+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: players can now mount or stay mounted in indoors in meridian/sanctum

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneyes View Post
    its all about getting from a-b faster and faster which in turn lowers how long you level and actually 3 days at head start to hit 50, give it time you will be able to stay mounted while fighting as in the other mmo's trion are taking ideas from.
    Very few of my a-b's ever required going through a building while I was leveling. Caves, every now and then, but I don't see the advantage to mounting in a cave since you have to fight through mobs anyway. And until they do let you stay mounted while fighting, I kindly and respectfully ask you to not whine about it.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    Well, now Guardians will probably get to see what Meridian portculum person had to endure during RoS event. People had to run to the other port in Freemarch to use a portculum.
    Oh dear, good point.

I really wish they would put a 'collision' barrier around all vendors, quest NPC's etc etc. It doesn't have to be a large area but would fix so much of the immature griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezyrrith View Post
    OK, you're obviously upset...but what does grinding faster really have to do with riding your mount indoors? Aside from being able to port out of Sanctum 2-3 seconds faster, which doesn't really do anything significant in the end.
    Am not that upset am just getting annoyed that trion are making this game to easy already,a little inconvenience doesn't hurt anyone,why not just keep mounts usage for outside ,its all down to players wanting to get from a-b in 1 second so they don't have to grind any longer than they really need to ...

Also as has been posted we will get the afk morons who park there mount right over the portal npc and go afk for the next 2 hours,which happens to the portal npc's that are outside already lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Very few of my a-b's ever required going through a building while I was leveling. Caves, every now and then, but I don't see the advantage to mounting in a cave since you have to fight through mobs anyway. And until they do let you stay mounted while fighting, I kindly and respectfully ask you to not whine about it.
    who's whining about it ? I'm just saying it's a bad idea in my view and give my reasons so I kindly ask you to respect that

Am not that upset am just getting annoyed that trion are making this game to easy already,a little inconvenience doesn't hurt anyone,why not just keep mounts usage for outside ,its all down to players wanting to get from a-b in 1 second so they don't have to grind any longer than they really need to ...

Also as has been posted we will get the afk morons who park there mount right over the portal npc and go afk for the next 2 hours,which happens to the portal npc's that are outside already lol
    If mounts could carry you from the crafting station to the porticulum master in sanctum in 1 second, you'd have a point. But they can't, so your whining is utterly irrelevant. This doesn't make the game easier, it makes it less irritating.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 08-09-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Man, you guys need to get a better mouse or something. I've never had a problem clicking on any NPC, even during peek play times.

who's whining about it ? I'm just saying it's a bad idea in my view and give my reasons so I kindly ask you to respect that
    I respect you as a person, but I refuse to respect your rubbish reasonings for disliking this change. Sorry, but your reasons are the silliest ones in the thread, because this change, in no way, makes it easier to level.

Plane Touched

Not a good change...

Default Excellent change

So the only complaint is that people will cover NPCs? That's just silly
    "All we had to do was follow the damn train CJ"

Shield of Telara

I like this change. What I don't like is the fact that they forgot to add glass around the auctioneer like the kind you see in ghetto gas stations to prevent people from going over the counter. IMO. I'm tired of going to a port master and having 100 idiots stand in the porticulum master. Very annoying.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Rift Disciple

Please don't put this on RP-Servers... Two-tailed Lions and Monster-Turtles jumping through the Sanctuary? Don't do this

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by tebhi View Post
    So the only complaint is that people will cover NPCs? That's just silly

You obviously are on low pop server or have not had this happen. When its literally impossible to click on the porticilum master due to all the people stacking on her, it is very annoying.

I agree with pedestals, or increase in size, or even the collision aura around NPC's

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I'm not complaining, but I will note that having all the class trainers on the third floor in Sanctum produced a noticible difference in my training and class-respeccing behaviour when I decided to level some guardians.

Plane Touched

Unbelievable. This is the dumbest change I've seen in awhile. It's bad enough to be in crowded areas, but when you add mounts to that it's beyond absurd.

I am so bloody disappointed in you Trion. What a horrible change.

Seems that there should also be some thought into putting in place a way to make player models 'invisible' with a button press. Much like you can do in Aion or Forsaken World.

This way both camps can be happy, as players can remain mounted all the time, and if NPCs can't be seen, a player an choose to hide other player characters with a keystroke and have a clear view of target again.
    ***Somebody has to be willing to push to get the ball rolling***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast