+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Monthly Fee Options: Just a suggestion for TRION.

Soulwalker

Default Monthly Fee Options: Just a suggestion for TRION.

Hello World,

I haven't been playing rift for very long, but I do like it. Its a great game.

I have a little problem with the monthly fees. You see, I have a life, so I cant play rift 24/7 to get the proper game value for my money.

Sometimes I go two weeks without playing, that's about 8 dollars down the drain.

So why cant we have an option to buy a month's worth of gametime as opposed to the "play as much as you can during one month" model?

I am aware of the lower cost longer term options but that dosen't work very well for me either because I dont play all the time. Sometimes I have huge projects that demand quite a bit of my time, so I cant play rift obviously because these tasks take a higher priority.

I enjoy this game and love playing it, but I feel that I wont be able to do this for long because I'm wasting money when I dont play.

I wouldnt mind paying a little more for a full month of game time on MY terms.

What do you guys think?

If you would only play the game 15 hours a month more and get moneys worth.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

if you dont think your getting your moneys worth dont play it, next thing you know it will be pay by the hour...

dont play if you dont have time.

Why do people try and mess with a perfectly fine payment model?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lande View Post
    Must not have any projects going on right now...?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Finaltidus View Post
    if you dont think your getting your moneys worth dont play it, next thing you know it will be pay by the hour...

I do have time to play it. Just not all the time. I actually have to work for my money.

I'm not suggesting we change anything, I just want to add an option for occasional players like me. I have no problem with the monthly price.

Quote Originally Posted by Finaltidus View Post

You know the sad part remember when games used that model. And the money bill fora a online game and internet was insane.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Soulwalker

I'm not messing with anything, just posting a discussion topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyborg View Post
    I do have time to play it. Just not all the time. I actually have to work for my money.

I'm not suggesting we change anything, I just want to add an option for occasional players like me. I have no problem with the monthly price.
    The price structure they are using is just FINE. You more than get moneys worth in the 15 hours noted before.

In a way you are come across as I
    want something for nothing
    Last edited by Romiz; 08-08-2011 at 11:21 AM.
    System:

I went to the movies last night and my ticket was $15 ... for a movie that was under two hours.

Soulwalker

If you're concerned about $8 going down the drain each month, you shouldn't be playing at all.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by nezer View Post
    If you're concerned about $8 going down the drain each month, you shouldn't be playing at all.
    Why not?

There's nothing wrong with having a job and playing video games.

It's part and parcel of the "me" generation.

I want everything, my way, right now without having to compromise or put forth any effort.

Those asking for something akin to what the OP is requesting is obviously not old enough to remember when we had to pay by the hour for internet access while playing MUDs and how insanely inconvenient and ridiculously expensive it was.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyborg View Post

no one else in the world does either :P

trying to put a value on personal enjoyment is not going to work though, i would pay up to $1 hr to play this game, does that mean i can only play 15 hours a month at that price?

does that mean 15hrs a month is casual? should i get a special deal? 30mins a day is what this game is worth for me, its different for everyone, and thats the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjar_LC View Post
    It's part and parcel of the "me" generation.

I want everything, my way, right now without having to compromise or put forth any effort.

Those asking for something akin to what the OP is requesting is obviously not old enough to remember when we had to pay by the hour for internet access while playing MUDs and how insanely inconvenient and ridiculously expensive it was.

No thanks.
    Now I'm getting flashbacks of hours spent on an out-of-state BBS and the phone bill that came from it. Perhaps that's the reason I'm so against hour-by-hour billing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast