post
    At this point it appears as if any MMO can do a better job at PvP than Trion. 1.4 was a slap in the face of us.

- SAME content as from LAUNCH, (compare that to PvE content...),
    - Even the r7/r8 gear didn't get new graphics...they COPIED the looks,
    - NO ranked/end-game for PvPers...just a mindnumbing grind..for nothing,
    - We get 'versions' of existing warfront....you kidding me?
    - Exploits allowed to continue unpunished,
    - They even have the lack of foresight and introduced 'PvP rifts' that due to the Guard-Defiance population imbalance now benefits the
    Defiants so that they can dominate just a bit more. Fantastic.

I mean it's fine that a game is PvE-centric. I just had some hopes that Trion would deliver on the PvP front.

They haven't and they won't - hence the looking at GW2.
    Hmm

A. PvP rifts would be considered new content
    B. Gear is getting new graphics, They just didn't want people to wait for it
    C. You don't need Rank end game content, Arena was useless **** in WoW.
    D. It wasn't new in my opinion, it was Black Garden, in the middle of Whitefall.
    E. We don't know if they won't be punished yet, but I imagine they will be.
    F. We have a massive Defiant population on my server, still doesn't mean we can't take a group out and kill people all day long near the rifts.

I really hope they do get punished/rolled back whatever for the exploit.

otherwise my holier than thou not going to get involved because it's wrong to exploit attitude is going to really kick me in the nuts!

As for Black Garden in the middle of Whitefall i.e enhanced whitefall or whatever they called it I quite liked it - my only wish was that if someone nicked a shard & then got killed part way back to their base with it it shouldn't have yo yo'd back to the base but should have been carried again instead.

But that's just my two cents

You guys actually played GW 1 right?

right?

However getting back to the point of the thread:

Look what Elrar said here

Quote Originally Posted by Atonal View Post

I hope that is true and they stick to their guns.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Atonal View Post

Completely empty, generic words and no evidence that they a) were able to to trace the individuals that have exploited, b) statement about what has been done and c) how many were penalized.

I have zero confidence in that Trion will do anything but issue empty, generic statements like that.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post

...I do fault anyone who thinks GW2 is going to be the second coming, It's like the MMO players have memory lapse's for all their other previous exp's in MMO's...
    I remember when RIFT was the second coming. There's a short distance between coming and going

I don't think some people realize a few things.

They probably won't share specific disciplinary actions besides what he said there, possible roll backs and such. Also the action of discipline can take days after it happens cause like he posted, thorough investigation. They have to check a lot of logs and make sure they are right on the people they rollback. They can find everyone who hit a rank or gained prestige and how they did it, how fast they did it...it just takes them time and they have to make sure it's the right people.

In other games, with far less population and resources, I've seen exploits take 2 - 5 days to have action result. Rift has a lot of logs, servers and things to check if they really want to rollback everyone who possibly did it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raymath View Post
    I remember when RIFT was the second coming. There's a short distance between coming and going
    The difference is the GW2 is having an rvr focus from the start, while Rift had nothing concrete, then a post from a dev saying "if there is interest in rvr, we will make it" - but even when that thread got an incredible amount of support, they ignored it.

GW2 is being developed mainly for pvp, we still have no clear indication of what Rift wants to be, other than a cardboard jack-of-all-trades.

Rift could still get totally awesome, but they have to pick something and stick with it. You simply cannot make the holy grail game that appeals to theme-parkers, sandboxers, raiders, and pve groupers, and soloers, and crafters, and roleplayers, and arena pvpers, and rvr pvpers, and deathmatch pvpers, etc...

GW2 won't be the holy grail either, but at least they seem to be more comfortable picking a focus.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast