+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: For the love of all that is holy

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Ok someone check this guy for PMS and send em to AoC launch..... he needs to find out what bugs really feel like.
    Be serious. You bring up the textbook example of the worst bugfest besides AO ever to launch as a major MMO, which never should have launched and was launched despite near univerdal pleas from the beta testers not to ( I know, I was one of them), which crashed and burned shortly after launch as a counter to his listing of actual bugs in this game? Really?

That's like saying "Be glad you have two broken arms and a broken leg...because the other guy's dead."
    Last edited by Landru; 08-09-2011 at 11:11 AM.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Occasional bugs in Rift are not any more than I can count in other games.

Rift has been the least buggy of any MMO I ever played.

I played an MMO where 2 entire zones had the text in Taiwanese for months. Where a quest chain stood broken for nearly a year barring access to leveling and all quests for the next FOUR zones.

Mobs have gotten stuck in the floors and walls of many a Warcraft dungeon. Raid bosses have mysteriously reset as well.

I been feared into pottery in Warhammer with no hope of exit. When that game launched, whole classes were literally... unplayable, as you couldn't even select them. I can fire up WAR right now and the character select screen still bugs out... its been years and an expansion.

There was a raid boss in ROM that I never looted in 2 years. Because you fell through the floor in an endless loop if you did. 2 years.

Age of Conan? Dear God, you know not what you ask of bugs...

Bugs? Yea, Rift has them. But no worse than others. And IMO, much less than others.
    Last edited by titansgrip; 08-09-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinos View Post
    -I still can't name my ****ing pet Steve. Though in hindsight thats probably because of Hartman.
    His name is Scott, but yea, everything else is spot on.

You also missed
    -Mining, Foraging nodes that don't despawn.
    -The first "Epic" quest being bugged for Guardians upon release and when they fixed it they made it so you only get 1 heart a week after Defiants had gotten it for everyone on the quest for at least 2-3 weeks.
    -Guardians not being sent the item for their Necrotic greater essence
    -Not to mention the whole RoS world event fiasco
    -Herald's adds being purge-able thus making the encounter super faceroll
    -endless Hammerknell bugs (seriously too many to list)
    -Remember when people could "hack" into the server announcement? That was fun.
    -Remember when cleanses couldn't cleanse?
    -How long was the Druid talent Weight of the World broken for? 10% crit down the drain.
    -Remember you had to stop casting to actually properly use Serendipty?

I could go on, but I'm sure i'd run outta room in this post before I listed even 1/10th of the bugs that got "fixed" but still didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

OP welcome to the world of MMOs. They ALWAYS have bugs.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

1.4 has had a lot of bugs. That's it.

I started played (I mean, I played the testing, but I first started playing the actual game) around the beginning of July. It was fine, *context brought into account*. 1.4 brought a lot of crazyass bugs though, and I encourage Trion to put more emphasis on squashing these BEFORE releasing a patch.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskon View Post
    His name is Scott, but yea, everything else is spot on.
    Well.. damnit, I still can't name my pet Steve. But yes, Tuskon, your right. This has been a ridiculous bugfest that gets worse with each patch. Testing needs to be done at a much better degree because it has done nothing good yet except post pone guild banks for a week at the VERY last second.

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by PanaDW View Post
    Rift has been the most bug free MMO's from launch I have ever played and I have played most.

They are also very attentive and quick to address problems.

Lighten up.
    Well. Outside of class specific bugs which will get identified at the start of a major patch and don't get fixed until the next major patch release.

Or ones that are entered in as patch notes, never implemented, never addressed and months later still exist.
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

Plane Touched

That explains why 40 people are standing around the quest for Moonshade Mop-Up after the recent hotfix trying to figure out why they were lied to. At least Abaddon just advanced the quest for me. Ill see you all at the next quest in the line when its bugged as well.

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

Ascendant

Oh hey look, another person who doesn't raid...quest...or run dungeons...ever..
    I do all the above and its still better than any MMO launched...well..ever. WoW was completely gamebroken for MONTHS after launch. Every patch there are bugs in quests in dungeons that go a week before being fixed. Trion responds faster and is better out of the gate than any other MMO.

THat being said I run into very few bugs in anything other than questing and the occasional wierd behavior of bosses in dungeons/raids. A big complex raid is gonna have bugs at launch, anyone who has ever played a MMO and done raiding knows that. If you don't, then you are new to this.

DAOC which alot of people think of as bug free and EQ which many people think of as stable had alot of huge bugs in dungeons. DAOC for probably about 3 months one dungeon couldn't be done without an army of people cause if you pulled one certain guy he fell through the dungeon and aggroed the entire zone, every boss, everything. And you would have 70+ goblins plus bosses suddenly run up the ramp after you. The only way to stop that bug from occuring was to mez the particular mob and nuke him down before he could take a step. EQ had similar issues with some of its zones. And you are talking far less complex dungeons and encounters than are in modern MMO's. That just amplifies the likelyhood of bugs occuring.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 08-09-2011 at 11:39 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Landru View Post
    Be serious. You bring up the textbook example of the worst bugfest besides AO ever to launch as a major MMO, which never should have launched and was launched despite near univerdal pleas from the beta testers not to ( I know, I was one of them), which crashed and burned shortly after launch as a counter to his listing of actual bugs in this game? Really?

That's like saying "Be glad you have two broken arms and a broken leg...because the other guy's dead."
    Well dude....the guy is listing fixed bugs just to make the list look bigger and more impressive.

Does rift have bugs? - yes it does, Any game breaking bugs? - not that i know of

And nothing justifies a bug QQ thread based on very few minor bugs, while trion pushed out so much quality content and changes in a such short time.

I mean who are we kidding here.... this thread is nothing else but

f'k my $5.000 baby carriage, silk sheets and my double DD nanny that leans over me every 10 min, i still want my home made candy or i will cry!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

If you don't like bugs stay away from life invasions....

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    f'k my double DD nanny that leans over me every 10 min!!
    y... yeah? I have permission?
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinos View Post
    Not really as about 70% of the bugs I just listed still exist.
    Fixed:
    -Loot bugs? Yeah it happened so many times, wrong piece to the wrong person. And speaking of loot, why the hell does the master looter have to close the chest 2-3 times after a raid rift to correctly be able to pass it out to its respective person.
    -Riftstalkers and rogue blinks used to make you fall through the world?
    -How many of you sat in Stillmoor because the invasions would bug. Oh, you could kill the rifts, but where were the invasions? That lasted a week or two, maybe longer.
    -Hey guys, we are Trion, here you go Clerics a new spell called Rebuke. Now we are going to disable it because we didnt have our **** together when it went live.
    -Pvp rifts not opening when no other rifts are open?
    -Missing artifacts.
    -Or all the times the last boss has bugged in GP.
    -How about all the rifts that used to lock at stage 4 and go immune? You guys remember that?

Current:
    -The countless armor bug outs, the guild bank being taken away several times since they have launched for replication errors?
    -Countless UI bugs. Missing party members, bugged bars, and more!
    -How many of you used to get feared through walls or the world. Or both. I did
    -The entire water cult saga quest, save those who got it done in the first few hours. Im tired of Veras asking me where all the bears are. The team can't even design new prestige 7-8 gear designs, to hell with bears.
    -Drowned Halls: Boss stuck in air? Can't loot it? Or maybe you kill the last boss and she immediately respawns?
    -Currently, if you are locked to a dungeon, not a raid, you can logout and log back in for it to be reset. Bug?
    -Or all the times you killed Gnarldon or Cinderon for it not to update in your log before you could just summon them
    -The quest in sanctum where you interrogate the aelfwar for the epic quest? How many times did it bug for you? I had to do it 3 times.

Invalid:
    -I still can't name my ****ing pet Steve. Though in hindsight thats probably because of Hartman.
    Yes.. SCOTT Hartsman is why you can't name your pet Steve.

8/16 unresolved bugs from your list.

.5, or 50%, even if you count the one I marked as Invalid, and it is..., you're looking at less than .7 or 70%.

Yay made up internet statistics!

Also your one about loot is half invalid, as loot wasn't going to the wrong person, your loot master just can't click. Further, the issue about chests has an easy workaround: people looting from it while the ML is in there bugs it, and the ML has to reopen it. Blame your overambitious fellow raiders.
    Last edited by Naria; 08-09-2011 at 11:46 AM.

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

Quote Originally Posted by Naria View Post
    Fixed:
    -Loot bugs? Yeah it happened so many times, wrong piece to the wrong person. And speaking of loot, why the hell does the master looter have to close the chest 2-3 times after a raid rift to correctly be able to pass it out to its respective person.
    -Missing artifacts.
    -Or all the times the last boss has bugged in GP.
    These are all still current bugs.

-Had the loot bug last night in GP, had to click the bosses multiple times to get the names to pop out of the group listings.
    -Reape'rs Kiss anyone?
    -Again, happened last night, he completely skipped his 30% phase and kept porting around like normal.

Put him @ .6875 or ~69%, close enough to 70%.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

These are all still current bugs.

-Had the loot bug last night in GP, had to click the bosses multiple times to get the names to pop out of the group listings.
    -Reape'rs Kiss anyone?
    -Again, happened last night, he completely skipped his 30% phase and kept porting around like normal.

Put him @ .6875 or ~69%, close enough to 70%.
    I'll give you that sir, but I refuse to round up, that's what happened to NASA.

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast