+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: x-shard LFD = death of dps

Default x-shard LFD = death of dps

Even in the lower level dungeons, it wasn't as bad for dps before the x-realm LFD. Yesterday I queued up as dps and the queue was about an hour and a half, then we wiped and the tank bailed then the healer bailed and no replacements joined for another hour when I just said "**** it"

Another queue another 1,5 hours and another wipe at the 1st boss in RD. Tank bailed then healer bailed and waited 30 min before we bailed too.

This situation didn't happen before. Queues were 30 min tops for dps and about 10 min for tanks and healers. The only ones who are favored by x-realm LFD are tanks and healers who now have instant queues. Dps can just go **** themselves, right Trion ?
    Last edited by Chomag; 08-06-2011 at 11:14 PM.

30 mins tops for DPS before xshard LFG?

I play on 3 high pop servers. If I didn't que as something other than DPS I was looking at a long wait for off-peak hours. Almost never got pops as a DPS at low levels.

YMMV
    Last edited by titansgrip; 08-06-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Even in the lower level dungeons, it wasn't as bad for dps before the x-realm LFD. Yesterday I queued up as dps and the queue was about an hour and a half, then we wiped and the tank bailed then the healer bailed and no replacements joined for another hour when I just said "**** it"

Another queue another 1,5 hours and another wipe at the 1st boss in RD. Tank bailed then healer bailed and waited 30 min before we bailed too.

This situation didn't happen before. Queues were 30 min tops for dps and about 10 min for tanks and healers. The only ones who are favored by x-realm LFD are tanks and healers who now have instant queues. Dps can just go **** themselves, right Trion ?
    Same here...

Join with at least 2 roles

You know its the best solution right now.

It's hardly the DEATH of DPS since 40% of every group are DPS spots.
    If you have long queues it is because DPS are more than 40% of the queue population. That seems to be the opposite of dieing put IMO.

If things were truly as bad as a lot of single role DPS people are saying the when I queue in three different roles I should never have DPS pop for more since there are so many waiting in DPS compares to support and healing.
    However, on my level 40ish toon I've had DPS pop for me plenty of times rather than support or heals.

The only role that is popping instant for me is T2 tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

I queue as DPS/support and almost always get in as support. And the first think I ask the healer is if they actually need support, to which the answer is usually "lol no" and I go DPS anyway.

There's very few bosses which actually need a support healer other than where people fail hard at mechanics and take unnecessary damage. And really, if you don't have viable specs for at least two of your available roles (although warriors get a pass on this one) you're bad. Don't be surprised if you have to wait longer when you refuse to do anything other than DPS.

Thumbs up

Oh chomag, as my time on these boards is short- you as well as anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of statistics knows XLFG was just pandering to the m[as.ses]. You know this, buddy.
    Last edited by Villaintine; 08-07-2011 at 12:21 AM.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Maybe people who purely DPS will stop playing, or adapt? If you want to do dungeons faster, get a guild with a tank/healer to carry you, or become one yourself. Tanking as a warrior in this game is redonculously easy. Healing as a cleric is easy, too.

Ascendant

Dunno why everyone doesn't level Shamen/Justicar/Druid you can queue for Tank, Healer, DPS or Support. That does seem a touch silly. Not that I have ever used the LFG tool. I mean LFG is something just other players use. :-)

Yeah, that really sucks for the people who picked a calling that only has DPS as an option.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Master

LFG can't determine if YOU suck or not.

DPS is the easiest role in the game, in any game, and people still manage to suck at it.

Rift's LFG system also has this dumb tendancy to mix very wide level ranges in groups. I can tell you for sure that I'm sick of getting into instances that are way below my level. When leveling alts.

DPS are dime a dozen and most of them are mediocre at best. Even great dps don't stand out much in PUGs. DPS way out number tanks and healers.

Why should tanks put up with anyone that sucks when they play the most demanding role, need to know all content, are responsible for the whole group, and if THEY are not good at what they do, everything falls apart?

You have a few solutions.

One, develop a healing or tanking role. Be useful! You have way more control over your destiny if you're flexible. If you can queue as tank, healer, or even support, AND as DPS, (and not suck at the other things that aren't DPS) you get groups faster, learn how to play overall better, and sometimes you even get to DPS.

There's a reason the dps queue is a mile long, it's because DPSing is easy, zero responsibility, no pressure, very little thinking - it's what appeals to most useless and lazy modern MMORPG players. Have a nice day.

Two, join a leveling guild that has people who run instances and form groups that won't break up every time the slightest mishap occurs.

Three, keep doing what your'e doing but be a difference maker. Stand out. Know your DPS spec inside out, every nuance, obtain the best gear humanly possible at all times, rune it, etc. Any braindead chimp can slack thru this game or any other modern MMORPG putting forth almost no effort, sucking all the way. But a GOOD DPS player is so good at DPSing that they stand out and make a difference. A GOOD DPS player is never satisfied always looking to squeak out more DPS, always wanting to crush all other DPSers. (This is true of all good players but since DPS are a dime a dozen, you REALLY need to bring it to stand out against all the other good DPSers).

Telaran

Unfortunately, DPS roles attract attraction-seeking idiots more than any other role. Thru many MMORPGS, I've seen a LOT of craptastic DPsers. Many more than clueless tanks or healers.

Most of these actually bragged about how they stole aggro. After all, as a DPS class, you already make the biggest numbers fly. if you take aggro, it PROVES you have the biggest... Weapon doesn't it ?

Reminds me of soccer in school. EVERYONE wanted to have the ball and score goals. Nobody wanted to defend. Or even pass the ball.

Rift allows you to switch roles easily. Use it. At the very least, it shows you're willing to play team. Only wanting a DPS role would make me suspect you're a "give me the ball" player
    Last edited by Skjuld; 08-07-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Skjuld View Post
    EVERYONE wanted to have the ball and score goals. Nobody wanted to defend
    Wrong. I always defended
    Maybe have something to do with fact that as defender you have to run much less

Telaran

Seriously, I do not understand what the complaints on DPS queues are about. You have to realize, that the day you saw x-shard LFD was going to happen, and you said to yourself, "Yay, I can queue as dps now and wait 10 minutes." Every other player with a dps role did the exact same thing. I can understand if you don't want to play support, tank, or heal, but you have to understand that if YOU choose to play DPS you are screwing YOURSELF out of a faster queue. Queues are always going to favor players who play the least played roles. The same complaint was made in WoW too. "We don't like 45 minutes queues," well quit queueing dps, *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteis View Post
    My g/f is busting balls too. Like, I don't bug her when she's watching her stupid shows or going clothes/purse shopping with her lame chums.

Leave me alone too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Join with at least 2 roles

You know its the best solution right now.
    Support is already synonymous with DPS in t2's, anyone who doesn't already do that is doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Liavy; 08-07-2011 at 06:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Damn it Liavy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast