+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Horrible uptime for a game.

Soulwalker

Exclamation Horrible uptime for a game.

I have been playing PC games for over 12 years and haven't complained openly once but I feel I have to now because I have never experienced as much downtime due to patching in ANY game. Is there any type of testing done by the quality control team before updates are put out? Seriously folks I am paying a monthly fee to be able to play roughly 75 % of the time due to mistakes/errors in code that have to be fixed daily hence bringing the game down. I would expect more from a pay to play game.

Soulwalker

I agree.

I have lost all confidence in this game, and any future games this company might develop.

Once subscription is done, consider me gone, Trion.

Plane Touched

Uptime seems fine to me, better than my past experiences over tons of MMO's.

Well, I've been playing PC games since they started making them, and you're full of it.
    So, you think healthcare is a "right"? Then you also support the indenturing and/or enslavement of healthcare workers. Healthcare isn't a naturally occurring phenomenon like sunshine or air, someone else has to produce it, at a cost of their own time, and thus a portion of their life. So, be careful of what you would have the government claim for you at the point of a gun...

Rift Disciple

Funny I could cut and paste this kind of QQ statement from EVERY MMO Forum going back to UO. Good luck on that Grass is Greener MMO.

Telaran

EverQuest was like this when it first game out. Be glad they do patch things because in another MMO I recently came from, PWI, they patched once a week and leave major exploits in that are not dupes. I for one am HAPPY they do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid123 View Post
    I agree.

I have lost all confidence in this game, and any future games this company might develop.

Once subscription is done, consider me gone, Trion.
    Something tells me with this attitude there is not a single MMO you will enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viln View Post

PvP is a test of manhood and most of you will fail.

Red face

It seems to me that 30 min to an hour 3-4 times a week adds up to less than 8-12 hours once a week, with bug fixes measured in days, not months.
    a community-oriented site for all things Rift

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksblood View Post
    Funny I could cut and paste this kind of QQ statement from EVERY MMO Forum going back to UO. Good luck on that Grass is Greener MMO.
    UO

Remember the flashbacks? They were 'hours' of lost time, often times 4-8 hours where you lost time and were reset to a previous save.

Yeah, those were the days

Fun game though

The problem is all the little fixes.

If taken as a whole, they probably would be down no more than any other game. As is, RIFT goes down:

15 minutes here. Play. Then hour later, 30 minutes down. Then play. Few days later, rinse/repeat.

The total time is probably equal to another game's weekly maintainence (2 or 4 hours) but because we get interrupted so much, the game looks and feels like it's being run by inept individuals who don't know how to schedule and is rife with roaches.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 08-10-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Oh no! Trion fixes bugs, I better get to the forums and complain.

Rabble! Rabble rabble rabble!

The game has 97-98% uptime which is very good. If you want to compare wow only has 92-95% uptime.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Patching takes 5 minutes or less on most computers capable of running the game.

Plane Walker

Well as soon as I read your post I knew you havent played any MMOs in 12 years and saying the server are down 25% of all the time you can play cannot possibly be true either

Unless ofc you only play wednesday morning

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gordan View Post
    Something tells me with this attitude there is not a single MMO you will enjoy.
    I have played Guild Wars for the whole time it was out and there were never daily patches. And only 1 downtime I can remember. And its Free to play!!
    Last edited by Scuzzmojo; 08-10-2011 at 09:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast